• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Rally poll #1 "structured plan"

plan or not

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

yellowfiero88

One of a couple polls to improve the "Checkmate Owners Rally"

Option #1 ~ Leave it like we did for 2011
Option #2 ~ Set plan similar to that below
FRIDAY NIGHT
We do that every year, meet and greet :thumb:
SATURDAY
I was talking today with Ross about doing this.....
10:00am start at burnside after breakfast. . From there run down to the damn making a couple stops for people to join the run (50 miles).
11:30am turn around and head to Jamestown for lunch (13 miles).
1:30pm after lunch, gather for pictures and racing for a hour or so
2:30pm head to raft up at Harmon Creek, all rolling in together (5 miles) (allowing me to drink in one hand and point at myself with the other)

Grider or state dock both have food and live music for future events:thumb:

Option #3 ~ Don't care, I am coming/not coming either way
Ok, that will provide no help so I will not include #3:p

I voted for plan 1 only because I feel that plan 2 would fall apart with that many people. For instance, that many boats pulling into Jamestown at the same time may be chaos, I may be wrong. I do think we should all meet at a spot, say outside Jamestown harbor or scull mountain, for a run to the dam or wherever, hang out and swim along the way, and then to Harmon all together.

Also, people camping at the dam side of the lake would be better off trailering to Burnside with plan 2. That is a long way for people to travel in the morning to meet.

FRIDAY NIGHT
SATURDAY
10:00am start at burnside after breakfast. . From there run down to the damn making a couple stops for people to join the run (50 miles).
2:30pm head to raft up at Harmon Creek, all rolling in together (5 miles) (allowing me to drink in one hand and point at myself with the other)

What is the plan for sat night ? What dock would the group meet at for dinner and or live music since it is kinda the big blowout evening of the rally.

FRIDAY NIGHT
SATURDAY

Sounds good, But need more time for Racing, Pictures and vids.! IMHO
:thumb:

No matter what you do not everyone will be happy anyway!:mad:

Yup! Option 3 for me would have been: I don't care, cuz I wasn't there and don't have anything to bitch about.

I would like to go next year and don't care what the format is, but it will require 2 things in order for that to happen:
1-The wife working and not getting laid off
2-Find a place to stay that has covered slips*

*Now Big Red can continue giving me a hard time for wanting a covered slip.:)

Yup! Option 3 for me would have been: I don't care, cuz I wasn't there and don't have anything to bitch about.

I would like to go next year and don't care what the format is, but it will require 2 things in order for that to happen:
1-The wife working and not getting laid off
2-Find a place to stay that has covered slips*

*Now Big Red can continue giving me a hard time for wanting a covered slip.:)

there are lots of covered slips anywhere you go, just because big red has a mobile covered slip gives him no room to give you crap:lol:

What is the plan for sat night ? What dock would the group meet at for dinner and or live music since it is kinda the big blowout evening of the rally.
Not sure, this is just a feeler thread to get ideals. Plus its almost a year away:poke:, I still don't know what I am doing tomorrow!!

It's an inside joke I've already got on him about it before! I'm not an english major by far, but I like messing with him.:cheers:

Yea, yea, yea.....I hear ya. Your going to need to buy my dinner in a couple weeks. Looks like the weekend of the 27th I'll be in your neck of the woods. We can talk about my ideas on my ideals then;)!!!

Back