• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Gonna Try Again, Keuka Lake NY 'Mate Get Together 2015, who's in?

Running boat and checking bearings etc. today. Will be heading your way Thursday.
Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Do you plan to camp, hotel, B&B....?
Let us know if you need any help. The Keuka State Park is a very nice camp ground and also where many launch their boats. MERC245 is planning on camping there. They have Boat slips at the launch but they might be to small for your 260.

We will meet out on the water up at that North West end of the Lake (Branchport or Keuka State Park in case you are looking on the internet) of the lake at noon and take off from there. Both Checkmate fever and myself have Cottage’s on the lake

We are staying at the Hampton Inn PennYan.

If you guys are gonna be around, give me an idea where your cabins
are I will look for ya.

Will see about docking or finding a place to park the trailer. Not sure
if the hotel lot is trailer friendly or not.

Any suggestions?

been keeping an eye on the weather, kinda snotty looking?

Ive been keeping a close eye on the weather too, it looks like that tropical storm down in the gulf coast is gonna make it's presence known around here for Thursday, Friday and maybe even into Saturday, not good. I haven't even got my boat in the water yet thanks to the weather, was planning on bringing it up Friday and probably launching Saturday morning. We'll have to see what happens, this rain every weekend lately is getting really old, i hope it doesn't ruin this weekend, especially for the guys coming from way out of town!! Keep your fingers crossed guys!!

We are staying at the Hampton Inn PennYan.

If you guys are gonna be around, give me an idea where your cabins
are I will look for ya.

Will see about docking or finding a place to park the trailer. Not sure
if the hotel lot is trailer friendly or not.

Any suggestions?

I believe the PennYan Hampton is fine with Boat trailers. You will be on the PennYan branch of the lake (North East) and we will be meeting at the Branchport side of the lake. You may be better off to launch at the State Park in Branchport unless you don’t care about burning some fuel to meet up with us.

My address is 7702 West Bluff Drive.

Ive been keeping a close eye on the weather too, it looks like that tropical storm down in the gulf coast is gonna make it's presence known around here for Thursday, Friday and maybe even into Saturday, not good. I haven't even got my boat in the water yet thanks to the weather, was planning on bringing it up Friday and probably launching Saturday morning. We'll have to see what happens, this rain every weekend lately is getting really old, i hope it doesn't ruin this weekend, especially for the guys coming from way out of town!! Keep your fingers crossed guys!!

Don’t worry young Skywalker The Force will be with us. Put your Boat in and let’s role!

Yup, definitely looking better!! Now if the wind will stay down i might be in good shape! I'm getting plans together with a buddy of mine and his Scarab, we may be up early and get a head start. So how many boats do you think are coming down??

Last count was 20 plus but some may back out due to the speed limit request.

I plan to leave the pack and control the speed. I wa told to keep it under 45 when other non participant boaters are around us.

Rory blew up his drive on Monday and Kieth is going to be in Baltimore for work.

The weather is looking better as we get closer to the day

Last count was 20 plus but some may back out due to the speed limit request.

I plan to leave the pack and control the speed. I wa told to keep it under 45 when other non participant boaters are around us.

Rory blew up his drive on Monday and Kieth is going to be in Baltimore for work.

The weather is looking better as we get closer to the day

Yeah it's probably tough for the guy's that can cruise at 60 or 70+ all day long to have to keep it under 45. But the scenery is nice, hope none of them do back out! Who did you talk to? Lake Patrol? So they are cool with all the go-fast boats invading the lake? I really don't care if we piss off the stuck up snobs on the lake, lol, but it's good if the lake patrol is cool with us!!

Sorry, gotta pull the plug on this trip due to the forecast, really don’t want to sit in a bar all day(as good as that sounds) and watch my boat get rained on! Maybe someother time fellas!

Well, i got my boat in the water but it was to windy/rough so i just headed back to the cottage for the day. It calmed down later, i waited to see if any one was gonna run up the east branch but didn't see anyone so i left about 4:30. My buddy was there with his Scarab, came down the west branch and turned around and went back, again to cold, windy and rough at that point so he put it back on the trailer and headed home. Said he saw a couple boats pulling into the state park as he was leaving. It's to bad the weather couldn't have cooperated a little better, especially after the very hot week we had!! So how many boats did show up?? Maybe we can get a few of us together another day!!

Fever is that a Checkmate or a Canoe?

Well the boat count was down including a local that will not be named but we had a great time. It was great to meet jazzbass and his lovely bride. The Checkmate looks and sounds incredible.
It was a bit cool,high 50’s low 60’s with wind but no rain.
The local stops were very accommodating as usual.
Can’t wait to do this again.

Chris,

Thanks for hosting, the lunch and hospitality.

We went out for a while Sunday. Didn't call because number
never came through to Sharon's phone..

The gang from ROPA is an awesome fun crowd.

Planning to do the Kinzua get together with them in August.

Chris,

Thanks for hosting, the lunch and hospitality.

We went out for a while Sunday. Didn't call because number
never came through to Sharon's phone..

The gang from ROPA is an awesome fun crowd.

Planning to do the Kinzua get together with them in August.

You are more then welcome. It was great to meet you guys. Please come back for the fall run we are already working on plans for that run. There are several Checkmate’s on the Lake that did not get to come out. We will try our best to get them all out on the lake for the Octoberfast!

Keuka Lake 2019 Spring run 8-June-2019

You are more then welcome. It was great to meet you guys. Please come back for the fall run we are already working on plans for that run. There are several Checkmate’s on the Lake that did not get to come out. We will try our best to get them all out on the lake for the Octoberfast!

Okay boys and girls the Keuka Lake Spring run will be Saturday 8-June-2019. Please let us know if you plan to meet up!

I will be out for this spring run. Ate the #5 cylinder so engine is being rebuilt. I may be out on Matt’s Scarab or my wife’s Pontoon. I may be able to still be able to keep up with Fever! Just kidding JASON!
Hope to be back in the water by 4-July.

Back