• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

"TOP SECRET CHECKMATE" PIC'S

Big Red

ALL THE POST BELOW ARE RANDOM PICS I AM NOT IMPLING ANYTHING OR ACCUSING ANYONE IN ANY SHAPE OR FORM OF DOING NO WRONG ENJOY

First pics 2008 Checkmate ZT 240

zty.jpg

FD.jpg

SECOND PICS BAJA 1999 H2X BOSS

99m.jpg

99s.jpg

99b.jpg

wza.jpg

Last edited:
THIS PICK IS OFF THE NEW OFFICAL CHECKMATE WEBSITE IT IS A SHOT OF THEM WORKING ON A HULL.

IT LOOKS TO ME THAT HULL SAYS H2 BUT MY EYES ARE NOT WHAT THEY USED TO BE

jg.jpg

wtg.jpg

AND LETS NOT FORGET THE POST THAT CAME FROM TEAMBAJA

1 TEAMBAJAMARINE
* Webmaster / Founder *

City: Freeport

State: New York
Year: 2004 Baja
Model: 30 Outlaw SSE
TBM Member # 1

Checkmate the new Baja?
Something very interesting crossed my desk yesterday and I dont have confirmation yet, however I "heard" Checkmate has "aquired" the molds of the Baja H2X, A mid size Islander and the 342. Story goes, on the way to the dump site where the molds were to be destroyed, the driver took a left instead of a right.
24.gif
It would appear that Faction did not know this driver.
24.gif

In honour of this occasion, I wrote this little song for y'all. :D

It's sort-of a splash of another little ditty that was popular a few years ago.

Hopefully you won't recognize it. ;)

They see me floatin'
They hatin'
Patrollin'
They tryin' to catch me floatin dirty
Tryin' to catch me floatin' dirty
My music so loud
I'm swangin'
They hopin'
That they gon' catch me floatin dirty
Tryin' to catch me floatin' dirty...

Sorry guys
I would have had the pics on Tuesday but they still had shrink wrap on all the boats except the new fishing boat.

And I was in a hurry taking pics so this is all I got. I will tell you one thing if you want a center console fishing boat that new Checkmate looks good. Pics should be up Thursday or Friday of the new CC.

I just dont how somebody can think that New Checkmate looks better than a orginal Combs ZT or Convincor

Last edited:
Love the avatar Red.......We bought checkmates for a reason....to NOT have a baja and be like everybody else......and wave as we fly by them.

Sorry guys

I just dont how somebody can think that New Checkmate looks better than a orginal Combs ZT or Convincor

That is not a new Checkmate, it is CLEARLY a Baja!!! I had a 2003 Checkmate ZT 240, that was clearly a CHECKMATE!!!

All I can say is oh chit !!!! here we go....guess doug is going back to his roots....seems as if checkmate will become another baja....glad i have a original.....thanks Red for your investigating....Rob

Pretty sad!!!!! I wonder if they have the nice caulking joint around the perimeter of the cockpit/cuddy divider like Baja did……yuck……and they suck performance-wise too. The H2X with a 496HO can barely run 70, and that’s a fact. They are everywhere around here where I do my boating.

They are slowly convincing me to not buy Checkmate anymore

-Craig

WOW!!!

I actually expected to see the Checkmate look completely different from the BAJA.

I WAS WRONG GUYS........I AM TRULY SORRY!:cheers:

Glad I bought a 2100 last year, because things appear to be changing.

HD

:popcorn::popcorn:

bajamate

Checkmate the new "ME TOO boat"......

What a disappointment. In my part of the world, I'm one of the only checkmates on the lake, lots of baja's though. I hope not to see the b-mate on the lake anytime soon. I absolutely love the clean classic lines of a c-mate. Why laurd why?

well that pretty much ruined my day.......now i guess i have to say i own a bajamate....guess i'll stick with my 88' for now :(

WOW! Lots of mixed fellings about this. I am a true Checkmate fanatic. I will not own and drive anything else! My biggest problem with the Baja's has always been there quality. If you remember, they started out with Checkmate molds. They have just never had the quality of a Checkmate. As for this new so called B-mate, I think we need to look past the long rivalry between these 2 company's. The fact is, there are people out the who like C-mates but not Baja's and people who would buy a Baja and not a Checkmate. Now with that being said and our economy in the shape it's in, why not try to capture a share of the market that you otherwise would never have had, except with a better quality product with some extra sales that could help keep our favorite boat builder afloat. The comment was made that the CC fishing boat was a good looking rig, well it is also a Baja. There are alot of boat company's that are closing shop and I don't want Checkmate to be one of them. Besides, with the Checkmate graphics, the new ZT is not that bad looking. No it doesn't look like a Checkmate, but it is not suppose to. As for performance, it may not be as fast as a true Checkmate, but again, this boat is aimed at the people who were looking to buy a low quality over priced Baja and not a quality built Checkmate. Everyone likes somehting different. Now the people who liked the looks of the Baja can have there cake and eat it too! LONG LIVE CHACKMATE! boatman:cheers: p.s. be easy on me guys:rof:

Reactions: JW
what an ugly boat :pissed: The bajas always had an overstyled look to me like trying to be a spaceship not to mention some of the cheesiest graphics of all time, I hate it, even with some cool checkmate style graphics it screams overdone and overweight:mad:

Back