• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

To all of my northern CMate friends.....

What's LN water temps right now? Thanks for all the pix by the way. Can't wait to get down there again!

The water temp was 45 today, I did drag my toon out and fire it up. If I would have really thought it was going to be this nice today. I would have went to the lake. 65 in the shade at the house.

Attachments

• !cid__0130111524.jpg
    !cid__0130111524.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 31
SCT - My brother and I were going to give you a PM and see if you were around on Saturday but ran out of time...Awesome weather for January!

Attachments

• DSCN7221.jpg
    DSCN7221.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 34
  • DSCN7222.jpg
    DSCN7222.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 32
  • DSCN7225.jpg
    DSCN7225.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 36
Wasnt so warm here today . The lake is frozen about 1.5 ft . Spring cant come fast enough . Hope you guys enjoyed the beautiful weather least you guys can get out on the boats now

Last edited:
I wish I had one of my boats ready it was 70 and sunny here. instead I took my two girls to the playground at where we launch. kids played while I looked at the lake and wished!!

I wish I had one of my boats ready it was 70 and sunny here. instead I took my two girls to the playground at where we launch. kids played while I looked at the lake and wished!!

You got to many irons in the fire, get rid of 2 and keep one. Had 3 lake ready at once and its not worth it. Seems to much of a headache always tinkering. Much more relaxing having one

I just need more time. The only one I am focused on right now is the coronado. the checkmate will be next after the coronado is finished. the chaparral is a joint boat that was given to me and my parents by a friend. My wife works on the weekends so I have to keep up with my 6 and 2 year old daughters. the only thing left on the coroando is fix the alternator and do a tune up, then it is ready for the water. After it is ready I will work on the checkmate as time allows. I got back into to boats to keep me away from dirt track car racing. I am a person that needs something to work on. I may thing about I may look at seeing if I can fine any interest in a trade for my coronado for a pontoon that should be ready to just go to the lake when we are, so then I can have the checkmate as my project. but when all is done I probably will not be able to let the coroando go because it is just a cool boat.

I am really Jealous SCT......I hate you too........It is 18* here with -1* wind chill........and that is our high of the day.....supposedly a big snow storm is moving in....but the forecasters have been wrong about 90% this year so who knows.

That looks like some fun boating....thanks for the pics! That is a sweet lookin boat.

You down south guys got it made its gonna be a while for me there is is about 8" of ice on the lake here and a lot of idiots fishing out there seating in tents.

You down south guys got it made its gonna be a while for me there is is about 8" of ice on the lake here and a lot of idiots fishing out there seating in tents.

Haha yeah man, saw that this weekend, your end of the lake looked like a small Alaskin community!! I haven't seen Keuka froze solid in a long time...and now to make matters even better, 2 more day's of snow storms commin right at us...

I love seeing those pics as we have a blizzard outside right now (and I'm not all that fond of winter and can't wait to get my boat out). Great pics though!

Back