• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Tri-mate 2 over haul.

Is Spring 2007 the year Gus?? 55 pages, and you're still going strong :thumb: And I'm on my 4th boat since you started this project LOL!!!:rof:

Is Spring 2007 the year Gus?? 55 pages, and you're still going strong :thumb: And I'm on my 4th boat since you started this project LOL!!!:rof:
Thats funny stuff. Soaking up the last few days of warm weather. Then the nast cold stuff will set in and then the garage will feel good.

Not kidding! When you started, I was driving the Pulsare. Then I got the Glastron I/O, then I got the Four Winns OB and the Hydrostream Viper OB. And now I'm serously considering peddling the Fourwinns ultimate tubing boat and picking up another used Pulsare BR................So hurry up and get that bumble bee finished before I make it 5!!!:rof:

Not kidding! When you started, I was driving the Pulsare. Then I got the Glastron I/O, then I got the Four Winns OB and the Hydrostream Viper OB. And now I'm serously considering peddling the Fourwinns ultimate tubing boat and picking up another used Pulsare BR................So hurry up and get that bumble bee finished before I make it 5!!!:rof:

I am planning on holding off until you get a Pulsare again. Then we will have come full circle. Then the race would be fun.:bigthumb:

Its looking great, you must have a very patient wife as well as son. I hope ya get it all wrapped up before hes out of the house and lose the cheap labor. lol, When are ya thinking shell hit the water? Aaron

Spent the morning getting the window seals back in to the channels. That was just to much fun for words. Test fit to the boat and as luck (mine anyways) would have it. One side fits great, the other is going to need to have to modification done to it. It just does not sit right. Ah the joy.

Spent the morning getting the window seals back in to the channels. That was just to much fun for words. Test fit to the boat and as luck (mine anyways) would have it. One side fits great, the other is going to need to have to modification done to it. It just does not sit right. Ah the joy.
Aw, remember you was upside down when you first modified them.

Hurry up Gus! I'm eye-balling an SS2000 right now......Pulsare #2 might have to wait a year or two....................

Finally got some time to work on the boat. Got the side pads finished on the front. Back panels are soaking up resin, and a little added bling where the gaping stereo hole was.

Sidepads2-13-07.jpg
sidepads2-13-072.jpg
Sidepannel2-13-07.jpg
Grabhandle2-13-07.jpg

Fantastic job 175!!! I just read through all 56 pages. Don't lose heart! You can have that baby ready for the water this spring! I hope that pad works out for you. Keep up the good work!!!

Thanks Jonny, Its been a love hate relationship. LOL. I have said before, the pad with ether work, or I will look real good going 40.LOLOLOL

Gus, great looking boat. I'm doing the same project as you, just not as extravigent. What size (height) side pads did you put on the front half. They look smaller then factory and not as bulky. Keep up the great work, the end is near. You have surely inspired alot of us.

The front side pads are about 6" tall. The ones that where there before just looked to big. So I scaled them back a bit. They still hit all three of the mounting points where the old one where.

Just checked out most of this thread. All I can say Gus is WOW!!! I hope my restore turns out as well. I have the same mindset as you do. Take the time to do it right. What brand of paint did you use?
Dennis

Back