• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Vintage Jetmate

This thing is sick jetmate. Really liking the paint and sweet job on the hatch. I really like the clean simple look less is alway more really digging it.

I'm in possession of this boat now...Bought it a couple years ago, taking the word of the seller it was good to go...Leaked like a sieve...Fuel pump, fuel lines, anti-siphon valve, starter, jet pump...all shot...Thanks for sharing about the hull damage to all but who you sold it to...
I obviously trust no one, any more...!

He sold it with the hull damage. You bought from the guy not telling you about it and any other problems.

I'm in possession of this boat now...Bought it a couple years ago, taking the word of the seller it was good to go...Leaked like a sieve...Fuel pump, fuel lines, anti-siphon valve, starter, jet pump...all shot...Thanks for sharing about the hull damage to all but who you sold it to...
I obviously trust no one, any more...!

Very tough lesson to learn, hope you didn’t pay too much, IIRC he wasn’t asking a lot. But even though I have the tools and knowledge to repair nearly everything myself and I do it unless I don’t have the time. I still pay for a full inspection on every machine I buy. I just don’t trust myself to be objective and not start missing or overlooking stuff, plus sellers never fully disclose. Best money I ever spent was $125 25years ago to not buy a boat that did not pass an Inspection I paid for on it.

Jetmate sold it in 2016

Guess I'll through in a little history: I sold this boat to "Problem Child" in 2016. I listed it here on the forum as a project boat with hull damage.

https://checkmate-boats.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30423

I sold it for $1200. Posted pictures of the hull and disclosed everything to the buyer. Everyone was happy. In the 4 years since I sold it I have not seen it and do not know what was done to it. I feel bad that this fellow may have gotten a bum deal from the gentleman he purchased it from, but we don't know how many times it may have changed hands since I sold the boat in 2016. He may have purchased it from PC or someone else. I don't know. Hope he gets things sorted out. Hope he didn't pay to much. Best wishes to TROUTBUM.

Jetmate :cheers:

I didn't come here to seek trouble...found this page by accident, after searching "JetMate", and having pictures of the boat in my garage appear, in the results...15 June 2018...I would have really inspected the boat more closely, but it was 4 hours from home and no shot at a test drive...so I asked lots of questions and received what I thought were honest answers, I am not a novice with boats/engines, but no where to work on such and disabled vet...Tried to take my wife for a ride, and failures all over and taking on water, in the height of summer...Being an old Berkeley pump, few would even look at it when they had time in winter!...Finally last fall, the yard called and said they were done...never had another nice day til this spring...Starter still sticking...would not run...replaced everything between gas tank and engine, still won't Idle (likely because yard just let sit)...Though yard said they replaced main bearing in Pump ($870.00)...I'm still hearing something not right...I just don't have the mobility to get around this thing and I can't even get to run well enough to sell as a "project"...

............Have had this boat two (2) + years and haven't even had a real ride...Just faced with having to reverse engineer the failed repair, so any additional photo's and detail of original damage would be much appreciated...

I'm not trying to stir animus...But yes, I was assured this boat was good to go, no known issues...I live four (4) hours from seller, couldn't schedule test drive or for sure would have walked with pace...I now have to either reverse the failed repair(s) and have pro's re-do right, or scrap her...

Back