• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

CHECKMATE OWNERS RALLY 2015

This thread was staying nice a quiet the way it should. Chris, JW or RobB if your reading this would you clean up the last page or so. We don't need attention for the wrong reasons.

Reactions: jjg
We will also be heading down Thursday morning. Anyone that will be coming down then we could poss meet at the first rest stop on 75S in KY. It should be at mile marker 177. After losing a tire on my Norris trip it'd be nice to travel in a group. Send me a message here or on FB if you're interested in that Jim.

Merc245, get with Problem Child. He will be heading 75 south I'm sure. I will be heading south on 75 Thursday but not towing the boat since I leave it at Cumberland.

I'll meet up with anyone who wants to drive down together. I'm planning on leaving Columbus around 4:30 in the morning so I miss the rush hour here and in Cincy. The first rest stop would be a good spot. Never launched @ Grinder Hill. We've always launched out of Conley Bottom. They have great security and you don't have to unhook your trailer from your truck. It's also only $5 from Thursday to Sunday. It's a little bit of a trek down the lake to Grinder but it's a nice trek. What's everyone's thoughts on that?

You'll probably be passing through about the time we're waking up. I'll be launching at Grider, would like to have my truck nearby incase I need it. With how early you will be there on a Thursday you probably won't need to unhook your trailer from the truck.

Good to see that everyone incl new faces are going to have a blast out there!! I did each year and i can tell that the 20 hr travel time incl flight trip one way was each time worth it.
The thunderrun wasnt good on weather overthere so each drop of rain is one less on this event.

Get some pictures!! And movies.. Somehow i forget that always.

We are heading down at 6am Wens. morning this year. We always take 23 to 75 to avoid all the Detoit traffic/construction. However there is construction at least the 1st 60+ miles of northern Ohio. I drive like an old lady and should be to Grider around 6 pm that evening. Hopefully 76 falls by 8 for a swim. :banana:

I will have to take you up on that offer. We have not ventured much past State Dock from Grider but need to see the north end along with a look at your dads cool boat . Thanks Corey !!

Kalugs22 and I, and everyone else that is coming with us will be heading down to Grider on Wednesday as well, likely departing the eastern shores of Ohio around 6:00 AM.

So see you there Wednesday evening.

We are heading down at 6am Wens. morning this year. We always take 23 to 75 to avoid all the Detoit traffic/construction. However there is construction at least the 1st 60+ miles of northern Ohio. I drive like an old lady and should be to Grider around 6 pm that evening. Hopefully 76 falls by 8 for a swim. :banana:

See you when you get there!

Back