• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Tri-mate 2 over haul.

The chrome foot would be very cool. Its a must have on a jet boat. I don't know if I have room. Its getting a bit tight down there. LOL

glad you are getting some work done, i can't find the deck of my boat right now - its under 2 feet of snow!

Was sitting in the 170 yesterday thinking about a hot foot. Decided to stick with the stock throttle/shifter for now. With only 135 horses, I'm surprised it's got dual cable steering. Certainly don't need a hot foot yet!

Jim, I saw that it had duel cable. Nice option.
My Foot throttle is already a lefty. Did not take long to get the hang of it.

Need to post some pictures. Mounted the shifter, switch plate, and gages on Sat.

Here are the pic's.
I mounted the tack just a bit to the right of center, the GPS will mount just on the left. Worked out well.

Attachments

• 1-8-2008.jpg
    1-8-2008.jpg
    152 KB · Views: 76
  • 1-8-2008 2.jpg
    1-8-2008 2.jpg
    139.7 KB · Views: 83
BP, Thanks for the kind words. Its getting there slowly.
Have to look for a hub assy for the spitfire wheel. I think I have every other hub but that one.:brickwall:

Just received the T-bolts in the mail to lock the windshield down. I have been looking for them since I took the windshield off. Have not done anything new on the the boat. I have had the garage full of other peoples problem auto's. Its been nice to see my garage making a bit of money, rather that me spending it.:D

this is like a soap opera for boaters. i cant wait to see how this boat runs on the pad and strikes you made, you gotta get her done awsome work

Spent the day getting the windshield on both sides to sit right. Installed the new T-bolts that came in the mail. Lock's it down a lot better than what I had in there.
As you know I chopped about 6" out of the windshield and then racked it back. The problem with that was the port side did not rack back as far as the starboard. Still pondering that one. Anyway I mounted the window to the hull, then drilled out all the rivets holding the plexiglass in. Some time spent with the jig saw and I got both sides to fit well. Re-installed the plexy and went to work on the center brace. After cutting the bar down about 4" I installed it.
So 4 hours later and some sore hands the windshield is done.

Attachments

• windshield 2-1-08.jpg
    windshield 2-1-08.jpg
    148 KB · Views: 104
  • windshield 2-1-08 2.jpg
    windshield 2-1-08 2.jpg
    152.1 KB · Views: 114
175 looking good, that black mota looks great against that yellow. Thanks for the resto fix:thumb:

There are days that I would love to take a match to this project. Oh and today is one of those days.
Originally the boat came with a 13' steering cable. When I went to duel cable I bought 15' figuring on the jack plate. Well with the original configuration with the cable coming through the splash well 15' worked great.
Since I don't have that hole anymore and was rigging the cable from the outside edge of the starboard corner the 15' will not work. No way, no how. AHHHHHHHHHH
So its off to search for a longer cable.

Well after doing a search to the replacement cables I need I have come to the conclusion. I will rig a different way using what I have. I can't believe the price of the cables. They must be solid gold, titanium, carbon fiber with diamond inlays. DAM.
Looks like i will be adding a set of hull vents to cover the hole I made in the deck.

175 instead of using hull vents can you get/use a rubber boot/goumet big enough to cover the hole? Just an idea if their is such a thing.:confused:

Back