• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Tri-mate 2 over haul.

Very true.
The starboard interior panel in completed complete with cup holder, the port has the foam glued to it and is waiting for vinyl. The hot foot mount is glassed down.
Still working on coming up with a mount for the front seat backs. Been a bit of trial and error.
Once all that is done I will get the carpet laid down and start the rigging. I did not want to lay in the glass.lol I am thinking I will run the interior this summer and then next year have the 4 side panel done by someone that has a clue. Found out that unless you sew in the corners, they look funny no matter how you stretch or fold that stuff.:brickwall:
Just got back to working day shift. Worked the 9:30 pm - 7:30 am shift since the begining of December. Just could not get motivated working that shift. Sucks the life out of ya. I will get some pictures when we get home tonight.

Well I have come to the conclusion that I really suck at making interior panels.:brickwall: Really not happy with the way they came out. But you know what? They are going to stay like that for the summer. Then this winter I will have them done by someone with a sewing machine and a clue.

Spent the last few days getting the OB hose rigging kit installed. As with everything on this boat the trend continues. It all has to be modified. Most of the trouble was the plastic ends that mount to the cowl. Seems they only make them for the new cowls. Baa humbug, I will make them work. Since the racing cowl has space to cut a hole, I made that happen. Then came the trouble of mounting the hose mount to the lower pan. This is where the fun began as the cowl has to fit in front of the hose parts. There is not a lot left of the original parts as they have been sanded and massaged down to about half of there former glory. Still have to pick up some different mounting screws and make a gasket for the fitting in the splash well. Not sure about the hose length, may be a bit long. Better to start long and take off a bit at a time then have to buy more.
OBhosekit5-6-072.jpg
OBhosekit5-6-07.jpg

Gus the new hose kit looks angry :thumb: As always good job, you do nice work! Are you planning on splashing it this summer?????
Thanks Fred

Not yet. Its been crazy busy around here the last 3 weekends. Getting out to the garage for some quality time is getting very hard. Its driving me nuts.:brickwall:

Hey 175 Checkmate I've been watching this thread since I joined this Forum
& just thought it was time to chime in.
You should be very proud of the work you've done. Don't get discourged about that vinyl work. Boats are tough. Even top notch upolhstry guy's
get po'd. I can also relate to the work deal sucking the energy out of ya.

All the little details are a killer just getting everything in a pile is half the work.
Keep your head up you've got her apoligizing to you now. :thumb:

I completely agree with him it is vary hard to find perfect customs upholstery in any type of vehicle car boat truck bike there usually is going to be a flaw some where. But most of the time the people that put it together are the only ones that know about it since your the one that cares the most.

Right on guys. I agree. The problem with this project is everything is new. From the shifter to the cables and everything in-between. The fun part is everything has to be fabricated, this is also the painful part. :cheers

how many years has this project been? Looks awesome, I hope it all works out for you! But what happens if the pad doesn't perform well???

how many years has this project been? Looks awesome, I hope it all works out for you! But what happens if the pad doesn't perform well???

Duane, the pad is either going to work and I will be in the mid 80's or I will look really good going 40.
Its going to take a bit of testing and set up to see if it works. The project has been ongoing for about as long as this board has been around. I believe its a bit over 4 years.

Why isnt this boat in the water yet!!!!:yell: :irked:

hehe
j/k Gus, I know things always come up unexpected..

Any updates though??Have you mounted the wheel yet?

Back