• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Sam I am's 89 Starliner Restore (Discussion Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
No progress, but I decided to try and purchase more 2" board to make the knees and stringers. I thought it would be easy to get a couple more sheets, but not the case. I waited until last week when they ran a large order of 2" hoping they would have a couple rejects, but they did not. So...I'm going to just buy the 2 sheets at retail price and be done with it.

Also, the temps have been out of control in my garage. The outside temp most weekends has been in the high 80's and 90's. The last time I tried at those temps, the pot life was so short it was scary. Plus, there's plenty to do in the summer...I need the project in winter.

Sam's liner is headed to South Carolina!!!:thumb: Once the boat arrives I'll start another restoration thread and probably borrow the pictures from here to continue the rebuild. My plan is to finish the resto, with new interior from Checkmate, paint or gelcoat and at least a 250hp hanging off the back.:D Stay tuned!!!

Sam's liner is headed to South Carolina!!!:thumb: Once the boat arrives I'll start another restoration thread and probably borrow the pictures from here to continue the rebuild. My plan is to finish the resto, with new interior from Checkmate, paint or gelcoat and at least a 250hp hanging off the back.:D Stay tuned!!!

Gelcoat, gelcoat, gelcoat.

This his sounds good! Cant wait to see what you do with it. Congrats on your new boat.

WOW... Congrats Robbie and Sam:cheers: We have a lot of boats changing hands here recently- Two resto projects heading southeast... Perhaps on one truck?:popcorn:

What is the future of the Enforcer???

HD

One of four things: I'll sell it as a package deal or sell just the boat and trailer or part it out or just keep it. I haven't decided yet. As Sam and Badbk has mentioned a bow rider is more practical for a family and this will at least get me in the right direction. Plus I'm not in a big hurry to rebuild this as I've got a boat for the summer. Having said that I probably could finish the rebuild in about three months or less not counting waiting on new interior.:thumb: That's based on looking at the pictures and what Sam has told me over the phone.

Ahhh so we going to have matching boats now, atleast hulls?...ha ha...dang.. i guess ill have to do some magic on that 225 to keep up with the 250....hmmm no problem..

One of four things: I'll sell it as a package deal or sell just the boat and trailer or part it out or just keep it. I haven't decided yet. As Sam and Badbk has mentioned a bow rider is more practical for a family and this will at least get me in the right direction. Plus I'm not in a big hurry to rebuild this as I've got a boat for the summer. Having said that I probably could finish the rebuild in about three months or less not counting waiting on new interior.:thumb: That's based on looking at the pictures and what Sam has told me over the phone.

Glutten for punishment!:rof:

HD

Congrats Robbie! :)

-Chris

update

Thought I would give you guys an update. The Liner is off the cradle and on the trailer ready for the trip to SC. Sam will be here on 28th- 29th of this month. He had to finish chipping the bondo from underneath the transom lip so the cap would sit perfect on the hull. He sent me a couple of pictures yesterday.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• on trailer_2.jpg
    on trailer_2.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 142
  • on trailer_1.jpg
    on trailer_1.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 141
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back