• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

1976 Checkmate Factory 455 jetboat

Big Red

Is their anymore of thease left or am I the only one that has one. Does anybody no what this boat was called ? Or was it just called Checkmate jetboat. If I new how to post a pic I would. I have a pics on the map.

Thank you Big Red N.C.

96 Convincor
76 Jetboat

There are still a few around, JW is trying to talk me into buying one thats up around his place in Michigan.

Its called a Jetmate.

1976-18.jpg

I found this pix of an older restored JetMate on another board. It looks awsome and fun! (Nice deck candy also.)

Merry Xmas-

Attachments

• lake anna pics 2 093.jpg
    lake anna pics 2 093.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 150
Yep, a hull with pump by me that someone could take away for $100. No trailer, no serial number, just a fiberglass hull with a pump. Make a nice project for someone with a lot of time, a big block, and no need for a serialized hull.................

jet

I saw a checkmate (pretty sure) jet in the weeds last year. It did not have a bubble deck like the one above and it had a windshield. Any ideas? It was in Hermitage, MO (Lake Pomme de Terre).

jetmate

I just went to the old brochures section (very handy). Checkmate evidently made a bubble deck and a windshield/ flat deck version. Learn something new everyday.

Heres a better front pic, and one after I added the headers the boat has not been washed yet when I took the Pics. The paint is orginal. I hated to cut the hole for the breather but I changed the intake and the hatch would not close all the way. To lift the hatch the breather has to be removed and I did a little trimming to clear the headers.

Big Red N.C.

Attachments

• boat 009.jpg
    boat 009.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 119
  • boat 033.jpg
    boat 033.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 109
I found this pix of an older restored JetMate on another board. It looks awsome and fun! (Nice deck candy also.)

Merry Xmas-
That pic is from The Beast of the East Jet Boat Gathering at lake Anna in Northern VA.
The 2007 Lake Anna Gathering is June 8-9 & 10th. Go to Just jet boats, Scream and Fly or Hot Boat for information. Should be 100 to 150 boats this year. Hot boat did an artical on the Lake Anna 2006. Love to see you make it over Red!:lol:

Why is there always a hot babe posing with a jet boat? Those things are like chick magnets on my lake, it's not fair! :D seriously though, nice boats, very rare, maybe we should suggets a jetmate only thread for all things jet mate.

Own one

There are still a few around, JW is trying to talk me into buying one thats up around his place in Michigan.

Its called a Jetmate.

1976-18.jpg

Yes, It's called a Jetmate. Mine is a 1976 Checkmate Jetmate, with 455 Olds/Ratrod engine pushing close to 400 HP. It is identical to the one in the picture, except for the headers and seat color.

Where did this thread come from,,, Big Red 2006!!!! His jet has come and gone years ago. Don't forget to check the dates on the thread!!!!
Or at least post some pics of yours BH. New thread though.
:bigthumb: :cheers:

:rof:Big Red 2006
Didn't know shat about shat. Even had a nice polite signature.
Man has he evolved. I think he walks upright now a days.:bigthumb:

Where did this thread come from,,, Big Red 2006!!!! His jet has come and gone years ago. Don't forget to check the dates on the thread!!!!
Or at least post some pics of yours BH. New thread though.
:bigthumb: :cheers:

It's been so long that I've been on here I forgot how to post pics. Besides, like I said "It's identical to mine, same color scheme, only difference is seat color and mine has thru hull exhaust instead of headers.

Keith, don't be messing w- the Turkey-foot Mafia!
I talked to him a few weeks ago and he's been messing w- his drag car he built.

Back