• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

CHECKMATE OWNERS RALLY 2015

If you are talking about the fastest Checkmate I would say Slingblade with his 260 . The Punisher did mot make the trip and with all the massive amounts of debris , it was tough to run hard long. Not sure if the 100 mph Redcheckmate madecthe trip.

I didn't catch up with redcheckmate on the water but I did talk to him at the ramp. When we left Monday I saw his truck with a empty trailer hitched to it in the parking lot.

a lot of bad mamba jambas here, but who took the cake? who was the fastest boat at the rally?!

No doubt in my mind that REDCHECKMATE would have taken that award, he has been in the triple digits for quite some time but the bad debris kept him away and also kept anybody from doing any hard running.

And even though its not a Checkmate, don't forget about Nick's Superboat. As fruity as he is, its still a fast sumbitch!!!

Yes Nicks Superboat and Rob Centers Nordic run like scalded dog hehe !

The Nordic does 89mph, but i drove my Checkmate 2 of the 3 days its a fireball with that Slingblade power in it! We had a blast! I run out of prop & hull before i run outta power. In perfect conditions with my helmet and life jacket on I will do a speed run in the 242 later this year.

Most dissapointed I didnt get to say hey to Fletch, see ya all next year.

I would have to say Rob's Nordic is the best looking one that I've ever seen. Really nice boat. I wish there wasn't so much debris. Would've liked to stretch the legs out on mine. I will say the new hydraulic steering did help me carve through the debris like a 20 footer! Can't wait till next year!

The Nordic does 89mph, but i drove my Checkmate 2 of the 3 days its a fireball with that Slingblade power in it! We had a blast! I run out of prop & hull before i run outta power. In perfect conditions with my helmet and life jacket on I will do a speed run in the 242 later this year.

Most dissapointed I didnt get to say hey to Fletch, see ya all next year.

Yes I never caught a ride back to the Checkmate boat to see you guys . It was a great get together and met many new friends but missed you and Slingblade. Be safe out there and we will catch up soon. Lc rocks !!!

Last edited:
Sorry for the delay, but I have uploaded and narrated a few of the good photos we took. I have a few more, from the lunch, a few of some of the boats around Grider and a couple waterski videos, but those will have to be done another day. Take a look:

http://imgur.com/a/M6naJ

a lot of bad mamba jambas here, but who took the cake? who was the fastest boat at the rally?!
I bet not too many people were going all that fast out there that weekend. Lots of debris.

Great pictures and narration Matt. We all knew with your GoPro there had to be some good shots.

Back