• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Enforcer Paint Resto

CMP170,

The boat looks great! I really like the Checkmate on the deck!

I hope to see some in water pics soon!!!

Thanks for sharing.

HD

CMP170,

The boat looks great! I really like the Checkmate on the deck!

I hope to see some in water pics soon!!!

Thanks for sharing.

HD

Thanks!!! I'm hoping to get water shots by April. I've got alot to do before putting it in the water!!! I really like the CM logo on deck as well, it's a nice touch on a old boat. When Brian and I were working on the color scheme he suggested that. I told him what I was thinking then mixed his ideas with mine. I wanted to mix old school with new school, using the body lines to achieve that. I think it turned out great!!!

I pulled the boat out today so I could wash it down and start water sanding. I sanded the transom area to see which grit will minimize the amount of the buffing.:rolleyes: I used 1500 grit then 3M HD rubbing compound follow by mirror glaze no.7. I'll start on the deck and work my way down since that's the hardest part to sand and buff. Also I'll use 1000 grit, 1500 and then 2000 before buffing. Here's a few pictures.

Attachments

• DSCN3088.jpg
    DSCN3088.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 42
  • DSCN3089.jpg
    DSCN3089.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 78
  • DSCN3090.jpg
    DSCN3090.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 41
A few more before the sanding begins..

Attachments

• DSCN3091.jpg
    DSCN3091.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 31
  • DSCN3092.jpg
    DSCN3092.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 35
  • DSCN3093.jpg
    DSCN3093.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 31
Great job you guys but time for a set of gauges :thumb:

That's next on the to do list!!! I want to update the cockpit area, new gauges, pull the monkey fur lining from underneath the deck, add led lights in the cuddy, rebuild those walls/dividers that separates the cockpit from the cuddy and the list goes on. :bigthumb:

CMP,

I am sure you stated it somewhere in this GREAT thread, but what are the plans for the vinyl (short and long term)?

Do you plan on doing some updating to it as well or is it in good shape and out of the budget/schedule for now?

Again, great work.

HD

Brian, Robbie you guys did a awsome job !!!! boats looks great !!!! and the term for the checkmate logos you used is a spray mask, we have been doing them for years for custom painters for cars, trucks, bikes, boats and even planes !!

The more I look at the pics, the more I like it. I cant wait to see it all back together and in the water. Great job guys.

My only question is...... Did you pop the windshield up there yet to see how it looks?? :D

I should do that...... eventually!! My main focus is getting the boat water sanded and buff, kinda got tunnel vision going on at the moment.:eyecrazy: I'll try to get a shot with windshield sitting up there. Hell I'm curious now!!!! Plus I have to many irons in the fire at once, so I'm trying to complete one at the time!!! Also need to order the T-bolts as well. So much to do, so little time!!!:brickwall:

CMP,

I am sure you stated it somewhere in this GREAT thread, but what are the plans for the vinyl (short and long term)?

Do you plan on doing some updating to it as well or is it in good shape and out of the budget/schedule for now?

Again, great work.

HD

The interior/vinyl is still in great shape, looks like it was replaced about 3 yrs ago. So I'll hold off on that for now, but would like new interior from CM. :thumb: I should just buy a new boat instead of updating this one, however I hate payments and I wouldn't have anything to work on.....:D

robbie-brian, i just read this thread from start to finish....WOW! what a great job to you both:thumb: i really like the "checkmate" on the deck of the boat:cheers: i cant wait to see this thing in the water:drool: keep up the good work:bigthumb:

Stop by one Sat boat looks even better in person....Great job guys! Brian when you ready to redo the blue on mine? lol.... wait! need to get cracking on the floor first...want that done by spring....

Any new pics of the progress??

Not yet!!! Slow going right now. We're working OT plus I work out of town.:( I was hoping for the first of March to be finished. This Friday I'll try to get the water sanding done. My son's birthday is Saturday so working on the boat is out of the question at least for 1/2 day.:devil:I'm also working on the boat trailer I got from YF, ordered a new axle for it should be here Friday. I'll post some pictures of that later.

Back