• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Statue Of Liberty Checkmate Photoshoot

sim

Now that Chesapeake Mates is organizing it's get-together for summer I'm thinkin' it's time to start getting in order for a showing in front of Lady Liberty in the spring.
Whatcha'all thinking?
Wouldn't even have to be a full tooth-cracking Manhattan run. (34 miles around)
Easy launch from Jersey, New York and 5-8 minutes from the dock.
Show up and smile. Or more.

:bigthumb:

3816732496_7abc56a028_m.jpg

Count me in!!

Anyone have that oriental couples phone number so we can have them take the photos again?

How much practice to ensure we can do the multi boat flyby properly this time? :rof:

Reactions: sim
Indeed. Can I assume that means yes? Or does it have something to do with triumphant bird bombs?

Count me in!!

Anyone have that oriental couples phone number so we can have them take the photos again?

How much practice to ensure we can do the multi boat flyby properly this time? :rof:
I think I've actually got that guys (I think Joe was his name) e-mail somewhere. I wouldn't count on him but I think we do need to recruit a photographer with a platform of sorts.
This is going to be an even tougher flyby than the Delaware. As you'll recall there's a lot of boat traffic, big swells, huge wakes and lot's of security in the area.
We've got a while to think it out. I'll start working on the diagram.

i would like to be part of Sims photo shoot, im only a novice at formation boating around a large statue.

Why do you have to wait until the end of May. :confused:

I head north on April 15th. and that leaves me out! :shakehead:

There goes all the fun! :brickwall:

The 2nd Saturday and Sunday or 8,9 June, I have a fighting chance of making. Having said that, the "Boss" may veto this trip. But at least I have a window of opportunity on those dates as school will be out and business conflicts don't exist.

Ok, now we are talkin. I have to get the boat ready in March to
take it up in April. So I could be ready.

Where do you guys pu in? I use to put in at the Edgewater ramp lust
under the GW Bridge back in the 70's.

We've been putting in at Liberty State Park. Ticks all the boxes for parking and launching and there's a diner across the street if we want to grab something after.

Last edited:
We've been putting in at Liberty State Park. Ticks all the boxes for parking and launching and there's a diner across the street if we want to grab something after.
It's also a little closer south for the Jersey guys, keeps you out of GW bridge traffic, starts you out in protected waters and is practically on top of Lady Liberty and Ellis Island.

Liberty State Park sounds good to me. A shorter trip from Cape May.

When I was a kid I had a 10' plywood boat with a 30hp Johnson and kept it in the Hackensack River in Hackensack. I guess I was 14 at the time.
I got a hair in my butt filled 2 of my 6 gallon tanks and head down river.
Wanted to go around the Lady. Made my way to Newark Bay, around the tip of Bayonne thru the Kill and out into the harbor.
Well, I got around the Lady and could not get back into the Kill fast enough. That water was just a little too much for an overpowerd 10' boat.

Ahh, to be young and foolish. Sometimes I wonder why I am still alive. :shakehead:

Back