• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Important Thread - Please Read!

Thanks guys, I appreciate all your feedback.

Chris E's, echoed a number of things in his post, including a general approach to life, that I also take and feel in many ways.

hotdaddy probably summed up my personal feelings on how I feel about much of this stuff pretty closely.

Which is...

That most things that get posted here, don't typically bother me enough for me get bent out of shape. But I guess some others feel differently and do get bent out of shape for whatever reason.

But I guess I come more from the mentality, that if you punch someone in the nose, don't start crying when they give you a fat lip in return. And if you willingly start or join in an argument on your own accord, then it's pretty hard to cry victim if in the end you end up with hurt feelings.

And where it does get bothersome (as hotdaddy mentioned) is when people start PM'ing me or emailing me and many are requesting totally conflicting things, which makes full resolution almost impossible.

-Chris

Chris you might want to consider people who will not fill out a personal profile can not post, anybody can walk on these sites join with little or no information on themselves and post away. My personal opinion we should all be paid members to post, a small contribution to make to be on a great site like this. After all what is for free anymore.;)

You're a lot more patient and understanding than I am Chris! Good thing you're the boss! :thumb:

I've stopped reading a lot of the posts based on title as I'm trying to NOT babysit as much as I used to. The site is too big and I haven't got the time to read every post, and I'm glad this site is well mannered enough that we don't have to.

I think you're doing a GREAT job, especially considering this site costs you more in time and money than it'll ever bring back!

Well written post Chris, hope you get more good ideas from our great member group.

I'd like to add, that while Chris hates to ban members for mis-use of the site, I actually enjoy it, so be good my friends :devil:

You're a lot more patient and understanding than I am Chris! Good thing you're the boss! :thumb:

I've stopped reading a lot of the posts based on title as I'm trying to NOT babysit as much as I used to. The site is too big and I haven't got the time to read every post, and I'm glad this site is well mannered enough that we don't have to.

I think you're doing a GREAT job, especially considering this site costs you more in time and money than it'll ever bring back!

Well written post Chris, hope you get more good ideas from our great member group.

I'd like to add, that while Chris hates to ban members for mis-use of the site, I actually enjoy it, so be good my friends :devil:

Go get'im JW:devil: Oh crap I'd probably be your first victim.:brickwall:
Anyway thanks for helping Chris.

Chris you might want to consider people who will not fill out a personal profile can not post, anybody can walk on these sites join with little or no information on themselves and post away. My personal opinion we should all be paid members to post, a small contribution to make to be on a great site like this. After all what is for free anymore.;)
I have no intention or plans, now, or at any time in the future of changing the site's access from being mostly free.

The plan has been and will remain being, to let regular members donate of their own free will as they see fit.

People with commercial interests in the forum however, will have to be approved and become supporting vendors.

As far as forcing people to fill in personal information goes, I don't see any tangible benefits of requiring more information than we do now.

-Chris

You know, the reason people don't pay memeberships is because of "duct tape" comments. I find those comments more offensive in here then any political or racial joke!

If that means banning me in protest, then please delete me and my restoration thread!

You know, the reason people don't pay memeberships is because of "duct tape" comments. I find those comments more offensive in here then any political or racial joke!

If that means banning me in protest, then please delete me and my restoration thread!

I guess I'm in the dark and will have to go hunting for the "duct tape comments" cause I don't think I've see any but I do believe you that they exist and were intended to hurt others.

In Canada we have a TV show, It's called the Red Green Show, It's a comedy and most of the time it's :rof:. Anybody who gets self depreciating humor, dumb ingenuity, or trying to fix broken things with no money might like it.
Because of that show Duct Tape is an Icon in our Country, please don't slander duct tape:thumb:

Just as with every open discussion in any forum or podium, things can get heated when people have different views on any subject. The "we're all adults" thing sometimes gets lost when people get involved in something that is emotionally-charged or hot-button. Commom sense should be the order of the day. I agree it's hard to regulate people and views in certain situations, but why here?? I came on board here myself to find and share experiences and knowledge of check boating. I normally wouldn't even bother commenting or posting about something of this sort, but Chris made a point that this is important and for good reason. He and the other moderators put in time and care to produce a quality product for each of us. I for one am grateful for all their hard work. Thanks Guys!! Lets all just sit back, take a deep breath and think before we speak(or type). We are all in this together (and voluntarily I might add), so lets get back to the business of helping each other and sharing info and experiences together!

Tom:thumb:

No offense to anyone but im kinda getting sick of hearing about it, lets talk boats....plans for projects, meeting up with people next year etc.:bigthumb::cheers:

No offense to anyone but im kinda getting sick of hearing about it, lets talk boats....plans for projects, meeting up with people next year etc.:bigthumb::cheers:
Come on I think theirs a bit more left
beatdeadhorse5.gif
people need to vent
sifone.gif

Well I'm not sure what exactly you're referring to, to be honest.

As far as the paid membership comment goes....

To give some background on the program, it started out at the request of some members, who wanted to donate to the site as a thank you and as a way of helping to support it.

What we have now as far as the supporting member program goes, developed out of the original request. And what remains today is more or less a donation, as the truth is that any registered member can use almost all the site for free, other than being restricted from a few features.

I understand if you don't want to donate, but what I don't understand is the connection you're making between a member making a comment (that I gather upset you) and your response.

Your response in my mind being, to essentially punish me and those who do support the community, by not supporting it yourself.

-Chris

just a suggestion, you have a way to earn power points, you know the little green blocks by your name, right?

Could you earn PITA (pain in the ass) points as well. maybe a way for other members to indicate unfavorable ratings to posts that are made.

when you hit a certain number or ranking, if you will, you get temporarily suspended, after your two minutes in the penalty box you get to come back. if you are a repeat offender, you get the old game misconduct and are tossed.

not sure if there is something systematic that you could set up to do that, because i definitely don't want to create more manual work for you but it may make people pause to think before they actually post if there are consequences.

just a suggestion, you have a way to earn power points, you know the little green blocks by your name, right?

Could you earn PITA (pain in the ass) points as well. maybe a way for other members to indicate unfavorable ratings to posts that are made.

when you hit a certain number or ranking, if you will, you get temporarily suspended, after your two minutes in the penalty box you get to come back. if you are a repeat offender, you get the old game misconduct and are tossed.

not sure if there is something systematic that you could set up to do that, because i definitely don't want to create more manual work for you but it may make people pause to think before they actually post if there are consequences.
Actually there is a groan button that can be installed.

But if I did install that, I can just hear it now!

So and so gave me a "groanie" on my post and now my rep is ruined! :rolleyes:

-Chris

Actually there is a groan button that can be installed.

But if I did install that, I can just hear it now!

So and so gave me a "groanie" on my post and now my rep is ruined! :rolleyes:

-Chris

i guess you just can't win.... maybe we should just pray for snow.... that should make everyone settle down... :pissed:

It's this BS that I'm talking about that was just posted tonight:

"At least I had a Liberator to stuff!! What kind of boat do you have?? I smell duct tape here. Another roving troll that goes from site to site -- A troll who will not fill out profile -- A troll who could care less about this place A troll that will never be a paying member -- boat sites are loaded with them.:banana:"

or this a couple of weeks ago

"...If nonsense like this appears on this board -- I will always answer it this way. You and your little pack, are nothing but guys who run duct tape specials and think that you rule this site. Not happpening.
Before you go mentioning other members names you better check with them. I wonder if C/M or Kip would want there name's put into a racist thread by the four legged boxer and you. I wonder if they would jepordize a relationship with a paying customer (you know a person who actually buys new boats) like me for a dead beat looser like you justincase and ross. What have you guys bought off C/M in the last year or 5 years or 10 for that matter. Nothing zero nada!! You are about as worthless as this thread!!"

As far as the member (Ross) who said something about my apartment. You could not afford the bathroom fixtures in my aparment . I boat at my summer home in Pa. If you are ever in the area I will give you and the bouncer jobs washing my cars!! Could you even do that right!!!
Amazing all these sites and the duct tape gang members who can not afford to come up with 15 to 25 bucks to be a supporting member, they are the ones who want to dictate the rules.
Justincase You are a racist end of story, if your balls were that big as you CLAIM -- you would have been on a plane to NYC.
Nerd -- Name speaks well
Ross -- before you open your mouth -- Know the man!!

well........

Chris,

I have been watching all this crap going on without saying anything. Just an occasional funny pic to try to ease the tension. First i want to say that this website is a privelage not a right. This is your website and You should not feel bad about giving someone the boot that is always stirring the pot and irritating the hell out of just about everyone. :brickwall:

I do believe that everyone has a choice to get involed in a topic or choose to ignore it. Everyone has their own opinions but there are certain ways to voice your opinion. Some people intentionally piss members off just (to get their rocks off) in just about every topic posted. Some people are trouble makers and id hate to see good people leave beacause of big mouth people.

If someone has a complaint about someone we should put them in front of the jury. Have a poll on if we should ban that person or not. Then maybe certain people will start to act right.

I love a good debate but when threats are involved thats a bit much.
Thanks for all the hard work u do Chris. Some people dont appreciate it and never will. The people that continue to cause problems (after u have made it known how u feel) have no respect for you or this site and should be put on the chopping block.

351d2ja.jpg

It's this BS that I'm talking about that was just posted tonight:

"At least I had a Liberator to stuff!! What kind of boat do you have?? I smell duct tape here. Another roving troll that goes from site to site -- A troll who will not fill out profile -- A troll who could care less about this place A troll that will never be a paying member -- boat sites are loaded with them.:banana:"
Well here is a link to the post that I gather you're referring to.

http://checkmate-boats.com/forums/showpost.php?p=479624&postcount=46

What you posted above, was just the response to what I see as a personal shot. Without the context of the original post, it's a little misleading, to me at least.

But whatever the case, I don't think the comment was directed at you.

So why are you offended?

-Chris

Back