• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Gonna Try Again, Keuka Lake NY 'Mate Get Together 2015, who's in?

You missed one hell of a good time

Boats from 100 plus MPH to 60 MPH in all sorts of boats. 45 to 20 feet. Great people, beautiful boats, awesome weather! Watching all these guys launch and sit out on the water at the start was such a rush! Listening to 1000 - 1800 HP fire up is just incredible to hear echoing off of the surrounding hills!

Looks like a great time!! I saw all the video's on facebook, never seen anything like that before on Keuka!! I had no idea there would be that many boats! I wish i coulda been there but not to be, i can't keep the boat in the water that late unfortunately, and there was no way i would have ever believed the weather would hold out the way it has. I am glad to see that the vast majority of the Keuka folks were not upset and actually thought it was a cool sight to see, only a couple of the stuck up lake snobs complained lol. Glad to you guy's had a good time, hope to see some of them back in the Spring to kick the season off!! (and with a little luck i might be out with my boat in the Spring...)

Fever was missed

We had a great day! Rory also met many of the ROPA guys and had a great time. You can pull your boat out but don't winterize it so early next year.
We will see you in the Spring at the spring run. Expect an even larger group of boats.
I still have the Hot Boat magazine waiting for you!!

Even more boats for the Spring?? Heck yeah, i already can't wait!! Plus, if i make it for the run, Keith and Mike, and my buddy with his Scarab, there's 4 more boats right there! Hope it doesn't piss of the nudist guy!! :rof: :cheers:

Get the Spring dates out asap! Hoping to have a less eventful spring and summer next yr. Caught up with the chores, bills and my girl is giving up teaching and street fairs next summer (yeppie)

The summer vacation schedule was just posted, looks like I have 9 days with June’s 1st weekend right in the middle. Looks like I’ll finally get to see upstate New York! 🤙

You will love it the group is a riot and grows every time we have it. My favorite of all the Finger Lakes. Multiple bar/restaurants on the lake with the town of Hammondsport at the South end and Penn Yan on the North end.
Due you plan to camp (Keuka State Park)r rent a cottage or B&B? :banana:

Born and bred a camper, Tent, air mattress and a cooler! One of my favorite times was camping at the LOTO, Tent set up on a grassy noel with the boat anchored at the foot of said noel. The sun starting to set to the west, and me, I was chasing that last slice of baloney around the cooler to make my last "wish" sandwich. Thinking all the while" It don't get better then this" Then of course I got cleaned up headed out to the Bars :banana:

Quick Finish to this Story, Had a very attractive woman ask me to dance, Sure. Only problem it wasn't with her, it was with her much older and less attractive friend :yell: So I'm dancing with the old bat, she asks if I'm in a condo or hotel, Naturally I tell her I'm in a beautiful one bedroom condo overlooking the water with available slippage. She' gets excited, all a twitter and I'm thinking "Hey I'm 800 miles from home" but as the night ages she figures out that I'm at the state park, She literally turned her nose up and said "EW your a camper, turned and walked away, I'm like "look you old _____ your the one that approached me to dance, I was done with my charity work for the evening! Good Times they can't take!

Keuka Lake Spring Fun Run 2-June-2018, Saturday

Ok we will be firing up the boats for the Annual Spring Fun Run on Keuka Lake. Saturday 2-June-2018. 99% sure ROPA Boats will be coming! Don’t miss out this Run is a riot.

My good buddy from the firehouse just put together time off that weekend, Should be fun as he is a HABITUAL LINESTEPPER. Should be on the water 1 or 2 pm Friday. Looking Forward!!!!!!!!!

What time is everyone getting on the water?? We are all set for the 2nd right? My boat is ready to go (i think...) but with the weather and a couple other things going on i believe that Saturday will be my first ride of the season, same goes for my buddy with his Scarab! We figure if either of us has issues the other one can tow us back (after last season i have very little faith in my boat right now...). Anyway, just wondering about a timeline and what the plans are for the day, looking forward to making noise and pissing off the all the "owners" of the lake!! :cheers:

2-June Keuka Lake

Hope you guys can make it to Keuka on Saturday 2-June for another fun run.

Meet in the water at the State Park boat launch at 12:00 noon. Please let us know if your coming so we can make arraignments with the local stops.

Hope to see you there.

Keuka Lake Fun Run 2-June-2018

Ok only a few days left, this will be a good time.
I have had some conversations and we have been requested to keeps the speed down when other boaters are around. Just commen sense and good manners!

Look forward to seeing everyone. Merc245 are you still planning on coming?

Back