• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

New to me twin outboard 251 Convincor

Congrads to you and your family Kris, may it serve you well! :cheers:

whats the dates for 2016, I might need to get my 2 stroke fix then! breath deep :thumb:

Congrats on the new family member. I have a feeling you're gonna love her.
I've little doubt that Mandy will like the ride better.

Once you go twin.....you'll have a permanent grin!!!:bigthumb:

Mine still is not working perfect but I sure do love the twins. I just launched in heavy current and I was able to spin around and stay out of harms way with more ease than with my Pulsare. #permanent grin

Congratulations Kris:thumb: and more so to Mandy and the kids. If you need help with anything I'm only 45min away. I'm good at burning gas and may be doing a last run on the Delaware this Friday:bigthumb:

Looking forward to catching up with you in a few weeks and we wish you and the family a Happy Thanksgiving:cheers:

Thanks Chuck.
I started working on the fuel system today - replacing lines, replacing filters. Hope to fire the motors up tomorrow off a separate fuel tank. Then I have to clean out the main tank. Depending on how long that takes, I might join you on Friday! :thumb:
I'll keep you posted.

Otherwise I'll see you on the 5th.

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours also.

Congrats Kris!!! :cheers: Now one of these days I am going to have to get back out to the east coast and go for some rides in some of these TWINS!!!! :surf:

Make as far as Detroit and maybe I could help you out sometime?

Might take you up on that Jeff! I want to get back out for the bay bash one of these years soon! Depending on when it is this coming year I might even try to make it then! I have the week of June 13th already scheduled off for a get away of some sorts! Maybe I will luck out and be able to start or finish it with the bash!! :cheers:

Managed to drain 45 gallons to empty the tank in the last few days. Just waiting for a new sender to arrive to hook that all up. Then a full tank of gas (96 gallons!) goes in with a few bottles of Sea Foam.

New lines are already fitted throughout and new fuel/water filters will go in next weekend.

Took the bolsters out and more of the cockpit floor. Next job is to tidy it up with a grinder and cut out the foam before I plan the new deck.

Started to work on some of the 'blemishes' in the hull also. 800 took out everything I tackled except the larger scratches. I'll compound it next to get a good finish.
The boat has been painted in the past, but I have no plans yet to change that at this stage.

Also had a go at the bottom paint with the 800. Comes off quite easily, so just need to buy some elbow grease and get back to it.

Next weekend we're having an end of season dinner with the local Checkmate families.
Mental Note:I need to ensure I sit next to Ramifications so I tap his brain for some renovation info! :sssh:

Back