• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

CHECKMATE OWNERS RALLY 2015

Here is a pic that proves one thing that Keith and I already knew.... All the pretty girls at the lake want to ride in the pink Checkmate.....

image.jpg

Hello everyone,

Thanks for organizing this and thanks for all the various episodes of excellent hospitality throughout the weekend! We had wonderful meals at the both houseboats at Grider and also the Checkmate houseboat at 76 falls. Overall we had a great time down there!

I was not aware of anyone having many issues with Grider and the slip thieves that was reported in the past. As far as the trip back, we made it safe late last night after a tour of the checkmate factory. We put a lot of time on the boat and got to see some very unique situations. We have ~400 videos and pictures that I'm going to sift through to find the ones that turned out and post them somewhere and link it here. I still need to get some off of the phone, but I do not have much time as I have to go to work and I have not looked through everything we have. However, as a snapshot, I think these sum up some important parts of the rally:

The debris and the pontoon boat ignoring it:
cGac2jr.jpg

The rafting (large image, click through and you can zoom in, it would make this page too wide):
http://imgur.com/ENMkHYx

The houseboat:
1R9g5uD.jpg

The only point of improvement I would suggest (so this is only in my opinion, please do not take this as a point of disrespect), I think that it may have been better to have all of the houseboats more central as well as having a more defined schedule for us out of towners, something like:

• for those like us who had a rough time with the heat, here is where the houseboats will be, you're welcome to hang out in the air conditioned comfort
    1. houseboat at this location, you're welcome to stop by, we'll be there all day, we've got lots of food!
    2. houseboat at that location, we'll be there at night, but not during the day, you're welcome to join us at night - bring food and beer we'll have a pot luck
    3. houseboat at other location, no defined schedule, if we're there, you're welcome!
  • for those who want to run, here are a group or the groups of them and their times, destinations, etc.
  • for those who want to raft up, here are some locations and some people that are going to them

You Toronto guys are hard core water skiing at 6 am. , 30+ hrs traveling, almost 300 miles put on the boat , tour of the factory and so much more . It was great meeting you and your dad. You guys just rock ! See you in July next year.

Rally pics 2015

Raft up at horseshoe falls. Where are the falls?

20150717_133737_zpso8zqzzbg.jpg

Ahh. The 79 falls

20150719_161252_zpsv6ubdm0a.jpg

New 400 ready for the 13 hour trek

20150711_123939_zpsgnz0uvxo.jpg

This is what happens when you hit something... Ouch that's going to cost a lot. Thanks to George I was back up the next day with his 24p 3 blade I borrowed that worked great . Much thanks George!!!!

20150721_193353_zpslts5jq6e.jpg

Back