• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

CHECKMATE OWNERS RALLY 2011

I am going to start cleaning the boat up tomorrow and take it out this weekend to do some final adjustments and to make sure everything is g2g (good to go). My wife and I plan on heading down friday about 5 o'clock. We are planning on putting in at the dam and staying around there over night on the boat:lol:. Hows the dock at the dam? I have a roller trailer and I like ti dock where I can back in right beside the dock so I can just walk it off the trailer. Thanks for the info ahead of time and I am getting excited all ready :banana:

There is one dock that you can back next to at the dam. I use it because my gf can't run the truck or boat and I prefer to load by hand.

I normally try to swing the boat outta the way on the other side when its busy (shouldn't be a prob at night).. somtimes during the day, its busy enough with people dropping off and picking up passengers by boat that I'll just leave it on the ramp side and park the truck.

I'll probably be crashing at state dock now. Damn slide out on the camper formed a leak over the winter. Pulled the cover off to find the whole inside has a nice thin coating of mold on it. Nice considering it's only 5 years old. So will be sleeping on the boat!!

Last edited:
Hey Nick. I just saw your post about needing a place to stay on land Friday night. You are more than welcome to crash at Mom and Dads. We are gonna be down Thursday night. Gotta do some little things to the boat Friday and I plan on trailering down to the dam Saturday morning. I can help ya drop your boat in that way too. Just let me know!!!

One stipulation though....you have to leave your pillow in the boat......which will be parked at the end of the road....:D

Where is a good place to sleep at around the dam . I am having a good sized detailed map of the lake printed off so we don't get lost. Lol

Where is a good place to sleep at around the dam . I am having a good sized detailed map of the lake printed off so we don't get lost. Lol

Their are several of us sleeping on the boat by the dam. Or where ever we might end up that night. Dont worry you will see us and you can sleep where we do.

Some what plans for some of us Friday hang around dam area anchor out and sleep on boat. Saturday night sleep on boat at state dock.

Ok thanks red. I am hoping to get there around 9. I will just look for you all and just as soon as I drop the anchor I am going to start drinking some Jimmy Buffet Land Shark :drool:. I am so freaking excited:bounce:.

Anyone going to be there in a smaller boat? Not trying to be difficult but I don't think there's enough room to sleep on this little boat and would like to know if anyone else is camping on land? Could someone hook me up with some info?

Corey, I'll take you up on that offer... not making any promises about the pillow though.. or the boat:D

I'll call down about a slip at State Dock and see what they have available for Saturday since most of us will be there... I'll be sleeping in the middle of the floor on my boat Sat night with some help from PBR.

edit: Just called State Dock and they don't have any covered slips available.. bummer:(. They have uncovered..

not able to make it, we are in Niagara Falls NY then headed to wifes mama's in Lake George then to ME for lobster, then on to MA to pick up my new to me snowmobile, then to home in NC. maybe next year.

Anyone going to be there in a smaller boat? Not trying to be difficult but I don't think there's enough room to sleep on this little boat and would like to know if anyone else is camping on land? Could someone hook me up with some info?
Mike, call me if you need more info but we will be staying at conley bottom. Its first come first serve on the camp sites. If I know you are coming, we will grab a extra site for you! I am going down thursday afternoon. LMK:thumb:

I'd like to get a head count.
PM me with a "going to make it" or "might make it" and I will keep a running tally of who is coming! I have had a lot of people asking who is going to be there, and its hard to say. This does not hold you to coming but just kind of gives us an ideal of the number!

Going to make it! :banana:
yellowfiero88
lcboater
corey331
ndainels
Ross
big red
check253
tjindy
gimmie fuel
bigredinohio
jjg
Horseplay1
Evans213
Dogschool
Drewman

Might make it :confused:
DropTop5.0
Kunkels Marine
Hudy the Goat!

Will Checkmate make a showing??:thumb:

Last edited:
Corey, I'll take you up on that offer... not making any promises about the pillow though.. or the boat:D

I'll call down about a slip at State Dock and see what they have available for Saturday since most of us will be there... I'll be sleeping in the middle of the floor on my boat Sat night with some help from PBR.

edit: Just called State Dock and they don't have any covered slips available.. bummer:(. They have uncovered..

Try Grider. They have plenty covered slips and are close to the dam !!!

http://www.griderhillmarina.com/

I like State Dock and covered slips because of electricity and the shelter. I was down there last year under one while it was pouring rain, really glad I had a covered slip that evening.

I also don't mind staying anchoring out in a cove Sat- cheaper and I'm trying to be cheap this year! Miss out on the great dock party, though.

Back