• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

CHECKMATE OWNERS RALLY 2011

This sounds like an ideal, will have to grab some of our southern boys to make the trip

Is this closer to Puducah or Nashville, have family in both towns

just look at the map - was confused, thinking this was the land between the lakes - just needed to look a little further east, thanks

Brian,
Hello, Being a KY native living in Somerset and also being very familliar with LC my opinion for next years rally is that Grider Hill should be considered for where the base of the meet should be held. Reason being is they have excellent camping or lodging options, plenty of slips and the marina is in Indian Creek which is only a 20min boat ride to jamestown and only 10min to the main lake and dam. Also indian creek has several large coves and one of them is always set up with ski bouys for those who like to ski and there is much more room to run at that end of the lake with much less debris in the water as well. Just an idea. Let me know what you think.
Last year some people were interested in staying at different locations,and some did.I didn't see any problems with them staying wherever they wanted because we all still met up on the lake.I think that 2011 can go one step further and make the whole lake the rally,just have a meeting place to get together.This will make some people have a shorter drive,stay where they want,and enjoy the lake even more! jmo:thumb:

Barry, I like that cove down by the dam... that would be awesome to fill it up with Checkmates... and of course one Superboat:D

Guess the bad thing is its all the way at the west end, but its not a bad ride- even from Burnside.. just a thought.

fwiw, I think that the best marina is State Dock.. its always a good time there.

I could never understand why people buy boats with cabins and always need somewhere else to sleep other than their boat. They are missing out on the other half of boating. 98% of the time when I go to the lake I return the next day after sleeping on the boat.

Another reason to consider having the rally at Grider Hill. That cove is only a 10 min ride from the dock. And from burnside that cove is a 50 min ride minium. Thats if you dont have to slow down for logs.

Barry, I like that cove down by the dam... that would be awesome to fill it up with Checkmates... and of course one Superboat:D

Guess the bad thing is its all the way at the west end, but its not a bad ride- even from Burnside.. just a thought.

fwiw, I think that the best marina is State Dock.. its always a good time there.

I LMAO at least once or twice everytime I go on this site, can't imagine meeting "you people" in person! This gives me a couple days to get the new motor in my boat tho!

I could never understand why people buy boats with cabins and always need somewhere else to sleep other than their boat. They are missing out on the other half of boating. 98% of the time when I go to the lake I return the next day after sleeping on the boat.

Agreed! There is nothing like waking up in the middle of the night out on the lake and taking a piss in the fog while the coyotes are howling. And when you wake up in the morning, you are already boating. No pussyfooting around at a campsite or dock.

I keep a cruiser at a dock and don't even know my dock neighbors because when we get there, we leave for the coves. Docks are for sissies! Lately, I have been having my son drive my Convincor out while I drive the Doral.

I LMAO at least once or twice everytime I go on this site, can't imagine meeting "you people" in person!

Its always a good time when we can all get together. There was never a akward moment when we all first met. We all love our mates and never were at a loss of words. I have been all over the US meeting people and I must say our group is the friendliest of any I have ever met. Plus once you get to know us in person, you will get a lot more of the jokes and laugh even harder at our hidden messages and jokes we all post up. I have to warn you tho, you might need a screen protector or not drink while looking

Sure you and the SB is welcome, we need some joke material. For those that don't know Nick, just watch and listen long enough and his words will come out faster than his mind can process them. "Insert foot in mouth" :lol: I must say tho it does happen to the best of us:eek:

Another reason to consider having the rally at Grider Hill. That cove is only a 10 min ride from the dock. And from burnside that cove is a 50 min ride minium. Thats if you dont have to slow down for logs.

Call me crazy, but the long ride from Burnside is one of the highlights for me. I bought my boat to use, not drive 10 minutes then park in a cove. But hey thats just me. Just tell me when and where to be, and I'm there....all the way from Burnside!!

Sure you and the SB is welcome, we need some joke material. For those that don't know Nick, just watch and listen long enough and his words will come out faster than his mind can process them. "Insert foot in mouth" :lol: I must say tho it does happen to the best of us:eek:
I don't bother with thinking about what I'm saying.. aint got time for that silly shi*:D

Last edited:
Finding a place to stay won't be a problem.As long as we all get together we will have fun no matter where we are! Last years rally was a blast,even with the troubles we all had fun.Most everyone even came back for a second round in Aug.I can't wait until spring and get back on the water but this winter might be fun too!:cheers:

All I am saying is the west end of LC has lots more room to run, fantastic coves to drag race & ski in (it's where all the big boys go!!). Camping at Grider is $20 a night and slips are $18 nightly. Plus, lots of Bajas to taunt and make feel sorry they didnt buy a C'Mate.

Call me crazy, but the long ride from Burnside is one of the highlights for me. I bought my boat to use, not drive 10 minutes then park in a cove. But hey thats just me. Just tell me when and where to be, and I'm there....all the way from Burnside!!

Back