• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

OPTIMAX PRIME

DAYUM!!!!! That thing is just plain sexy.......Quickly becoming one of my favorite boats on the forum. Keep up the progress!

Glad to see you making progress again! Boat looks great! It sure would be cool to get my 2800, your 2800 and Max's (2tonchevy) 2800 together for a photo shoot!!! My next phase for my 2800 will be building some potent 2.5L powerheads over the winter..

Very nice, great job flying the Checkmate colors.
Noticed you tricked them into thinking your 2800 was 10 feet longer. :cheers:

Must be that sick paint and killer driving. Those pictures of the boat in the air are some of the best Checkmate shots ever posted. The other great ones like that are of the 43 Punisher doing the same thing, so you’re in good company.

Last edited:
The crazy part about the pictures is that they were only a snap shot of time over a few minutes during the 30min run. It got even more hairy at times flying out over the water covering a distance of 50-100ft off the bigger swells before touching down again. The adrenaline was in overload and after 20 min of crazy seat time it felt almost normal.

Knarloid (Irish Kris as I refer to him as) gave me the support and confidence to push the limits even as he was nearing the back seat due to bolster seat screw loss:eyecrazy:

In some of the shots you can see him holding on to my bolster for extra support. I at least had the steering wheel:D

This Checkmate is truly a work of performance in action that started with the the original and re crafted first by Bravo 1 and several other members on this site to make it the best it could be:thumb:

One of those bucket list items I can chisel off;)

Attachments

• 2800 poker run air 1.jpg
    2800 poker run air 1.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 50
  • 2800 poker run air 2.jpg
    2800 poker run air 2.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 45
  • 2800 poker run air 3.jpg
    2800 poker run air 3.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 44
Back