• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

100 MPH PULSARE?

Hotdaddy, what kind of speeds are you seeing with that 300xs

My best to date is 84MPH.:o

That was loaded with gear (I always have junk with me), full fuel, and 3/4" below the pad. I had on a labbed 26 Trophy Plus and I was getting up in R's (6150+/-).

I have my spare 27 (not labbed) that I really need to run again. I have not run it since motor break in.

I have purchased another slider plate to get more height, looking for 1" to 1-1/2" above.

My major problem is that all of our lakes have speed limits and tons of cops (evidently cops that run you over, see other thread from a local guy). Due to this and all the junk in the water from the relentless rain events I have not gotten one high speed run in this year.

I really need to get a warm day off and go make some speed runs during the week. I think that upper 80's is definitely a possibility.

Thats a good speed for being loaded up godd luck to you, i did see that post the guy seemed particularly calm, i would have come uncorked and probably been put in jail for assault on a officer.

check ya later
Ben

fast pulsare

I will be trying to crack 95mph with my checkmate soon. I will probably add a little width to the pad and have the trailing edge of transom built up with a sharp 90*, little blueprinting of the hull at the rear of boat. I'm sure that a 3blade will be the prop to do it as well, will be trying a 27 DAH srx after i get a fatshaft hub put in. I don't think that speed will happen in this FL heat/humidity this summer, but in the fall. I think i can lighten the boat by over 100lbs as well from it's prior speed, plus sea level. Surely not as easy as my Vking with a 280.

I will be trying to crack 95mph with my checkmate soon. I will probably add a little width to the pad and have the trailing edge of transom built up with a sharp 90*, little blueprinting of the hull at the rear of boat. I'm sure that a 3blade will be the prop to do it as well, will be trying a 27 DAH srx after i get a fatshaft hub put in. I don't think that speed will happen in this FL heat/humidity this summer, but in the fall. I think i can lighten the boat by over 100lbs as well from it's prior speed, plus sea level. Surely not as easy as my Vking with a 280.

Sounds like you have some good plans!!!

Are you running a 300X?

Good luck and keep us posted on the progress of your mods (take pics!).

HD

Where in FL?

100 MPH would be cool as hell, but if it comes while you've stripped the boat down, no gas, etc.... meh. I've only gotten 85.x thus far in mine - 1/2 tank gas/one person/bow cover, but loaded down - full tank of gas, cooler full of beer and 3 people in it the Yamadog does 8x.x!! For me, having a 80 MPH sport/pleasure boat under almost any condition is just as impressive as a 100 mph stripped down boat... just my .02 tho :popcorn:

I'm still on the quest for 90+ :o, but won't be taking any weight out to do it. Next october my Yamadog will be sent to Hydrotech boys for the 360HP makeover, maybe that'll do it. :eyecrazy:

BADBK,

Hydrotech sure has the market cornered on the Yamaha builds. They're squeezing more HP out of the Yamaha's every day. I wouldn't doubt that they have a 375-400 HP (reliable) by next year. I think that would punch your ticket for the 100mph club and if you ever decide to stick with a prop !!! You go through props like hotdaddy goes through Girl Scouts ! :cheers:

Speaking of props, I tried a 27P Trophy Plus yesterday w/pvs holes and the yamadog just don't like the small hub props... kept 2 plugs in and still got a ton of ventilation trying to get on plane. It was painful to say the least... Even after I was on plane the prop good for only mid 70's. Got a 27P T1 on the way to get it worked over, I love throwing $$ away!

Speaking of props, I tried a 27P Trophy Plus yesterday w/pvs holes and the yamadog just don't like the small hub props... kept 2 plugs in and still got a ton of ventilation trying to get on plane. It was painful to say the least... Even after I was on plane the prop good for only mid 70's. Got a 27P T1 on the way to get it worked over, I love throwing $$ away!

Sounds like you need to get rid of that blue motor for a black motor!!;) Once you go black you never go back!!:bigthumb: The Mercs love the Trophy Plus's!!!

BADBK,
Do you have the prop ring on the trophy it goes at the front of the prop and seals the exhaust of from going over your hub makes a big difference on whole shot Reynolds racing sells them for like 6 bucks or you can get it direct from mercury.

Check ya later
Ben

Nope, no blowout ring, besides it will only help on holeshot. Top end would still be mid/high 70's... Gonna stick to the props I have now and on the way. Only time I'll try another merc prop is if someone lets me try before I buy.

Tahts crazy that you can only get 70 out of that prop i have a buddy that has a 2100 br with a 300xs on it and is turning a 24 trophy to speeds of 75 and that is at 4300 feet above sea level (the speed is what he told me he ran) good luck on hte prop search

lets here a little more about your setup and good luck with the 95MPH mark

I got 76.2 with the 27TP... might have had a little left in it, but not much. Felt it had poor mid-range accel too, I'll stick to my 3 blade yamiprops for now.

I also felt like the trophy lacked in hte mid range department, but my mazco sure accelerates hard from 30 to over 75 mph

pulsare

I'm not planning on stripping out the boat, but just common sense ways to rid some weight, like the bow cushions which i'll never use, no tool box, large anchor, and the gel cell batts are heavy...I sat at walmart with one of their scales weighing batteries before. It all adds up, plus i'm only 170lbs myself. It's going to take a 3blade prop to get the speed up i'm sure. Of course i'm not going to try a top speed run with a full tank of gas as well. 300x, 18"setback. I'll probably do a couple simon mods, nothing major. I'd like to get 95, which i think is obtainable.

pulsare

Where in FL?

100 MPH would be cool as hell, but if it comes while you've stripped the boat down, no gas, etc.... meh. I've only gotten 85.x thus far in mine - 1/2 tank gas/one person/bow cover, but loaded down - full tank of gas, cooler full of beer and 3 people in it the Yamadog does 8x.x!! For me, having a 80 MPH sport/pleasure boat under almost any condition is just as impressive as a 100 mph stripped down boat... just my .02 tho :popcorn:

I'm still on the quest for 90+ :o, but won't be taking any weight out to do it. Next october my Yamadog will be sent to Hydrotech boys for the 360HP makeover, maybe that'll do it. :eyecrazy:
If your trophy plus you tried was stock out of the box, no wonder it ran like it did. Having some work done to it by someone that KNOWS what they are doing is the key.....Basically if you get up on plane and nail the throttle and the prop doesn't hook up, it will never work on your boat period. That is from a couple prop guys that have been doing them for years. If you can nail it and the boat accelerates hard, the prop is working well. The trophy plus without the blowout ring can cause excessive ventilation, remember some of the 300x guys have offshore exhaust which dumps a majority of the exhaust above the cavitation plate and they don't have to worry with the ventilation as much. Try every prop you can obviously, and when you start jacking up the motor, you will have to have some work done to the prop to keep it grabbing, especially the smaller diam trophy plus.

I got 76.2 with the 27TP... might have had a little left in it, but not much. Felt it had poor mid-range accel too, I'll stick to my 3 blade yamiprops for now.

Josh, You should contact DAH props out of WI and ask what they would reccommend for your motor. I ran a DAH Chopper 28 on my Talon and on the Pulsare. It was a great prop for the Talon (it had a Mercury Racing 2.5) but too much prop for the 225 on my Pulsare although it was great through the midrange and topend!!

Back