• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Important Thread - Please Read!

or this a couple of weeks ago

"...If nonsense like this appears on this board -- I will always answer it this way. You and your little pack, are nothing but guys who run duct tape specials and think that you rule this site. Not happpening.
Before you go mentioning other members names you better check with them. I wonder if C/M or Kip would want there name's put into a racist thread by the four legged boxer and you. I wonder if they would jepordize a relationship with a paying customer (you know a person who actually buys new boats) like me for a dead beat looser like you justincase and ross. What have you guys bought off C/M in the last year or 5 years or 10 for that matter. Nothing zero nada!! You are about as worthless as this thread!!"

As far as the member (Ross) who said something about my apartment. You could not afford the bathroom fixtures in my aparment . I boat at my summer home in Pa. If you are ever in the area I will give you and the bouncer jobs washing my cars!! Could you even do that right!!!
Amazing all these sites and the duct tape gang members who can not afford to come up with 15 to 25 bucks to be a supporting member, they are the ones who want to dictate the rules.
Justincase You are a racist end of story, if your balls were that big as you CLAIM -- you would have been on a plane to NYC.
Nerd -- Name speaks well
Ross -- before you open your mouth -- Know the man!!
I appreciate you posting these comments, but the problem is that you're picking out responses only, and leaving out the original posts that were being responded to. So in essense what you're doing is posting the "effect" but what we're not being provided with is the "cause"

Now in the thread that you referenced with the duct tape comment, who fired the first shots? Well, as I see it, it was actually Ross. And I like Ross, but hey, he took out his gun and started shooting, but basically accusing the guy of lying. And then "Check This" fired back and now some are jumping on him for what he posted.

But as I said earlier, if you punch someone in the nose, you can't exactly cry when you get a fat lip. In that particular thread, that's what I see, but maybe others see it differently I dunno. Perhaps there is more of an issue and point of discussion around whether his response to what Ross said was inappropriately harsh.

But whatever, let's not beat around the bush here...

Part of this whole deal is that there is group on here that is pissed off at "Check This"...

Right?

And I believe you guys would like him banned, sactioned or whatever...

Right?

And there is more than likely lots of private communication about all of this...

Right?

And so now what we've got is essense is people basically taking turns poking at him....

Right?

And then when he goes off, it's all his fault....

Right?

Perhaps I'm wrong, but it seems to be the case.

So, why don't you guys just start a thread in Board Feedback and suggest what it is that you seem to want.

Start a thread suggesting that "Check This" get banned or sanctioned or whatever the heck it is that you seem to be after and then we'll discuss it and move on, one way or another.

-Chris

Chris, I think Bigredinohio took it to heart that SNAKEBIT oh I mean Checkthis, was talking down to used boat owners even though his daddy funds his whole operation.

If I am way off I apologize. :sssh:

This is getting like the guy who gets a personal foul flag in football for hitting back the guy who hit him first! FOCUS PEOPLE!!! If everyone sees this as such a huge problem, them we should all collectively come up with a solution. Not start another entire problem or bickering blog. As someone who works in the tavern industry, we have 2 rules about conversation: no religion & no politics discussed at the bar. There are too many great minds and people here to start censoring everything, but we all need to use a little common sense. Censorship is simply a bad thing and if it ruled supreme, we wouldn't even be able to have this discussion. Like I said before; sit back, relax and take a deep breath. Going off half cocked on another member just adds nitro to hte already smoldering embers. "Can't we all just get along?" -Reginald Denny:D

Chris, I think Bigredinohio took it to heart that SNAKEBIT oh I mean Checkthis, was talking down to used boat owners even though his daddy funds his whole operation.

If I am way off I apologize. :sssh:
Matt,

I can't add much more to what I posted above.

If that is what this is about, then let's stop beating around the bush.

As I posted somewhere else around here recently, I take shots from some around here almost everyday and then pay the hosting bill for them to boot. Look at some of the comments in this thread even. How do you think I would feel if I had thin skin?

Most of the crap, I just blow off as "you can't please everyone all the time", even though I still do try.

The truth is, that unfortunately, there is no way we're going to get 7500 plus members together and have everyone agree on everything. Especially when people start talking about politics, racism, religion and other highly charged topics.

And if some are going to get hurt feelings when others disagree with them, or hurt when others post things they don't like, well then I would suggest that's probably a unfixable problem.

-Chris

Anyone like my idea??

If someone has a complaint about someone we should put them in front of the jury. Have a poll on if we should ban that person or not. Then maybe certain people will start to act right.

????

and today's episode of "as the stomache turns"

:sleep:

If the dude bugs ya, ignore him, dudes like that thrive
on the negative reactions, actually feed off of it, so
cut it off and it will go away, he's probably proud of the
uproar this has caused. Don't play into it or you are a part
of it (the problem). That's my take! Ignore it and any
thread they start and post they make and they will fade
away. I am not pointing at one, there are about 5 or 6
and we all know who they are as do they, that are as
guilty if not more so than check this who is no doubt
a stirrer of the pot, some of the crap you guys posted
was over the top even if joking but it was obviously
hateful and racist which is purely juvenile in this day
and age, we are a multi cultural nation, deal with it,
been that way since before most of us were born!
Life is what you make of it. You can't have too many
friends and one enemy is one too many! Lighten up.

You're dead on! :thumb:
Dude, honestly...

Who cares! Don't let it bother you, it's not worth it!

My boat is a '92 for Christ sakes! The seats have holes in 'em!

Anyone can drop some coin on some new hull, what you're doing with yours is something to be truely proud of.

This is like having a cool old muscle car and then some peep drives up in a brand new riceburner with a fartcan on it and he insults you and you actually take it to heart!

Different strokes for different folks! I'd just do a burn out and leave him in your smoke!

-Chris

BTW, I do appreciate ALL the work, money and dedication you do in here Chris. Sorry for busting any chops as I needed to vent regarding this issue.

Dude, honestly...

Who cares! Don't let it bother you, it's not worth it!

My boat is a '92 for Christ sakes! The seats have holes in 'em!

Anyone can drop some coin on some new hull, what you're doing with yours is something to be truely proud of.

This is like having a cool old muscle car and then some peep drives up in a brand new riceburner with a fartcan on it and he insults you and you actually take it to heart!

Different strokes for different folks! I'd just do a burn out and leave him in your smoke!

-Chris

Can I lighten it up a little bit. I'm lookin' to upgrade my ride so I'm sellin' my old Jetmate (see avatar) for the low low price of only $35,000. It's a 72 and in pretty nice shape. Let me know if anyone is interested. I'll be down here, laid back, south of the Mason/Dixon, Glen Burnie, Maryland, sipping an Ice tea.

Luv Bob ;)

BTW, I do appreciate ALL the work, money and dedication you do in here Chris. Sorry for busting any chops as I needed to vent regarding this issue.
No worries brother. It's all good, I'm just trying to put some context to stuff 'tis all. That's why I point out sometimes that I take some bullets here too. :)

As I posted in your restoration thread awhile back, I think what you're doing is great and I appreciate that you're documenting it as it will help others. And at the end of the project, the truth is your boat will be a one of a kind and something to be truely proud of. And personally, I wouldn't let anyone tell you otherwise, or rain on your parade. Screw 'em.

When we started this site, we did so with the single intention of the site being a positive deal for our fellow Checkmate owners. So when the site is seemingly being a negative influence and deal for some, that's is a little frustrating, I'll admit.

-Chris

Is there a way to have a report button on peoples profiles to submit complaints about them. Even with that thought there should be some guidlines. We should all act like adults at first with situations and tell the person to stop doing what he or she is doing then if it continues report it. Maybe a dispute thing like paypal??

How about giving them negative reputation points? How about giving the thread a low rating?

And you can also use the report a post button if you want us to see something. When you hit that button, it sends me a PM and email.

-Chris

Negative point might be a good idea, also if they have too many negatives can it restrict their posting for a time limit?
P.S. This will be a LONG WINTER!!!
How about giving them negative reputation points? How about giving the thread a low rating?

And you can also use the report a post button if you want us to see something. When you hit that button, it sends me a PM and email.

-Chris

Negative point might be a good idea, also if they have too many negatives can it restrict their posting for a time limit?
P.S. This will be a LONG WINTER!!!
Well if nothing else, they will have a big RED greenie instead of a bunch of pretty green and yellow ones.

It's sounds like some of you guys have some work to do. ;)

-Chris

Ok guys, I admit I make lots of political/racist/just plain wrong comments. For me to tone it down is pretty hard, but I am going to try very hard to stick to only boating realted posts.

I have enjoyed this site over the past few years and have made a few friends here. If this becomes too much of a pain in the butt Chris could just shut it down. If that happened, what would I do all winter??

Back