• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

jeff,s enchanter resto

Status
Not open for further replies.

Copy%20of%20Scarab%2010g.jpg

vacuum bagging.... ensures proper layup and eliminates any air bubbles or excess resin.

Jeff , for your type of appllication bagging is really not necessary considering the weight of the fabric which in your case actually would be a waste of time even though bagging can be very useful at times it really is not needed considering you have the boat fliped . Jeff , i think you will find the primer to sand like butter and no need for special Activator's or reducer's other then Acetone & MEKP. ( Catalyst )

Jeff , for your type of appllication bagging is really not necessary considering the weight of the fabric which in your case actually would be a waste of time even though bagging can be very useful at times it really is not needed considering you have the boat fliped . Jeff , i think you will find the primer to sand like butter and no need for special Activator's or reducer's other then Acetone & MEKP. ( Catalyst )

they are sending the catalyst with the primer...easy sanding?...im all for that!

Finished the port side with cloth today....and the damaged nose....the picture of the starboard side is finished and awaiting primer....looks like ill be starting on the finish sand on the rest of the hull and deck ...220 is what my painter asked for....

Attachments

• glass 020.jpg
    glass 020.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 42
  • glass 014.jpg
    glass 014.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 41
  • glass 023.jpg
    glass 023.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 38
Jeff, very coooooooooooooool , and your painter & i think alike considering i always put everything in #220 before paint . Hey bro .....the easy sanding comes after breaking the surface ,and at this point in time the rest should be a walk in the park for you ,and just curious are you doing the actual spraying of the Primer ........and if so the bigger the tip the better which means you will be able to push more material at a faster rate but non the less i will give you a call tomorrow ,and to tell you the truth i actually am very curious (excited) to see what type of gains (mph) you have achieved thru all this hard work .

how are your arms and shoulders holding out? looking good! thinking of doing the bottom of mine this winter.

im good...use to working with my arms....my back is a little sore though :(

it wasnt as bad upside down as i think it could be laying under it..you flippin her?

Jeff, very coooooooooooooool , and your painter & i think alike considering i always put everything in #220 before paint . Hey bro .....the easy sanding comes after breaking the surface ,and at this point in time the rest should be a walk in the park for you ,and just curious are you doing the actual spraying of the Primer ........and if so the bigger the tip the better which means you will be able to push more material at a faster rate but non the less i will give you a call tomorrow ,and to tell you the truth i actually am very curious (excited) to see what type of gains (mph) you have achieved thru all this hard work .

Ya was told to use a #2 or bigger tip....
my painter is spraying it here in my shop...as well as the finish primer and white Imron on the bottom...then when its upright and the deck is reattached he ll spray the dark red in his booth..What do you think of the paint scheme?:poke:

yes i will flip it.not a hard boat to flip only have to remove engine.and its a small boat.i meant next winters project.

BADBK , Bagging is always a good idea and it looks like you used a Venturi for bagging the bottom of that boat or was it an actual Pump ?

Unfortunately that isn't a picture of my handy work. Never bagged a boat, only airplane parts and advanced composites. Was just sayin, instead of babysitting your work until it sets to get it where you want, slap a bag on it, go have a beer, all is well. :cheers:

Jeff , whats going on , and we the people need an update .:poke: ;)

Wow, you sure are a nosy bunch! :lol:...

Heres where were at...sanded with 120 ready for hi-build primer tonight....I will be sanding that on thursday with 320 then hopefully the bottom will get the white Imron paint friday, I would like to flip her back onto the trailer this weekend so I can get the deck reattached by middle of next week...

Attachments

• primer 027.jpg
    primer 027.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 51
  • primer 028.jpg
    primer 028.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 45
  • primer 029.jpg
    primer 029.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 47
Jeff just curious did you get the white primer (714-002 ) and personally i think that trying to sand everything in #320 to get ready for paint is going to be a long road blowing thru a lot of paper in a heartbeat . Just my 2 cents ........................

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back