• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

jeff,s enchanter resto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice speed! How did she handle?
it was a little choppy out there...so good for the conditions...this weekend will be the real test....
I am sure you will be in love with the enchanter. Having had 4 of them now, they all have done nothing weird. No issues with chine walking, at least into upper 70's. And they handle choppy conditions very well considering their size and the dead rise with a pad. :bigthumb:

Jeff, I hope this makes it into the "Restoration Pictorials" section. You did a awesome job but it gets hard sorting through the idle chit chat.

I am sure you will be in love with the enchanter. Having had 4 of them now, they all have done nothing weird. No issues with chine walking, at least into upper 70's. And they handle choppy conditions very well considering their size and the dead rise with a pad. :bigthumb:

Jeff, I hope this makes it into the "Restoration Pictorials" section. You did a awesome job but it gets hard sorting through the idle chit chat.

Jeff once you're done with the resto, I'll clean up the thread and move it over to the Restoration Pictorials. The thread will be locked but people can view it for references. You can also tell me which posts to delete as well. Great job on the restoration!!!:thumb:

Jeff once you're done with the resto, I'll clean up the thread and move it over to the Restoration Pictorials. The thread will be locked but people can view it for references. You can also tell me which posts to delete as well. Great job on the restoration!!!:thumb:

Wow! that is awesome...looks like I have come along way with this community...I ll get a few more finish pictures this weekend and a a few final words... :D

anyone install the PUROLATOR-POSI-FLO-PRO-06SV-ELECTRIC-FUEL-PUMP?

I thought it would shut off at a certain pressure?...this one keeps running when the motor is not...or at least it makes noise?:poke:

I just looked through the specs online and didn't see anything about it shutting off at that pressure.

I just looked through the specs online and didn't see anything about it shutting off at that pressure.

I dont see it either...but i read a post by wildman that says that specific pump does shut off at 4 bls...hmmm...may have to wire it to a momentary switch, dont need it once the mota runnin...

On my OMC when you push the key in it switches a primer in the carbs to squirt some fuel in. I was thinking that if and when I do an electric pump I could wire it through a relay off the wire that activates the primer. If not maybe a button that you have to push and hold in for it to run hidden under the lip of the dash?

Very cool Ballard,
Did you gain any speed out of the whole project? The boat turned out awsome!
Cheers-

I did gain speed....at this point Im still trying to control it....lots of bow lift. I have yet to get the motor trimmed parallel with the pad, I have not had alot of time to get out and when I have its been rough. I need a nice glassy day to let her rip! You can see from the picture, im still not trimmed up and the lift is incredible....

The best thing that came from the "blueprinting/modifications" is cornering...this baby turns on a dime and does not loose prop hold....very cool at 65 to corner, grab and go...

At this point I have not broke 75, however I believe this hull will go faster, just not sure a stock 200hp black max has the power....:mad:

i smell a rebuild or should I say punch out of this motor coming.....More horsepower, same weight...make sense? :D

Thanks again to all for the compliments, confidence and information.....

Jeff, on my I/O enchanter, I ran a 26p 4 blade bravo. I was told by several people it would not work. However, it gave it great handling and the perfect lift. Not sure how it compares to the trophy..... I will say at speed, I like the stern lifting prop and trim as this seemed to evenly lift the boat better than a bow lifting prop. Bow lifting props made the boat uneasy at speeds nearing 80mph+. Just my $.02 :)

Jeff, on my I/O enchanter, I ran a 26p 4 blade bravo. I was told by several people it would not work. However, it gave it great handling and the perfect lift. Not sure how it compares to the trophy..... I will say at speed, I like the stern lifting prop and trim as this seemed to evenly lift the boat better than a bow lifting prop. Bow lifting props made the boat uneasy at speeds nearing 80mph+. Just my $.02 :)

wow didnt know a prop could give me stern lift...i believe that would help...along with more horse power...

the 25 seems right...but i do get more bow lift than i need...was thinking I had too much set back...

Guess this should be a outboard discussion forum question.......

I saw a you tube of a ski boat smaller than mine hitting 80...and stable as hell...check this out...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=jA8r_3gbN7A&feature=endscreen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back