• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Ceasar creek shootout

looks like that little 21 SB was alot of fun down there! i feel sorry for the 24 that sits in the garage all the time though:poke::shakehead::p

WOW! What a nice turnout yesterday! We had about 30 boats show up over the course of the day and what a nice variety. Picture perfect weather and rooster tails everywhere. Thanks to everyone for coming out! Special thanks to ImaPoser for sharing the sweet 30' Bennington and taking my friends/family out on the lake. Thanks also to booboo for getting the vids.

I'll have my pics and the group shot from the bridge up in a little while and also putting vids on youtube.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iukmFQPjcsg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDdq2T4QTLo
I have to say the highlight for me may have been watching the Superboat run. I think he'd get bored driving my boat:)

This was so much fun we'll definitely do it again in the spring, maybe late April/early May.

FYI, I'd also like to invite everyone to Norris Lake next year for a get together and run to lunch. We will start out from Twin Cove Marina and run 25-30 miles up the lake for lunch. If you've never been on Norris you don't know what you're missing. Many don't realize it but Norris is hardly any farther from Cinci than Cumberland and Twin Cove Marina is only 15 min off of I-75. I'm thinking we'll organize this for mid June. Weigh in if you're interested.

Last edited:
looks like that little 21 SB was alot of fun down there! i feel sorry for the 24 that sits in the garage all the time though:poke::shakehead::p
HA.. usually its the 21 thats sittin in the garage.

The 24 is all tucked in for winter- winterized it after the LC poker run.

I'm gonna run the 21 again one more time to try out that 29Mirage, then I'll winterize it.

KN, we'd be up for it.

That second video was a wild ride... hit some small wake and had to back out really hard cuz things were gettin ugly in a hurry:D

Last edited:
a good way to finish the summer up just got done tucking the mate in for the winter
i agree with kn the superboat was a blast to watch and very impressive boat
there were three impressive vhulls there

WOW! What a nice turnout yesterday! We had about 30 boats show up over the course of the day and what a nice variety. Picture perfect weather and rooster tails everywhere. Thanks to everyone for coming out! Special thanks to ImaPoser for sharing the sweet 30' Bennington and taking my friends/family out on the lake. Thanks also to booboo for getting the vids.

I'll have my pics and the group shot from the bridge up in a little while and also putting vids on youtube.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iukmFQPjcsg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDdq2T4QTLo
I have to say the highlight for me may have been watching the Superboat run. I think he'd get bored driving my boat:)

This was so much fun we'll definitely do it again in the spring, maybe late April/early May.

FYI, I'd also like to invite everyone to Norris Lake next year for a get together and run to lunch. We will start out from Twin Cove Marina and run 25-30 miles up the lake for lunch. If you've never been on Norris you don't know what you're missing. Many don't realize it but Norris is hardly any farther from Cinci than Cumberland and Twin Cove Marina is only 15 min off of I-75. I'm thinking we'll organize this for mid June. Weigh in if you're interested.
Thanks kn,we had a great time.If you want to do something on Cumberland we have a big following.:thumb:

Daum!!!!

I'm just glad it wasn't me goin so slow that made you look so fast.:p

seeing the bottom of your boat did make him look faster
but the superboat was impressive and the donzi at 90 and kn were the three boats that impressed me

Ahhh Mark, that's just because you didn't get to see old green running!!! If you did, you would have added in into that group.......... oh wait, I thought you said unimpressed!!!!

Yea those 3 are some fun boats to watch run!!

After he got that Superboat off the trailer it did look pretty good,but it did have Checkmate prop on it!:poke:

I got no clue what you guys are talkin about... the first one was pretty uneventful- I remember that for a fact... I have no recollection of that second one.. and I think that vid was doctered:D

Back