• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

78 Trimate-III Resto....

Here's more pictures of Caddmans floor/stringers resto.

Attachments

• photo_13.jpg
    photo_13.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 25
  • photo_12.jpg
    photo_12.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 26
  • photo_14.jpg
    photo_14.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 22
pictures

Attachments

• photo_15.jpg
    photo_15.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 20
  • photo_16.jpg
    photo_16.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 17
  • photo_17.jpg
    photo_17.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 18
So as you notice in the first set... not much holding stringer down.... thats whats left of taking the stringer out with no cutting, yes just grab and pulled... all came out except the first 18" or so in the front.... no glass on it exempt up there...finished cutting it out today, finally deconstruction finished... now to start fitting pieces and glassing them for reentry...
the floor was way worse than i expected as far as how soft it was... stringer well lets say i couldn't have imagined that bad, no glass on it or anything else below deck for that matter.. my floor must been made on a saturday or holiday... jeez...hull transom on the other hand was amazingly in great shape.. no soft spots anywhere...i was worried about some of the discoloration while i was puling the floor out but once i cleaned it all dark spots when away just "mulch" from floor and stringers stained it some....ive decided not to do double floor in front like it was originally, and back on going single stringer like original, its just easier....

not a unusual find cadmann...every one ive pulled apart was the same way on the 17 ft and under.what do the engine mount holes look like? i ran three stringers boat has a stiff backbone now

They look good... I inspected them when i painted the boat.. and re checked them yesterday since I'm already half there if transom needed to be redone, now is the time... but wood still has tan color and no water or signs of water, so resealed and put back together... trimate III by the way.. 19'... so i got lucky on transom,knees, battery box and core...i thought the batt box and that knee was going to be rotten, but got int there drilled a couple test holes, everything looked good, cleaned around holes and epoxied back closed...only reason i thought it would be bad is because so many batt boxes have been....

Just an update... i have the floors back in... rock solid now!! trying to find my flash card reader to get the pictures of the process up! Ill give the play by play as i post the pictures... basically its not going anywhere for a long time!! Ha Ha!, no exposed wood, only a few screws when i laminated the stringer together, they are under two layers of glass and four coats of resin total dont think they are going to be an issue... everything else is glassed and/or PBL glued...

IMG_1787_zps14a2bec8.jpg
IMG_1774_zpsda415c09.jpg
IMG_1820_zps72031120.jpg
IMG_1822_zpsa3282b03.jpg

some updated pics of the floor going back in...I totally slacked on pics:brickwall: I have more I just have to find what i did with them....

Man, your doing a great job. I can't believe some of the work you guys do on these boats. Wish I have the nerve to try something like that. Oh, that's right . I don't have the garage to work on stuff like that. There's a car sitting in it. and it's a small garage at that.

IMG_3470_zpse044685e.jpg
IMG_3468_zpsb9de21a0.jpg

Basic seat frames built...Yes I used treated, basic reason for doing that over fiberglass covered ply was, pretty basic and simple... the glass will crack a be full of holes when I start stapling the vinyl to it... not to mention the untreated ply that was left in my boat was not to bad a shape for 30 or so years old... Im sure the treated will hold up for a few years... not to mention the cost, treated is cheaper than you standard outdoor ply, then you still need to glass it...

IMG_3454_zps5a57e3a3.jpg
IMG_3506_zpsb921791c.jpg

after frames built put the carpet down... i seemed to have misplaced the other photos i had of the carpet down... maybe Rob B will add those in as i sent some to him while was in progress....:brickwall:

oops posted outta order... i did some remaining fiberglass work before the carpet....I built the "tach" pod and filled in the existing holes for the gauges, and wired them up!:bounce:

IMG_3450_zpsb5de6f57.jpg
IMG_3496_zpsbb56c617.jpgIMG_3493_zps8a00bc44.jpg

IMG_3497_zps8d3f64cb.jpg

Mounted the Fuel Tank...
IMG_3507_zps1c48060b.jpg

Pulled it outside fired it up after for sitting two years... little smoky because i always add a little extra oil after a motor has been sitting for a bit...

IMG_3619_zps2f1c8757.jpg

Back