• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Enforcer Paint Resto

A small Hitachi air compressor 2.5 hp, 5.2 SCFM @90 psi 4 gal tank. The base coat went on well, it was the clear coat that Brian was having trouble with. That air compressor works well with single stage paints.

Dang, that's tiny.....

Robbie, looking good guy ,and to tell you the truth i always like working with Base Coat / Clear Coat just for the pure fact it can be very foregiving at times . :bigthumb:

Dang, that's tiny.....

That's what she said!!!!:poke: :rof: What's amazing is the guy across the street sprayed his truck with the same setup. However he was using single stage flat black. I ended up with a 30 gallon Kobalt air compressor from Lowes, that helped tremendously. Once the AC tank was filled it supplied the HVLP gun with plenty of air.:thumb:

That's what she said!!!!:poke: :rof: What's amazing is the guy across the street sprayed his truck with the same setup. However he was using single stage flat black. I ended up with a 30 gallon Kobalt air compressor from Lowes, that helped tremendously. Once the AC tank was filled it supplied the HVLP gun with plenty of air.:thumb:

So you've heard it before!

I was worried my 5hp 30 gal wouldn't keep up, but sounds like it will do just fine.

The guys at work asked how the paint job turn out over the weekend, with beaming pride I was showing off pictures this morning. :D A big Kudos to Brain, I can't thank him enough! :cheers:

The guys at work asked how the paint job turn out over the weekend, with beaming pride I was showing off pictures this morning. :D A big Kudos to Brain, I can't thank him enough! :cheers:

Brian should have had a go pro facing over his should. We could have all watched you carry around the air hose and rag to wipe the sweat from his brow:rof:Oh well, maybe next time:rof:

At least someone can take a joke:thumb:

Damn I'm short changing myself, forgot clean the guns, untangling the damn air hose, get more light, holding the work lights, sandpaper, more tape and oh another air compressor!!!!! :poke::bounce::D Hold my beer watch this!!!!!!

Damn I'm short changing myself, forgot clean the guns, untangling the damn air hose, get more light, holding the work lights, sandpaper, more tape and oh another air compressor!!!!! :poke::bounce::D Hold my beer watch this!!!!!!

Around here we call that the painters BEOTCH.:bigthumb:

Around here we call that the painters BEOTCH.:bigthumb:

That pretty much sums it up!!!!:cheers: Hell I was just as tired as Brian and I wasn't painting!!!:D I walked around the boat today, want be to much water sanding. :banana:Right now I'm working on the other trailer I got.

Back