• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

CT RIVER CHECKMATE "EVENT"

"SClemons" did have one sweet Checkmate. Actually, it may have been the first I/O Checkmate I had ever been in. I am sure you will be back in a Checkmate soon friend.:cheers: Tell the wife we said hello and happy new year!

Well it is just about mid January and in about 3 months I will be back on the river (hopefully with some new add on's to the Check).

I was on the river a few weeks ago (not on the Checkmate) and was amazed at how nice it looks in the winter with all the houses decorated along the shore with Christmas lights. That was a first for me.

Come on Spring!

HD

Connecticut River

Hey Fellow Maters,I am getting the itch a little early this year so plan on starting to work on the Convincor,which will have the addition of one of those custom built aluminum swim platforms this year,for easy access!!! Hope this year a lot of us can hook up,to take a cruise or all of us anchor together to show off our rides!!!

Hey Franz,

I am hoping to get out in the next few weeks myself. Hopefully this weather keeps up!

See you soon.

HD

Hey guys,
It's been a long winter, even without the snow. I'm definitely getting itchy to get back out there too, although I doubt that I will be the first one to hit the river! Franz, I was looking into the aluminum platforms too as mine has none at all and climbing on the outdrive gets treacherous. I priced a platform though and decided to call on some of my race car buddies to build one. I have one guy who is an expert heliarc welder primed for the job and he has a tubing bender as well. I have the materials list made up and am planning on getting one built this spring. Gotta save a few bucks when I can. HD, looking forward to seeing you out there as well. Maybe we can get you out there on the hotdog this year before it deflates again.

Event

Im from Ct and just picked up a checkmate.. Im looking to meet up with other Checkmate owners. Is the CT river run going to happen?

... HD, looking forward to seeing you out there as well. Maybe we can get you out there on the hotdog this year before it deflates again.

LOL.

I don't know how I missed that comment. No hot dogs for me, I will stick with the slalomn ski.

I am looking for a nice 70*+ Saturday or Sunday to get out for the first time this season. (I have a busy April so my days are limited :sick: )

HD

Im from Ct and just picked up a checkmate.. Im looking to meet up with other Checkmate owners. Is the CT river run going to happen?

Welcome aboard! The river run happens in October, but you can find some of us in the river on most weekends. Stay tuned, we'll find ya.
HD, if you change your mind on that hot dog ride, just let me know. I got the new improved bladder for it so it should stay afloat, hopefully. Kids want me to get a trampoline/raft to bring along too. I'm not sure where they think we can fit all that stuff, all that weight is killing the top end too!.

Welcome aboard! The river run happens in October, but you can find some of us in the river on most weekends. Stay tuned, we'll find ya.
HD, if you change your mind on that hot dog ride, just let me know. I got the new improved bladder for it so it should stay afloat, hopefully. Kids want me to get a trampoline/raft to bring along too. I'm not sure where they think we can fit all that stuff, all that weight is killing the top end too!.

Gotta keep the kids happy! See you in a few weeks.

HD

Well guys, the weather has taken a turn for the worse (cold). I just figured I would check in to see if everyone is ready for 2012.

I made it out two weeks ago and the water was low and I don't ever remember seeing the water so clear in early spring. The last storm may have helped the water level a bit, but I foresee a lot of bent props this summer.

HD

Mine is still in storage at the fairground, I'm gonna get it out in the next week or so and take care of a few things before heading out this season. I noticed the gear oil looked a little milky the last time I changed it so I want to make sure everything is OK there. I tested it with a vacuum pump and it holds about 15 inches of vacuum for a half hour, so I don't see how water is getting in. I also lost a flapper from one of my exhaust tips last year on the river run...just had to take the silencers out, so the flapper is at the bottom of the river now. I'll get there though, see ya on the river!

I unwrapped and fired mine up last week, boy that sounded good ( smelled good too). Ever since then the weather has turned crappy. But with all the rain lately the lake level is above normal. I was getting a litlte worried since it hadn't rained in a month before then.
I'm hopin to be lasting down the lake by sunday... with any luck.

Getting Ready

Well fellow maters,I got the new tubular swim platform on,also fired up the engine,installed all new VDO gauges,next comes the cleaning and waxing which might be done next week in those 70 degree days!!!

Saturday the 13th

I never did get the thing waxed but with 70 degree temperatures Saturday and Sunday,it might be impossible to resist temptation and take a cruise on both days!!!

I may be out tomorrow.

I haven't decided where I am going and if I am just going to take the little boat.

Hopefully I see you out there Franz.

HD

Ct River

I may be out tomorrow.

I haven't decided where I am going and if I am just going to take the little boat.

Hopefully I see you out there Franz.

HD
Went out on the river yesterday. Left Wethersfield cove shallow at the dock had to back in far enough exaust was under water. River seemed a little high and flowing good.Some wood floating around but not bad. Was anchored and fishing in between rt 3 bridge and Glastonbury ferry heared a thump turned around tree hooked up on anchor .Another anchor to the Conn river.See you guys out there .

Went out on the river yesterday. Left Wethersfield cove shallow at the dock had to back in far enough exaust was under water. River seemed a little high and flowing good.Some wood floating around but not bad. Was anchored and fishing in between rt 3 bridge and Glastonbury ferry heared a thump turned around tree hooked up on anchor .Another anchor to the Conn river.See you guys out there .

I didn't make it out yesterday. With all the rain we have had, it sounds like the CT River is back to it's usual spring time characteristics.

Sorry to hear about your prop, at least it wasn't the boat!

Did you catch anything?

HD

I didn't make it out yesterday. With all the rain we have had, it sounds like the CT River is back to it's usual spring time characteristics.

Sorry to hear about your prop, at least it wasn't the boat!

Did you catch anything?

HD
Everythings fine didn t damage prop that was last year. And didn t catch anything. It was good out there though .

Back