• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

This Is What Happens When You Play "Follow The Leader" With No Depthfinder

For those of you that don't waste your time with FB:

20150525_121408_zpsryu63gee.jpg

20150525_121422_zpsah9uisdd.jpg

Don't leave your boat I'm the water even for a night. I switched to a different marina because the guy at the old one was being a pain in the ass with accessing the ramp so I went to the one next door. Usually the beater boat would have been in the slip but since it wasn't in yet and the weather was nice I figured "why not?" Well this is why not. LOL!

Oh no, My heart skipped a beat with an accompanying queasy stomach. A bad word escaped too. You must not know who is responsible in that I haven't heard anything concerning a Bail Bondsman.

Uuuuugh....

The tide pics make me cringe, but at least it wasn't harmful. Atc, that makes me wince in pain. But, since we're posting sob stories/pics...here ya go...found a rock a with the Ranger this weekend. Damn it.

20150522_123849_zpsjhyxdede.jpg

The tide pics make me cringe, but at least it wasn't harmful. Atc, that makes me wince in pain. But, since we're posting sob stories/pics...here ya go...found a rock a with the Ranger this weekend. Damn it.
Ouch! I did the same to my stainless 4blade. Gotta send it out for repair tomorrow.
Man, boats on this site took a real beating this past weekend.
But not as bad as Johns poor Liner. Those pictures hurt just to see.
Knowing John It'll look good as new in a few weeks.

Guy who did it is a stand up person, boat is already at the only place in the northeast I would trust for this job and his insurance is already on the case. Adirondack Romp is a week from today, it should be in a usable state by then and may have to be brought back to the shop for the gel work afterwards. It's red blending isn't really an option. The whole side will need to be done.

atc sorry to hear about you cm. glad to see you guys and hang out. I enjoyed myself, learned how to play rugby, got tuned up, made the wife drive me around in the boat the rest of the night while I chilled in the back seat with my kids, then she put it on the trailer and then she towed it home, and even pulled the boat into 5 or so small parking lots trying to find my drunk ass a pizza place that was open.

Hey ATc, I'm not on FB....how did the guy damage your boat?
Hope it gets fixed back to 100%!
Good luck-

Thanks. Should be done soon. Check is on the way from the guy's insurance and the boat is at what I consider the best glass shop in the northeast if not the country.

Somehow a guy who docks his pontoon 2 slips from me ended up sideways and into the side of my boat. I wasn't there but that's what people I know who witnessed it said. He seems to be a good guy and is very apologetic. Luckily his insurance company is very good and wasted no time.

Back