• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Current Caldwell Checkmate production

I might be wrong but I think that article was written when Caldwell originally bought Checkmate but perhaps was posted 3 weeks ago on the website you mentioned? Hopefully I am wrong.
Oh shoot. You're not wrong. The last time the page was viewed or edited was 3 weeks ago. The article must be older.

Dated 2018.
Weird? I picked my boat up in Bucyrus around Oct 31 / 2019 and Dean told me at that time there was a release coming out that Checkmate would be sold but that was in 2019. However the article could have been written about Caldwell Marine in 2018 and then the Checkmate part added later. I think they should give you the molds of your choice cooperider, for a song and a dance, and you build a few a year of just 1 or 2 models. Would you even consider it?

Unfortunately, that video was recorded at the 2020 Miami boat show, and now, 2.5 years later it appears that Caldwell Marine has halted all Checkmate production. So sad. I was fortunate enough to purchase the 2nd last boat they built in Bucyrus, and a good friend of mine purchased the last one built. Sadly, he passed away and I helped his family sell his boat to the new owner in FL who is very happy with it.

Anyone know how many CMs, Caldwell has built? I saw a few ‘build’ promo pics and the boats looked good. But also heard a few rumors about their build quality. Has anyone seen one in person?

Yes I did at the Titus Dealership open house. There is a thread on it with a bunch of pics I posted.

Anyone know how many CMs, Caldwell has built? I saw a few ‘build’ promo pics and the boats looked good. But also heard a few rumors about their build quality. Has anyone seen one in person?

Zero. I've had a checkmate on order for a year and a half. There is no progress whatsoever.

You might be able to purchase a 21 or 24 ft Persuader from Cooperider, which from the photos, appears to be made from the Checkmate Pulsare molds.

Attention everyone. I'm finding out now that my dealer (Tinus Marine) said these boats are being made again. I guess Checkmate is still dealing with some legal matters, but someone (unknown) bought the molds and are producing again in North Carolina. The building in Bucyrus Ohio is in production for the upholstery work as well. The boats may not have "CHECKMATE" down the sides, but I guess they are getting back to it again. Prices for the boats are being updated. Probably more expensive now with supply chain blah blah blah.

Attention everyone. I'm finding out now that my dealer (Tinus Marine) said these boats are being made again. I guess Checkmate is still dealing with some legal matters, but someone (unknown) bought the molds and are producing again in North Carolina. The building in Bucyrus Ohio is in production for the upholstery work as well. The boats may not have "CHECKMATE" down the sides, but I guess they are getting back to it again. Prices for the boats are being updated. Probably more expensive now with supply chain blah blah blah.
Yes, you can read more of the posts on this forum, but Cooperider will build them, I believe in his Bucyrus Persuader facility (but he may have changed locations?). From his posts and pictures it appears he will be building 21ft and 24ft Persuaders (hull clones of the Pulsares.

Just to clarify, I met with Pete Caldwell and Billy Moore at the Fort Lauderdale International Boat Show. Bottom line is they will not be building Checkmates. They have not sold any molds. When they finish their legal matters, the brand, molds, site and everything Checkmate will go up for sale. Molds to build roughly 16 different models.

Just to clarify, I met with Pete Caldwell and Billy Moore at the Fort Lauderdale International Boat Show. Bottom line is they will not be building Checkmates. They have not sold any molds. When they finish their legal matters, the brand, molds, site and everything Checkmate will go up for sale. Molds to build roughly 16 different models.
When did you meet with Pete?

Thanks for the update,

That sucks, hope that by the time everything is sorted there is still a brand left to market and anyone who was interested in buying a boat hasn’t moved on.

Thanks for the update,

That sucks, hope that by the time everything is sorted there is still a brand left to market and anyone who was interested in buying a boat hasn’t moved on.
This is crazy, because I just spoke to my dealer that said he has one coming in for a customer in 2 weeks. We're actually scheduled to drive from Ohio to Wisconsin just to look at it out of our own interest.

Back