• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Sam I am's 89 Starliner Restore (Discussion Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What an adventure...I'm going to post my last post in this thread when I get home. I'm so tired right noe I can barily type...what a trip!

One last thing I'll say tonight though: it sure is fun meeting people from the board and putting faces to names!! Great meeting you and your Family Robbie. You're good folks! We'll get the seafood on another trip.

The next time you're down this way, a round of golf and dinner is on me! Sam and his dad are good people, nice to meet the both you in person. I'll let Sam add his final thoughts on this thread then close it. I'm gonna go thru the parts inventory and supplies and start a new restoration thread.

The liner at it's new home on dock floats!

Attachments

• DSCN4100.jpg
    DSCN4100.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 67
  • DSCN4101.jpg
    DSCN4101.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 57
  • DSCN4102.jpg
    DSCN4102.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 56
The broke cradle:( We should've used 4x4's where the casters was mounted. As we were pulling/sliding the cradle underneath the 2x10 that held the casters broke.

Attachments

• DSCN4099.jpg
    DSCN4099.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 30
Congrats on the new boat. Looking forward to the new Thread. Are you repainting the entire boat? If so, what colors and paint scheme?

Congrats on the new boat. Looking forward to the new Thread. Are you repainting the entire boat? If so, what colors and paint scheme?

Right now looking at gelcoat options, but will probably end up painting. I want to at least re gelcoat the bottom if it needs it. The colors will be blue, silver, black and white.:thumb:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back