• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Tri-mate 2 over haul.

After seeing all the holes drilled in and through the transom, I vowed to only drill the 4 holes for the jack plate. The splash well drain will dump out the bottom (as shown) the water will then tie into the overboard discharge line from the bilge pump. There will be a check valve in the line to keep the water from back flowing into the pump. The discharge is the starboard side rear.

Look what I found in the corner of the garage. Looks much better sitting back there. All I need now is to find some 150 decals. I also added the checkmate decals. Only had them for 3 years. LOLOL Still have to get the other vents back from a buddy, he was powder coating them.
motorrigged10-10-06.jpg
motorrigged10-10-062.jpg
motorrigged10-10-063.jpg

motorrigged10-10-064.jpg

wizard8575 said:
are you using the old windshield or are you getting a new tinted one made. that what im going to do for mine.
He cut a few inches out of the old one.

Looking good Gus!!!!:thumb:

wizard8575 said:
are you using the old windshield or are you getting a new tinted one made. that what I'm going to do for mine.

I am using the factory windshield, but like everything on this boat I customized it a bit. I took 6" of height out and painted the frames black.
The modded one on the right.
6-30-06windshieldframeblack.jpg

windshield6-25-05.jpg

aww come on you know some black tinted ones will look really good with your black and yellow theme there is a place here by me that can make exact replicas of any molded plexi or lexan in tinted none tinted or even colored

wizard8575 said:
aww come on you know some black tinted ones will look really good with your black and yellow theme there is a place here by me that can make exact replicas of any molded plexi or lexan in tinted none tinted or even colored
Really lets have the info.

ok ok i will give up my connection if i must lol its cool here they are
Soroc Products
Address: G4349 S Dort Hwy, Burton, MI 48529 Phone:(810) 743-2660

gee Gus, i was admiring your pics and noticed that the trailer doesn't do the boat justice anymore - is that going to get painted yellow too? just what you need another make work project!

The trailer looks a bit out of place now. I think that will be next winter's project. I have a gal. of yellow left.

Picked up the foam for the interior parts should be interesting.

Broke the plastic off the roll of vinyl today. Very nice stuff. Started with the window supports. Painted the frames black and covered the wood with the vinyl. Should look good as the frames will cover the staples. Also found the great invention called an electric stapler. Oh BABY. POWER TOOLS ARE COOL. Life is much better now. I decided to do these 1st, once done I can mount the windshield.

think that's cool, try an air stapler, that's how we did all our vinyl at one of the places i worked at - very, very cool! the only thing was we had to buy our stainless staples in 10000 lots about 2 years supply.

Gotta love air tools. I looked at the air stapler, just about got one, but there was a major price difference. Once the boat is done it may be awhile before I have to use it again. I may have to look for a powered rivet gun as the rub rail has to go on. Only about a 100 rivets. Good hand workout.:drool:

Spent the afternoon putting the rub rail back on. 127 3/16's aluminum rivets and the blister to prove it. Got the black insert in and found out that it must have shrunk about 6" during the last 3 years. I will have to work on that. Also completed the first interior part. Its the support for the passenger side dash. Going to mount the windshield on that side tomorrow.
Rubrail10-21-06.jpg
Rubrail10-21-062.jpg

Firstinteriorpart10-21-06.jpg

Back