• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

CT RIVER CHECKMATE "EVENT"

ckmate225

This was started in another thread,
Let get a Checkmate meet together on the CT river,:thumb::thumb: .
Any suggestions on the best dates? I've only been on the river for the SnF run ,so if anybody has good idea of the best time to go throw it out.

CT River run

This is a great forum where we can keep in touch and plan a get together,bringing our Checkmates for all too see,along with getting together with other smart boat owners!!!

any time after the northern snow melt ends would be fine
have to give the debris time to vanish

Ok, once I get the boat out and ready to go I will through a date out, whoever can make it will go. We can keep it loose and not try to overplan, its usually more fun thay way. I like the idea of a designated meeting spot. (north side of guildersleeve island looks like a great spot)
Keep an eye on this tread, more info to come in the next few weeks!!!!

I should be making my first trip out this weekend or next. As long as I don't have a prior engagement I should be able to make it.

John

I'm game for it, but being self employed has it's challenges. I can't stick my neck out to suggest a date but if there's something cooking I will try my best to make it.

I'll let you guys know whenever I am going out, and if you guys do the same I'm sure it will all work out. It would be cool to run with someone who knows the best spots to anchor and partake in a beverage or two. I dont know any place but the north side or guildersleeve is. But looking on the map it look like there a few nice coves and smaller off shoots to check out.

I'll post on here when I plan on cruising the river
I haven't been on the ct yet but I'm looking forward to cruising the whole length this year.

Hi Checkmater's.. I was wondering on the Date and how far from Albany, NY. is the run.. Just got my mate last June and is looking for some events not to far from Alb. Where to stay, etc..I usually hang out on Saratoga Lake... Going to make some days on the Hudson River this year.. Let me know.. Thanks Don:banana:

I'll let you guys know whenever I am going out, and if you guys do the same I'm sure it will all work out. It would be cool to run with someone who knows the best spots to anchor and partake in a beverage or two. I dont know any place but the north side or guildersleeve is. But looking on the map it look like there a few nice coves and smaller off shoots to check out.

I will be sure to let you guys know when I'm heading out too. North of Gildersleeve is a hot spot, lots of boats rafting up there. There are some nice spots north of Rocky Hill too, if you like to hang out and ski, or just beach it. Check out bouy #125 on your map. I think I mentioned the beach across from Cobalt Marine before too, that's ususally where I end up.

Hi Checkmater's.. I was wondering on the Date and how far from Albany, NY. is the run.. Just got my mate last June and is looking for some events not to far from Alb. Where to stay, etc..I usually hang out on Saratoga Lake... Going to make some days on the Hudson River this year.. Let me know.. Thanks Don:banana:
Your probably 2 hours from Hartford / 2 and a half hours from Portland /
and 3 hours from Haddam Meadows (three of the launch's I know of)
Depending on how much you enjoy the sauce you could possibly make it a day trip

CT River run

The River has been that high with flooding that they pulled out the docks at the launch at Haddam Meadows,but I just fired up the Convincor and am ready whenever the weather breaks!!! If anybody is planning on going out for a cruise let me know,I'd be glad too hook up!!!

They're gonna be racing hydros down here on the lake in a couple of weeks. I'm planning on hitting that up if you're interested. I think i made a post about it but if not I will.

John

Definitly post the dates and location.
They had them running Somewhere near Hartford Ct also. But I am not sure if thats still happening. Do you have the schedule? or the wedsite link?

Sunday

Well,fellow Checkmate owners from the Connecticut area,it looks as if this SundayMay 22nd will be my 1st cruise on the Connecticut River with the expected 80 degree temperatures!!!! If anyone else is going out please post it on here and maybe we can hook up!!!

Enjoy your trip to the river Franz. I'll be getting mine prepped for this season tomorrow while you're out having fun. Maybe someday I'll get my act together on time.:brickwall:

River too high!!!

Hey all you fellow Connecticut Checkmate owners!!!! I couldn't go out on May 22nd because the River was too high with all the trees coming down from the high waters and launchig a pain but with this nice Memorial Day weekend I plan on going out all 3 days,so if anybody else is let me know so we can hook up!!!

Just came back from the East Hartford boat launch... No dice today! The river is way up, no docks in place yet and tons of trash floating by. The rangers told me that the river was up three feet from Saturday and expected to go even higher. Vermont got three inches of rain and it's on it's way down to CT. I spent all day yesterday buffing and only got one side done, guess I'll get the buffer back out. If I ever get out there this year at least the boat will be looking good.

Some floating obstacles

I went out on the River Saturday and yesterday but only went up as far as Rocky Hill,then turned around because of lots of floating wood,but it wasn't bad south of Rocky Hill!!! I cruised all day burning out all that stale gas from last year!!! Haddam to Rocky Hill,to Hamburg Cove,to Middletown,then back to Haddam!!! Once these showers pass bye,I am towing to Haddam for round 3,after filling with 93 Octane juice,making my Checkmate happy lol!!!

Back