• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Sam I am's 89 Starliner Restore (Discussion Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where did you get the trailer? thought Sam sold the trailer for it?

That's the trailer from my "new" used Starliner. The liner is on the lift. The sold Pulsare is in the garage. Robbies has my Starliner's mooring cover on it and is in the drive way ready for the trip south. I'm dragging the trailer back empty

John I can pick a trailer here locally cheap. I found a dual axle aluminum trailer for $1200.00 not far from my house. Once the boat arrives I'll make a laundry list of supplies,plans to finish the liner. The biggest expense will be the interior so far, got a quote from Mike @CM for $2300 complete.

FWIW I have single axle under mine and have no problems. Most Flites and Liners I see do.

I can pick a single axle trailer locally for about $750.00. I'm not in a hurry for a trailer right now since I got plenty of work to do on the liner. I'll keep looking though, never know when someone needs cash quickly.

Well...it's all loaded up and strapped on the trailer. I've decided to tow down with my fathers 95 Diesel Suburban, rather than my Pick up. I hope to get 18 towing with the old truck vs 12 mpg (if I'm lucky) with my new one.

I knew when I bought this boat it would be an epic adventure, but I didn't think it would end with me taking an epic road trip. Oh well, I'm so glad it's going to Robbie. He'll do a much better job than I ever could have.

My last post will be road signs all the way to Charleston and a hand shake picture with Robbie...Hand-off!

Are you driving down for the sole purpose of dropping boat off? Long freakin drive.... and expensive !

Are you driving down for the sole purpose of dropping boat off? Long freakin drive.... and expensive !

Nah he wanted some southern food and hospitality!!!:D My wife and I are taking Sam to d'town Charleston for dinner Friday evening. Oh and it's warmer!! To bad he couldn't haul the flite down here as well.

Wow!!!! :eek:What an adventurous afternoon/evening!!! Sam got delayed by about an hour with one of the bearings getting hot on the trailer. He bought a grease gun, it broke had to take the gun back and get another. Then as we were getting the boat off the trailer, the cradle broke!:eyecrazy: Thankfully Trey (caddman) was home and brought over five floatation blocks( used for floating docks) 15 minutes later the boat is unloaded.:thumb: We use those blocks to sit the boat on. The good news nothing is broke, the Liner is at it's new home. I'll take pictures tomorrow of the cradle and the boat itself.

What an adventure...I'm going to post my last post in this thread when I get home. I'm so tired right noe I can barily type...what a trip!

One last thing I'll say tonight though: it sure is fun meeting people from the board and putting faces to names!! Great meeting you and your Family Robbie. You're good folks! We'll get the seafood on another trip.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back