• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

CHECKMATE OWNERS RALLY 2014

I will chime in. Grider hill sucks, that end of the lake is cool. That is all. Oh, Aaron let us stay in their room and he had to move the bed because of the leaking ceiling. I will say that the bands are fun and if we are moving to jamestown we need to get dates much sooner as they sell out most weekends, I would also be interested in their transient overnight slip situation as far as cost and if they have enough extra spares that are covered. All things need to be considered but this conversation will make things much easier for the planners. Also, don't just bitch, look at the pros and cons of every place taking everything into consideration. I'm there most every weekend but the rest of you I can't wait to see y'all next year.

I think it will be tough to get covered transient slips at State due to them only guaranteeing me an uncovered slip with the reservation we had there this year. We ended up switching to Grider the week before the rally but I know State is definitely short on covered slips. I really enjoy the rally the way it is but many people get screwed around by Grider every year. Last year a couple slept in their bowrider even though they had a room at the lodge because they had no A/c working in the room. It may sound strange but the laid back atmosphere is what attracts me to Grider. Unlike the concrete jungle I work in every day. It feels like a real vaca down there. You should of seen Corey the Grizzly bear defending his friends slips while they were out, how could you not have a guys back like that. It was about to go down.This is some of the stuff swirlin around down there. A great time always!!

Grider hill is old school that is part of its charm, that is also the reason for all the bad reviews both here and especially online like on trip advisor, that being said I'm open to a move but just like I said in my previous post, I don't know if any other marina could give us what we need as far as covered slips, rooms, and price. In fact I highly doubt they could. Of course there is a reason they have so many open spots and that's dissatisfaction. I know the marina I live on alligator 2 is big and there are no transient covered slips.. None. Again, I am open to move but like I said bitching about negatives will not get us covered slips anywhere else or cheaper rooms or bands, let me and Corey take care of the dock fodder, I embarrass my wife sometimes because I have the right to remain silent I just don't have the ability when it comes to dummy's. :banana:

I'm sure everyone remembers baja boy and the hard time he was giving Doug last year. I was not amused :pissed:

I think it will be tough to get covered transient slips at State due to them only guaranteeing me an uncovered slip with the reservation we had there this year. We ended up switching to Grider the week before the rally but I know State is definitely short on covered slips. I really enjoy the rally the way it is but many people get screwed around by Grider every year. Last year a couple slept in their bowrider even though they had a room at the lodge because they had no A/c working in the room. It may sound strange but the laid back atmosphere is what attracts me to Grider. Unlike the concrete jungle I work in every day. It feels like a real vaca down there. You should of seen Corey the Grizzly bear defending his friends slips while they were out, how could you not have a guys back like that. It was about to go down.This is some of the stuff swirlin around down there. A great time always!!

I'm sure everyone remembers baja boy and the hard time he was giving Doug last year. I was not amused :pissed:

That was a interesting situation for sure. :eyecrazy:

As far as people trying to pirate slips I'm sure that happens at every marina.

I some with Jeff yesterday and we discussed the marina issues and other possibilities or lack there of at length.

I'm going to contact State, Jamestown, and Conley to see what amenities they have and if they can accommodate our group.
I have a feeling we may be at Grider again even with the issues there I think they may be the only ones able to accommodate us.

I'm going to start a new thread for LC info, input and suggestions.

New links; and did it public; hope this works

Can somebody put this in the right post again? And delete this one?

Thanks

Rally
http://youtu.be/Z9YiYGDxlb4

Punisher

http://youtu.be/gwST2CcK5Pg

New 2400 on the road..

http://youtu.be/TZDTUixNaK0

Testing new 2014 2400

http://youtu.be/Yj6IxB6LI_Y

In a day or so i will throw the punisher movie in overhere. Its burning at my harddisk at this time. After i have a go from Bill, i post it overhere...

Al i can say, 4'21min and on request no music....

Last edited:
Back