• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

What do you pull your checkmate with??

Was looking for a truck just like Hacks, but ended up settling for a smoking deal on a (smaller?) truck:

Attachments

• FF58FD72-3B9A-422D-8EEB-074097B99363.jpg
    FF58FD72-3B9A-422D-8EEB-074097B99363.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 37
I desperately needed a V8 to pull the 2800sx and the Nissan Armada has been great:bigthumb:

hz4_vOyiQpqMABE_MSNOkHKQf6wLBEXLGhGOteqnMk23_e5omhl-fyO2zSZ8IFgjVqtDz7uo3qIgQgFZ2RiiqZ5PzbxKQwOOMQsscS2bprVEMq-6XnL0KKuBwKMHUI24qToOHtF0BSWCXeujXepbADprsQzch-EjB2aH2C7MIAGnsRHwRMqn1Y7GTlD_L5ro4bcZ0J9AJJTH8dIeCTulklTdnuBwkNqi0qPRsvIL7UeZYVPMicV9s-XEp99z7FfAWVd4vRXa9kTHJf9lHox3x0vvQfL9HNI_jj1uadkYpxsOJ2slrYroQm0yR4UAF6nGfYNalImHOK8kj_rcGM5gGuP-L6lmPkZ-NNO15I15_-1EARjrR0l09OJYFlk4AQYlBMNubCCJF719RGMVskHrLCLVyT6DcK6fONDAxJ-VwDB4eh4ZLq3xNgSl1ma-AwcAAVRlnlk6lpfiyN2-BLyq4RFHXlS7tw703glByCP06bLY_qOqquCdNxxqtle8freQ5wYOnK07yrM66EaxmwA8OzD4x1OAMOCt71fuZ2HgB96byo5-9GUrD_QHJBHchFYgP3vA2EFmBz6-d2xcTMh0px0-5jdqlxTQRdAzJAKg=w2064-h1161-no

Attachments

• Nissan Armada Tow 2800sx.jpg
    Nissan Armada Tow 2800sx.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 31
Was looking for a truck just like Hack's, but ended up settling for a smoking deal on a (smaller?) truck:

Good looking truck!

The Colorado is actually a bit bigger (in some ways) than my Sierra regular cab/standard box.

My Sierra reg cab/standard box has 119" wheelbase and 205.6" overall length.
The Colorado CC/short box has 128.3" wheelbase and 212.7" overall length.

My Sierra has a turning radius of 40.0'
The Colorado CC/short box is 41.3'

And the 5.3 sounds a LOT better with a cat back system ;)

I like it so far. I drive 60 miles round trip to work, and driving carefully I average over 26 mpg on the computer. 3.42 gears, 8-speed automatic behind the 3.6.

Just took delivery on Friday. 2018 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE, Regular Cab, Standard Box. 4x4, Z71, 5.3L, 3.42 axles, and every option I could get on that model:

UAUd7oVP3NR8Jmw?width=660&height=371&cropmode=none.jpg

Throw a Hypertech chip in it and love it even more. Light truck like that would absolutely boogie! Hell, I was impressed with my 2015 double cab. Added the hypertech tuner, set to premium fuel, and took shift points all the way up (+500 rpm) and shift firmness to 50% (100% is insane harsh and will bark the tires when it shifts for reference...i tried it. 75% was fun/happy medium but too much for my heavy towing).

If yours has the yellow gas cap, add e85 and HP increases by about 30 as well. Mine was not e85 compliant so I couldn't do that, but still was impressive.

And the 5.3 sounds a LOT better with a cat back system ;)

I like it so far. I drive 60 miles round trip to work, and driving carefully I average over 26 mpg on the computer. 3.42 gears, 8-speed automatic behind the 3.6.
I almost sprung for the Borla Touring cat back. Decided that a grand was too much to spend. May still get added in the future.

The first tank of gas, I averaged 25 mpg (on the dash computer) for the tank. Combination of city/interstate driving. Which is about 9-10 mpg better than my 2002 Blazer with the 4.3L did. If I can keep it at 55-65 mph, the mpg is fabulous. All that starts to fade once I'm above 65 mph or something is on the hitch ball...

I really considered getting either a Colorado or Canyon (I wanted the diesel), but my son talked me out of it. The short wheelbase of the Sierra I have made it easy to get the boat and pontoon into the driveway without driving up over the neighbor's grass. And for the most part, it's just me in the cab.

Throw a Hypertech chip in it and love it even more.

If yours has the yellow gas cap, add e85 and HP increases by about 30 as well. Mine was not e85 compliant so I couldn't do that, but still was impressive.
I've looked into the chips, but that'll have to wait until the basic warranty is done. I didn't opt for the E85 option. But some of the chips will allow for a 92-93 tune.

The nice thing about chips and tuners is you don't have to wait for warranty to end. Just return to stock when taking in for repairs.

The nice thing about chips and tuners is you don't have to wait for warranty to end. Just return to stock when taking in for repairs.
Hmmmm..... From what I've read the dealers can see if the PCM has been reflashed. If they can't then that's a game changer.

I almost sprung for the Borla Touring cat back. Decided that a grand was too much to spend. May still get added in the future.

The first tank of gas, I averaged 25 mpg (on the dash computer) for the tank. Combination of city/interstate driving. Which is about 9-10 mpg better than my 2002 Blazer with the 4.3L did. If I can keep it at 55-65 mph, the mpg is fabulous. All that starts to fade once I'm above 65 mph or something is on the hitch ball...

I really considered getting either a Colorado or Canyon (I wanted the diesel), but my son talked me out of it. The short wheelbase of the Sierra I have made it easy to get the boat and pontoon into the driveway without driving up over the neighbor's grass. And for the most part, it's just me in the cab.

I've looked into the chips, but that'll have to wait until the basic warranty is done. I didn't opt for the E85 option. But some of the chips will allow for a 92-93 tune.

I had my tuner in from about 3,000 miles on till I recently turned the truck in early. If it needed to go back for updates, I returned it to stock. Had updates/recall software installed a couple times and never an issue. Mine was a lease truck as well. I also pulled 14,000 lbs with it on the weekends and my salesman knew it.....they didn't care. Other than the recall software updates, that truck was flawless and never had an issue.

I had my hypertech set on premium performance tune. did see usually +2 mpg across the board on it so in my mind it mostly offset price difference for premium fuel.

The factory exhaust is actually quite decent to where the aftermarket exhaust systems don't add enough to justify their cost. Only thing you will gain is the sound really, which is itself almost worth it.

What does make a decent gain is a K&N filter in the stock box and they also sell a revised intake tube that improves the piece between the stock box and throttle body. That I'd probably spring for if I was keeping it a while.

That could be a really fun truck with a tuner and bolt-on performance stuff.....light and nimble.

Hmmmm..... From what I've read the dealers can see if the PCM has been reflashed. If they can't then that's a game changer.

If I remember correctly handeld Tuners don't perform a full reflash. I don't think it stores the data.

I put a K&N kit on my 15 250 and although it did help mileage, the noise when running hills towing drives me nuts. Don’t get me wrong, I love loud exhaust but with the intake being basically in your face is a bit annoying.

I put a K&N kit on my 15 250 and although it did help mileage, the noise when running hills towing drives me nuts. Don’t get me wrong, I love loud exhaust but with the intake being basically in your face is a bit annoying.

Yea a lot of times the aftermarket does not put the development into their parts like the OEM does, here an instance of unwanted NVH (whistle). The OEM boxes and tubes are specifically designed to prevent that, which sometimes hampers flow as well. Always a trade-off.

I've always been able to get within 2-4 dyno HP of the full aftermarket intakes by dropping a K&N filter in the stock box, then drilling a few 1-2" holes in the bottom of the stock box (pre-filter side) to allow more air to enter, as the factory fenderwell intake was a bit small sometimes. Wasn't worth the extra $300 for that little bit of HP usually.

F150 XLT FX4 Sport is the latest. Brought it home day before thanksgiving. Haven’t hooked it to a trailer yet, and we haven’t had any sun to take a decent pic.

Attachments

• 6E51718F-5855-4BB5-BC4A-0A4149B6E35C.jpg
    6E51718F-5855-4BB5-BC4A-0A4149B6E35C.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 12
Back