• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Even More CL Finds!

I have found Karzus's "Holy Grail" of Checkmates (marigold and sand flake Entertainer)! Now, we will see if he buys it��. That thing shines like it just came off the factory floor in 1981.....

https://nwga.craigslist.org/boa/d/1981-checkmate-enticer/6613788083.html

I’m in France till the end of the month, it’s partly why I didn’t jump on the Blue/Silver full flake Entertainer I/O you found a few weeks ago. I did call that one and it did sound like it needed a good look. But I was leaving in two days and I couldn’t get to it. That listing is over and I think it sold fast. I bet this one is gone before I get home too. I’m going to call and ask about it, but it would be July before I can really do much.

P.S. this is killing me

I’m in France till the end of the month, it’s partly why I didn’t jump on the Blue/Silver full flake Entertainer I/O you found a few weeks ago. I did call that one and it did sound like it needed a good look. But I was leaving in two days and I couldn’t get to it. That listing is over and I think it sold fast. I bet this one is gone before I get home too. I’m going to call and ask about it, but it would be July before I can really do much.

P.S. this is killing me

I think it will still be there...it's a beautiful boat, but it's a niche color. Keep the faith. Deposit?

I think it will still be there...it's a beautiful boat, but it's a niche color. Keep the faith. Deposit?

I’m considering a deposit, but if I was the seller and had some stupid Canadian claiming to want my boat who said he’d like to put down a refundable deposit to have me hold the boat till July when he could finally come and look at it. I’d say no I think I’ll just try to sell it now and if it’s still around in July when you can come, we can talk then.

So to do this now, I’ll likely have to pay close to his asking price sight unseen and give as small a non-refundable deposit as I can, that way if the boat isn’t as good as the add and the few pictures I won’t loose too much.

I imagine I can get more pictures and some more info from an inquiry, so that might help some. But I’m currently 6 hrs ahead and my Canadian cell phone # showing up on his call display usually means I have to leave at least one message about the boat add before anyone will answer the call becuase most people now days try. to avoid scammers from foreign countries.

I’m considering a deposit, but if I was the seller and had some stupid Canadian claiming to want my boat who said he’d like to put down a refundable deposit to have me hold the boat till July when he could finally come and look at it. I’d say no I think I’ll just try to sell it now and if it’s still around in July when you can come, we can talk then.

So to do this now, I’ll likely have to pay close to his asking price sight unseen and give as small a non-refundable deposit as I can, that way if the boat isn’t as good as the add and the few pictures I won’t loose too much.

I imagine I can get more pictures and some more info from an inquiry, so that might help some. But I’m currently 6 hrs ahead and my Canadian cell phone # showing up on his call display usually means I have to leave at least one message about the boat add before anyone will answer the call becuase most people now days try. to avoid scammers from foreign countries.

Oh man...I forgot, you're a long ways from home AND a long ways from the boat. Hmmmmm...I'm headed up to your neck of the woods tomorrow...well, not really, Regina...to buy a snowmobile.

I bought a checkmate sight unseen from New York. It all worked out. The big difference being it was a lightly used 08.

I still think it will be there for you...

Oh man...I forgot, you're a long ways from home AND a long ways from the boat. Hmmmmm...I'm headed up to your neck of the woods tomorrow...well, not really, Regina...to buy a snowmobile.

I bought a checkmate sight unseen from New York. It all worked out. The big difference being it was a lightly used 08.

I still think it will be there for you...

I bought my current boat sight unseen too, but it was young, low hours, on consignment at a dealer who took it to another dealer for inspection (third party) and it was found for me and recommended buy a forum member here.

Even then it was not brand new perfect, but it was nearly so and my deposit was refundable. After two days of driving to see it, it would have had to be much worse to not pick it up.

Notice the look on Old Fred's face (the dog). He feels the same way as us about the bottom paint. He even goes as far as to try and hide its existence in the photo.

Notice the look on Old Fred's face (the dog). He feels the same way as us about the bottom paint. He even goes as far as to try and hide its existence in the photo.

Hahaha...and he actually looks to be relieving himself. My dog use to do the same but I think he did not like the Brown 'Mate' I had.

You know, I believe you're right, and in the general direction of said bottom paint. He's a good boy. It's not TLC but TLCR, that's Total Like Complete Replacement concerning the interior of which there are no images of. One can get an idea by looking at the stern shot and focusing on the starboard side of the sun pad. I think you wont have that much trouble with the bottom paint as the Arizona sun has nearly baked it off at this point anyway. I sure like the lines of that vessel though.

Back