• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Enforcer Paint Resto

pictures

Attachments

• DSCN3034.jpg
    DSCN3034.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 39
  • DSCN3035.jpg
    DSCN3035.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 37
  • DSCN3036.jpg
    DSCN3036.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 37
mfr's coulda at least sprayed some flake!

guess it looks aiight as is...:poke: :thumb:

Got your PM, will give a holler when I get back from mexico!

Are you planning on putting the windshield back on or leaving it off??

Are you planning on putting the windshield back on or leaving it off??

I'm putting it back on, gotta call Mike @CM to get the t-bolts snapped two of them off. I've got the frames repainted black along with black tint.:thumb:

mfr's coulda at least sprayed some flake!

guess it looks aiight as is...:poke: :thumb:

Got your PM, will give a holler when I get back from mexico!

Yeah damn painter wouldn't shoot some flake!!! :DI asked for silver/gray flake pinstripes along the gunnells since they were black.

Here's before and after pictures. I think the blacked out windshield will look good since we painted the bump black.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• DSCN2197.jpg
    DSCN2197.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 189
  • DSCN3026.jpg
    DSCN3026.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 189
Robbie that looks great! Just got off the phone with Brian and had to look at the pics. I want to see it in person at Cumberland!!!!!!!:cheers: Another great job Brian,even if it is red and black.......LOL !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Robbie that looks great! Just got off the phone with Brian and had to look at the pics. I want to see it in person at Cumberland!!!!!!!:cheers: Another great job Brian,even if it is red and black.......LOL !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks!!! A big thanks to Brian, the brutha can paint!!!!:thumb: I plan on making the trip this year.:D

Gonna hold you too that!! and yes he is good ,but he requires Ky Koolaid!!!!!!!!:cheers:

:rof: He told me about the Ky koolaid, sounds similar to the Purple Jesus down in SC or PJ as it's commonly called.:thumb: My wife and I are making plans for the trip this year, talked with Brian this morning about where they are staying so we'll be close by or same palce.

Here's before and after pictures. I think the blacked out windshield will look good since we painted the bump black.

lookin real nice! i like that you broke it up a bit with the white.

from a distance the windshield might appear larger with the black below it but it will still look great

lookin real nice! i like that you broke it up a bit with the white.

from a distance the windshield might appear larger with the black below it but it will still look great

Brain and I was tossing around the idea of cutting the windsheild down so that it's a lower profile. I was also thinking of leaving it off, we'll see how it looks once the windsheild is on.:D Got to many ideas in my head!!!!:D After the bottom was painted we walked around the boat tossing out ideas on the top layout, came away with what you see. Orginally we were gonna do white down the middle, thought it was much with the white CM logos.

i know how you feel about too many ideas! been tryin to find the "right boat" for how long now? lol i say leave it alone and put it back on. it's short enough the way it is

i know how you feel about too many ideas! been tryin to find the "right boat" for how long now? lol i say leave it alone and put it back on. it's short enough the way it is

A long time!!!:poke: The big part is done, now the water sanding, buffing and the re rigging. Also picked up a boat trailer as well. Plenty to do before the summer gets here.:eyecrazy:

It really turned out great. I am being overly picky as I never had to buff the green boat. There is a minor amount of peel on the lower due to the compressor not keeping enough air volume to run the gun. Robbie got his arm twisted to buy one for the second spray. The top turned out great with one minimum dirt considering it was sprayed outside on sand floor carport :O I can say doing this damn near killed me physically. I will say its going to be a couple days of laying in bed to recover.

I like the idea of removing 1/3 of the height from the windshield but Robbie needs to see what it looks like stock.

I want to learn how to spray flake :D

What size/hp were you using that couldn't keep up to that little bit of paint?

South Dakota, April/May, gametime! :bigthumb:

A small Hitachi air compressor 2.5 hp, 5.2 SCFM @90 psi 4 gal tank. The base coat went on well, it was the clear coat that Brian was having trouble with. That air compressor works well with single stage paints.

Back