• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

RIP RNGRDVE

jjg

It is with deep sadness and a heavy heart that I wanted to inform our Checkmate family one of our long time members has past. Godspeed Dave, and my condolences to his wonderful wife Karen. So sorry for your loss.

Attachments

• 31406D14-7DFF-43FE-B879-2FBB4E787DD6.jpeg
    31406D14-7DFF-43FE-B879-2FBB4E787DD6.jpeg
    155.4 KB · Views: 38
My condolences to his wife and family. Never met him but always knew he was one of the good guys by reading his posts on this forum.

Dave was a good friend, we met originally on this forum, and in person when I came for the rally at LC the first time, we hit it off immediately, even tho we live 30 hours away from each other we became very close, my wife visited them to attend a pink concert with Karen and then a boat weekend with them, they came and spent 2 weeks with us in Canada at our cabin, we went to Vegas together, they invited my family and I into their home for a week before we went to the LC rally together the last time, my son was 8 at the time and was so proud to Drive Dave’s 253, he was a very good friend and I will miss him, still doesn’t feel real.

So sorry to hear, met him at the last Rally on Cumberland and he worked close to my house, what happened??

Wow, that is sad news to wake up to this morning. I never met Dave in person but always enjoyed reading his posts and our PMed conversations over the years. Like Sonics31 said, ‘Rngrdve’ was one of the good guys! I can’t imagine what his wife and young family are going thru right, now.

Will someone link his obituary when it comes out?

God Bless-

RIP Dave and deepest condolences to Karen and the boys.. Dave was one of the best and will be greatly missed. I also met him threw this forum and ended up spending weekends on Lake Norris and Cumberland with him and Karen. They took me in on the 253 as if I was one of the family!

I just found out about Dave on FB. I had the pleasure of meeting him and his wife in Ohio while visiting Brian ( yellowfiero88). My condolences to Karen and their boys. RIP Dave.

Terrible news, condolences to his family. Dave was one of the best for sure. We never met personally but had many nice private conversations thanks to this site. He’ll be sorely missed!

Wow I met Dave and Karen on a Checkmate rally in Lake Cumberland my wife and I had a great time with them. We have been following their progress in creating a family and we're so proud of him because we knew that they were good people and good things happen around good people. Dave was a lot of fun every time we got together. The reason I'm posting this here is because this is where I first made contact with him. I also have friends from here that I've known for at least 7 years we lost a really good one there. Godspeed and rest in peace brother.

Reactions: jjg
Wow.

So shocking, so sad.

My thoughts and prayers go out to his family.

-Chris

Not what I wanted to see tonight. It really hits home when it's a guy you have met. Spent many hours bsing with and stirring the pot with on here. This is really sad. He was way to young and had a young family. Dave would work his day job and then go mow grass for a few more hours to get that checkmate he was so proud of.
Rip Dave

Horrible news, I hope his Family can find peace. This reminds me of another wonderful member we lost from this sight. I will miss Dave's post like I miss SIM's

Dave was a fantastic guy, as well as a fantastic father and friend. He will be greatly missed. We too have enjoyed many get togethers with him and Karen along with countless hours of phone calls and internet BSing. He was one of those guys that struck an instant great friendship with and is truly a loss to the community let alone his new family. May you forever be boating in heaven buddy.

It is with deep sadness and a heavy heart that I wanted to inform our Checkmate family one of our long time members has past. Godspeed Dave, and my condolences to his wonderful wife Karen. So sorry for your loss.

RIP Dave and deepest condolences to Karen and the boys.. Dave was a good friend of mine and he will be missed by many. We talked on the phone, pm’s and emails where I helped Dave with his Checkmate. I really enjoyed helping Dave and I will miss him. Sincerely Sammie from Action Marine

Attachments

• actionmarine2-2.jpg
    actionmarine2-2.jpg
    568.7 KB · Views: 8
Back