• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Where are you from?

Hello All!

Hello All,

I'm new to the forum, my father and I just purchased a 1990 Checkmate 17.5ft Sportfire Runabout. It has a 1996 135hp Mercury outboard engine.

We are both avid water skiers and barefooters, plus I also wakeboard. Needless to say, we are water sports people.

We live in/around Milwaukee, WI, so we have no shortage of lakes and rivers from which we can drop out new Checkmate in, aside from the fact that they are all frozen 8 months out of the year!

I'm happy to be apart of the group and conversation.

I did have a question about which prop I should get for the Checkmate when we are more interesting in pulling more weight behind the boat with water skiers, barefooters, and wakeboarders.

My current prop is a High Five 5-blade, #48-81576-21, 13.25" diameter x 21" pitch.

We aren't as concerned about speed as we really only need to go at most about 40mph for any of those activities, and I wanted to ask the forum what everyone things the best kind of prop I should get. But maybe I should save this question for another thread/forum/blog/whatever.

Thank you!

Hello from Alberta

Good day to you all from Stettler Alberta-Canada. Just bought a diplomat with 150 Mariner in need of TLC.

New (to me) 86 Eluder owner

Hello everyone! My name is Charles, I am currently in Gardner Kansas ... a Kansas City suburb. Purchased my 86 Eluder on Monday and couldnt be happier.

Comox valley British Colimbia Canada

Just joined the world of Checkmate ownership so looking forward to sharing and learning from you all

New owner, new Member

Hey everybody, add another one to Ontario, Canada. Just bought my first checkmate, a 1991 Enticer and I'm located right in Toronto

The UP of Michigan

A few pics from on the water.Have been out in Lake Superior but we don't travel far from the breakers in a 18 footer

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Back