• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Status
Not open for further replies.
God help our future America McCain and Obama won't have to screw it up your generation is well on to doing that now.

That is pretty funny!

I will be the first to admit that "our" generation has issues, but come on, even insinuating that "we" are on the way to screwing the entire country up is absurd.

I am not going to add to this crap, but hear me out on this. My father (your age bracket) tells me that his fathers generation expected sub-par performance from their kids too.

So I understand where this is coming from. Just realize that there is good and bad in all generations.

Were you one of those that walked to school in ten feet of snow, up-hill both ways, even on Sunday like the old timers often talk about!!!!????LOL

Your oppinion is well taken, I just feel it may be a little over the top!

:popcorn:

I didn't play a race card; I am latino as well as white and black, so you wouldn't be wrong to assume I am white. My point was to say that when people spew nonsense that is actually worthy of opposition, nobody says anything on the forum. Even when I called out BigRed, the only time I saw anybody oppose him directly was in my PM box. Yet when someone has a problem with my quantity of posts decides to come at me, everyone makes it public and direct. I will always approach any topic with the same vigor no matter how heavy or light the subject is. I don't have the luxury of having a selective opinion.

I am not the only one who posts something other than advice, you can open up any thread right now and see that many people leave 3-5 word posts; yourself included. I only come on here while I'm at work, so when I come back Tuesday mornings I catch up on the threads from Saturday night to Monday night. It isn't my fault you have a shoddy connection, and you don't really have any place to complain. This is a free community forum; I have a Checkmate and I have been boating since I was a small child. I have provided plenty of advice and resources for members of this forum considering the short time I have been here. Just because I leave my two cents more frequently than others doesn't mean that I am wrong for doing it.

For the most part this is a great forum, but whenever controversial non-boating topics come up I see how much of double-standard things can be on here. People feel more liberal to be ignorant when there is the warm blanket of internet anonymity to comfort them. Making the KKK hotline your signature raises no eyebrows, but a post count does. To avoid those kinds of conflicts, Chris has made another forum specifically for that purpose. Even so, I don't see anybody going there to call people out for their ignorance.

God help our future America McCain and Obama won't have to screw it up your generation is well on to doing that now.

I will be the first to admit that "our" generation has issues, but come on, even insinuating that "we" are on the way to screwing the entire country up is absurd.

It's funny how most of the subprime homeowners and deeply indebted whom are greatly responsible for this crisis are over 40 years old. What impact exactly does my generation (1982-2001) have on the economic crisis, or anything political in general? I'd love to see a realistic response on the political interference forum. :thumb:

hotdaddy27

You have contributed

No I didn't walk up hill in the snow to school.
I was taught respect my elders and authority. The only one that has paid off is respecting my elders. I see college kids voting now that have no clue as to what the issues are but they want cheaper gas prices. I know people my age and younger all over this country and values are not what they used to be. I was basing my opinion off of my years of experience managing and mingling with "your generation". Not meant to be an attack on you personally, but on "your generation", 20-35 yr olds today get out of college and want to make the big bux and still need to "earn their keep" before they boss the world and make the big bux. I see a lot of mechanics going to tech school and still can't fix anything upon graduation. Experience is an important tool that is being forgotten by many youth today.

I am not way over the top nor off base. I have info on my page, can be reached easily, have lived in the same place for 25 yrs and don't hide behind the computer.(Again-not directed at you)

I don't like politics because it creates a big controversy-yes there was a short reference to politics. It was a comparison, not a discussion.

You have contributed
I see a lot of mechanics going to tech school and still can't fix anything upon graduation. Experience is an important tool that is being forgotten by many youth today.

I couldn't agree more! Too much is being taught strictly through books and not enough hands-on training. In my profession you can't be anything more than a trainee without thousands of hours of first-hand experience certified by your superiors, state/federal required education credits and a state test for each level of licensure. I have been working here for over 7 years; I hold a position where my performance effects the quality/safety of tap water for over 3,500 residents. An auto mechanic has an equally great responsibility to the consumer because a shoddy job could cost lives. If it took that much effort to be a mechanic then there would not be certified mechanics that don't know the differences between 2 stroke, 4 stroke, LPG and diesel. :shakehead:

Kary, don't worry about offending me. I am fine with other's views.

As I stated, I agree with many of your points as it pertains to my generation, but I honestly believe that the generations as a whole won't allow my or any other generation to ruin this great country. I will leave that alone for now, because I would venture to guess that very few of the current U.S. Officials are in my age bracket.:sssh:

As far as respecting your elders...I agree. My Grandfather also taught me another one....Respect is earned not given. Also, Respect those that respect you in return.

Anyway, I will continue to read, but I would like to go and discuss boats!!!:banana:

Oh yeah, you are right. I guess I have contributed to this mess.

Oh well.

By the way PapaMac. I don't really give a $*** who the "big dogs" are supposed to be on this forum. We all have a right to be here. So you are wrong, "everyone" isn't jumping on t*ts. That statement was a little too broad. Kind of ironic.

Thanks guys.

HD

Respectable?! lol

It's pretty sad how much racial filth was discussed on this site, and nobody ever said a word about it until I joined and saw it myself. Yet I have a lot of posts, so everyone decides to jump on Kary's t*ts like this site is your whole life and I'm ruining it for you. lol

I've been posting a lot for months, yet nobody said anything until now. Those who thanked Kary, you are all are on here on a regular basis; why have you been silent until now? Whether your reason is that you have been looking for a reason to hate on me, or you think a thanks will get you into Kary's brown-eye. Either way, if you don't have the b*lls or intelligence to think for yourself and say something on your own, then don't say anything at all.

Last I checked, this is a community forum. A FREE forum that a small percentage choose to become supporting members of, which I fall under. I see plenty of BS posts on here on a regular basis, nobody says anything. I give my own contribution of praise and helpful info/links, I wouldn't call that crazy drabble. You guys must have a real hard on for me or something. Do I really matter to you so much that I have to be discussed in several threads simultaneously?! lol

If you can all be upset as a group about someone you will never meet over how many posts he has, you lead very empty lives. I'd pray for yall, but I honestly don't even think about this forum once I log out.

This site was never full of racial filth !!!! I myself may have posted things that could be taken as racial by some people that feel they are the minority. So the blame can be put on me for that. But to go as far as you did and say the site was full of racial filth is uncalled for. My dealings threw life have made me the way I am and I am not changing for nobody.

The post Kary made that alot of people thanked was the truth about the way you post. Come on man positing stuff like on threads that GiG the ebay link made is drabble. And a lot of people have seen this and just not posted. You happended to catch Kary on a good day with your drabble.

I can go on and on but everybody on this site knows that me and you don't see eye to eye.

All this just started over all the drabble you been posting their was nothing racial in it whatsoever. So stop bringing all the old crap up its over. I don't feel sorry for you why don't you get over yourself.

And one more thing Papamac if you got anything else to say to me post it on my Vistor messages on my profile. So we can keep this crap off the board. That way people can still read it and we don't have to give Chris a melt down.

Here is a link for you

http://checkmate-boats.com/forums/member.php?userid=14485

there you go..... keep the crap off the public forum so when visitors get on and check out what we are discussing they don'y see the imature posts by a few that are on the board!!! thanks big red!:thumb::cheers

Well as far as saying that no-one opposed some of the comments that were made (a while back) that had a slight racial undertone to them, I don't think that's accurate at all. I opposed them, as did others. For me, as I posted at that time, I judge people as individuals and from my personal experiences with them. That's how I decide who I like and who I don't.

See here is the problem on message boards including this one...

...People from all walks of life join up because something attracted them to do so. On this site, most people I would assume join up because they have an interest in Checkmates. So when we're talking Checkies and boats, everything is copasetic. When we veer off course into other topics, like politics, religion or whatever, the collective and common interest that we share no longer exists. And that's when the friction between people starts.

Now personally, I'm a big boy and when I have something I feel I need to say I'm not afraid to say it or post it. Not because I'm the admin, because that's just the way I'm wired. I've said things on other forums when I feel they need to be said as well. But at the end of the day, I'm well aware that I'm not going to agree with everyone else in this world, nor are they going to agree with me. So for me, getting all "huffy & puffy" trying to change people's views beyond a certain point is just a waste of time.

So knowing that, I usually just make my point, if I have one to make and then I move on.

I chalk it up to, sometimes in life, you just have to agree to disagree. ;)

And if people would do that more often, that being, to just agree to disagree on some things, rather than dwelling on the little things we see differently in the world, we would probably all get along better.

-Chris

Wow!!! I try to check in once or twice a day, but working 50+60 hrs a week has been kind of hard. Also helping Chris and Coop over on the other forum has taken away from posting here.
I'll remain neutral on this topic that got out of hand quickly, but we all agree to disagree and at the end of the day we all come here because of one thing in common, the love of Checkmates and boating.

Every person on this site has something to contribute whether you/we can agree on or not, the bottom line is we all help each other, if you would like to debate something go to http://politicalinterference.com/ we need more members.:D

Gentlemen- I agree with cmpulse170. I joined this site to be a part of a community that shared a common passion and to be connected to a group that would not only be educational but FUN.
This kind of nonsense takes some of the fun and supportiveness out of our common interest and turns our meeting place into just another source of discord and friction not so unlike the workplace or political arena.
Maybe it wouldn't hurt to try to be a little more conscious of the fact that what we write is read by a diverse group who don't necessarily share our views and opinions outside of boating.
It also might not hurt to lighten up a little and not take things too personally OR SERIOUSLY!
This whole business is starting to feel like a weekend with my in-laws.

Yes this thread did get out of hand and I will take par-shall blame. But its kinda like going to the races we all like to see a good crash.

I rate this thread for getting out of hand

Score-101010.gif

Wow!!! I try to check in once or twice a day, but working 50+60 hrs a week has been kind of hard. Also helping Chris and Coop over on the other forum has taken away from posting here.
I'll remain neutral on this topic that got out of hand quickly, but we all agree to disagree and at the end of the day we all come here because of one thing in common, the love of Checkmates and boating.

Every person on this site has something to contribute whether you/we can agree on or not, the bottom line is we all help each other, if you would like to debate something go to http://politicalinterference.com/ we need more members.:D
True dat! And I appreciate your help on P.I. - thanks for it.

Both our sister sites were set up on behalf of everyone here for their enjoyment and use. Don't be shy gang! Pop into our other joints and liven them up. :D

-Chris

So what you're saying, Chris, is that you want us to move this over to Scream and Fly?

So what you're saying, Chris, is that you want us to move this over to Scream and Fly?
Not saying that and not sure where you got that impression. Athough I'm a regular visitor and participant of Scream and enjoy it very much.

I was suggesting that we have our two other sister sites that you guys can also enjoy. EB was set up at the request of a number of members who wanted to discuss their other boats or for members who happen to sell their Checkies and move to something else. So it would be nice to see a few more people utilize it to be honest. Lots of work has gone into it and continues to go into it.

And then we've also got the new political forum where people can go to discuss more of the hot button topics. We put that site together as it seemed like some in the group wanted a place to discuss some topics which seem to upset some here.

-Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back