• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

CT RIVER CHECKMATE "EVENT"

Connecticut River

Well I went out Saturday,for the shakedown cruise,fixed all the little odds and ends,then boating till about 4:30!!!Yes there was some floating junk as there always is after rain but didn't hit anything!!! After visiting my Mother Sunday morning.I again took Big Stroke too the River for a afternoon of fun,putting it on the trailer at 6pm,but enjoying a warm day out there!!!!

Pre-Memorial Day

Hey fellow Maters,it looks like another fantastic weekend coming up,with the hope some of you will come out and play in the 80 degree temperatures,but make sure you bring along the sun screen!!!I will be launching at Haddam Meadows around lunch time,so if anybody is coming out let me know!!!

Hey fellow Maters,it looks like another fantastic weekend coming up,with the hope some of you will come out and play in the 80 degree temperatures,but make sure you bring along the sun screen!!!I will be launching at Haddam Meadows around lunch time,so if anybody is coming out let me know!!!

I'll be out this w/e, I will keep an eye out for you.

HD

I could hardly sleep last night in anticipation of today's boating weather.

Like a kid at Christmas:D.

Who is in?

HD

Not me unforunately. Still trying to get my sh@t together. I'm a clean and buff away from ready, boatwise. Trailer needs brakes bled and I should be all set for next weekend, if life stops getting in the way!

Franz, I saw you running hard past Dart Island yesterday. The boat angle was perfect and she sounded/looked great!:surf: You probably didn't recognize me, I was on my little boat. I waved anyway :welcome:.

502GTX, get your azz in gear! lol

HD

You guys suck!! I spent Saturday prepping the boat and Sunday building a deck in my GFs back yard. Seems like I will never get caught up! I can't wait to get out there again, hopefully this weekend. Miles to go first.... life is a pain in the azz!! Oh, by the way HD, what is your little boat?

Ct River

Thanks for the compliments HD and your right I didn't see you because I was looking for your Checkmate!!!! Bill(502) we will be looking for you on the Memorial Day weekend and I was suprised that my swim platform didn't hurt the boats performance!!!

Memorial Day

I plan to be out on the River every day weather permitting,hope to see some of you guys out there!!!

Water was really high on Friday. Dart Island disappeared for a while. Lots of crap in the water from the heavy rain up north.

Sunday was a beautiful day and the water was back to normal elevation wth less debris.

Saw Franz on Sunday burning some gas on the throttle pretty heavy. :surf:

HD

I chickened out and didn't go out Saturday,instead going too a Jack+Jill,but did go out early Sunday with a full day of enjoying my ride,which I have put 24 hours on already this year!!! HD,Where were you that I didn't see your rig at Dart!!!

I chickened out and didn't go out Saturday,instead going too a Jack+Jill,but did go out early Sunday with a full day of enjoying my ride,which I have put 24 hours on already this year!!! HD,Where were you that I didn't see your rig at Dart!!!

I was on the Dog's boat (Pontoon). I went right by you when you were floating next to another boat bs'ing just north of Dart late Sunday.

I have seen you about 10 times this summer but I have had family with me most of the time. When I have kids, dogs or sloppy adults, I leave the Checkmate at home. You know I like to keep her clean and it helps to keep the hours off as well.

HD

Okay guys my plan is to get out early Saturday and cruise the Connecticut River,looking for fellow Mater's to cruise with or just say hello!!! Sunday will only be a few hours in the afternoon,taking my grandaughter for a cruise before goiung to her birthday party along with my Father's Day party,so my day is planned!!!

Lost Propellor

Hi Guys,It seems 2 Sunday's ago coming up the river at around 60,my rpm's all of a sudden shot up,without forward thrust!!! In thinking it was a transmission I cked the oil which was okay,along with not smelling burned,but did find my drive oil a quart or so over!!! After retrieving the boat on the trailer I walked too the rear to find I had no propeller!! I had snapped my propshaft,which in turn took my Bravo1 26 Lab into the drink with it,that was a quick lost $800!!! I used my 4 blade 24 last Sunday after getting a new prop shaft put in the TRS,but didn't like turning the engine up to 5500,so got another Bravo1 26 Lab,which produces lower rpm's with higher top end speeds!!! If the weather forecast holds out we will only have this coming Saturday the 14th to boat so see any of you going out then!!!

I won't be out at all this w/e. :sick:

Sorry to hear about the prop/shaft, that sux.

Hope to see you out there soon.

HD

Back