• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Tri-mate 2 over haul.

It looks great Gus. :thumb:

Maybe we should create a gallery category and upload all your pics into it. It would probably make a nice little section on it's own. :)

Let me know if you want me to whip it together and I'll let you upload them and put descriptions in for them etc.

-Chris

That would be cool. I still have most of the build pictures.

That would be cool. I still have most of the build pictures.

You have earned it Guss.... you have given me a lot of idea's and lots of support to get things going and I'm thankful ;) .. ( I just wanted you to know and every one on this site to know this site is Awesome ) I hope some of my boats I paint will look as good as yours now I have a garage watch out I'm gonna start fabricating ~smiles~ Guss you Chris and Coop have brought out the best in me ( Again THANK YOU )

This just in, 175 has had his boat in the water, he is just messing with all of us

2974304_119_full.jpg

:rof::rof::rof::rof:

LOL your welcome! I figured you guys would get a kick out of that. It took longer to post the pic than to do the shop on it. That is the extent of my photo shop skills! BTW, even the sun was happy the boat was outside :D

Boat is really looking good Gus, I wish mine was this far along :drool:

Awsome!!!!!!!!

You have earned it Guss.... you have given me a lot of idea's and lots of support to get things going and I'm thankful ;) .. ( I just wanted you to know and every one on this site to know this site is Awesome ) I hope some of my boats I paint will look as good as yours now I have a garage watch out I'm gonna start fabricating ~smiles~ Guss you Chris and Coop have brought out the best in me ( Again THANK YOU )

Hey Guss your welcome , like I said earlier you got me fired up lol. I'm going over to Coopers in the next 3 weeks when we can work out the time to pick up some parts. ( I will be working on 3 boat projects in the next year to see how my custom skills can apply, since I'm not a wiz with the computer I'll load all the pics on Disc and send the checkmate gods to post for me ;) 1st priority is to get back to work lol. ( Guss I'd like to meet up sometime and check out your Sexy Trimate wow she looks brand new ) Again thanks
I know at times projects can get over whelming so ( take a deep breath step back and admire what you have done.... don't look at the little thing that has you pissed.... Look at the project as WOW it used to look like * bleck * and now it's way cool and about done :) )

I can't wait to hear how she runs out on the lake :) . I'm holding off putting mine in the water this year till I get all the stuff on it I want~ all the bling ~ I just added a prop that I hope works out. ~ Guss you ever need another hull let me know, I bought Coop's project X~ I hope to have my shop up and running in the next 2 months..

Any new pics of how the finished boat looks ??

News flash.......Boat spends time in the sun. Needed to clean out the shop a bit. Decided to pull the boat out and clean all the dust off. Needed to get all the glass dust out of the inside so I can lay carpet this winter.

I can say only one thing ~ WOW~, the boat looks AWESOME :) .... ( I have to save for a pole barn before I can rework mine to many ahead of her )

* Plus lay off status slows the cash flow to a stop :( *

boat looks amazing..great job...but i am a little pissed i just read through 70 pages and didnt even get to see a pic of it on the water....lol jk....keep us posted cause we are all waiting :thumb:

Thanks for the comments. The bad news is all the toys are in sitting status. 1st half of the year has been a nightmare. Work has been non stop, then to top it all off the company we are contracted to for maintenance on locomotives just terminated our contract for money reasons. So wed June 16 I will be unemployed. Looking for another job now, oh the joy. Have a bunch of side work set up ranging from boats to bikes. Looks like I will have time to finish the mate. LOL

wow I was afraid I was going to have mine done before you but there may be hope yet.
Thanks for the comments. The bad news is all the toys are in sitting status. 1st half of the year has been a nightmare. Work has been non stop, then to top it all off the company we are contracted to for maintenance on locomotives just terminated our contract for money reasons. So wed June 16 I will be unemployed. Looking for another job now, oh the joy. Have a bunch of side work set up ranging from boats to bikes. Looks like I will have time to finish the mate. LOL

Gus keep the good work up... I have been laid off since feb ( no jobs in the area it seams ) but I'm stubborn and doing a little here and a little there.. I can't wait to see how your boat handles on the water.
I'm putting a pad on my 1979 Trimate next month -- I dug the Trimate I got from Cooper out of the weeds today and I'm building the pad on that hull 1st to see how I like it. ~ thumbs up to your great work brother.. :)

Back