• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

100+ MPH CHECKMATES 100+ SPEED (Nominations)

It should be noted that zero of what I said was untrue (Read: zero BS). The BS must have come from somewhere else. I know, I know, BR your true concern is for the integrity of the thread and site. There's the BS. Posting a mug shot adds to integrity? Its called piling on and/or cheap shot. Same goes to all congradulating/thanking Br for the cheap shot, ahem, I mean 'research'.

I stated my reasons for little info--which are valid. My witness and gps IMO were enough. I guess there is another pic on S&F somewhere. Note: if links to other sites are required for proof, what happens if this is the first site? Doh.

Well, on with the thread...remember: guilty until proven innocent...no wait...I got that wrong! Also remember the golden rule: If you can kick a man when he's down...you betcha!

I think the make of the boat was a bayliner*, that's why I posted it on a checkmate site. DOH! I was crazed to learn the checkmate site is for checkmates. Go figure.

*BR, "You could not even tell me what make the boat was."

msmile........ seriously!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!????

let it go, ive about heard enough of this!!!

better yet, start your own thread, title it "msmile's offical BS thread" and the people who care to read it can, then the people who want to read about some sweet boats have the oppertunity too!!! without all the bs and put-downs, that dont ever seem to end.

It should be noted that zero of what I said was untrue (Read: zero BS). The BS must have come from somewhere else. I know, I know, BR your true concern is for the integrity of the thread and site. There's the BS. Posting a mug shot adds to integrity? Its called piling on and/or cheap shot. Same goes to all congradulating/thanking Br for the cheap shot, ahem, I mean 'research'.

I stated my reasons for little info--which are valid. My witness and gps IMO were enough. I guess there is another pic on S&F somewhere. Note: if links to other sites are required for proof, what happens if this is the first site? Doh.

Well, on with the thread...remember: guilty until proven innocent...no wait...I got that wrong! Also remember the golden rule: If you can kick a man when he's down...you betcha!

Msmile
I had about enough of your crap. If you would have posted a pic of the boat and the radar run stats that somebody else had to did up for you with the guys name that would have been good enough for the thread.

But no you just where mouthing off about a fast boat with no pics, radar run stats, or links to other sites.

I dont care if my post was a cheap shot or not its the truth and the only link I could find with a picture of the boat and the guys name linking it to the 102 radar run stats.

Next time get off your lazy can and do your own homework. What do you want me to say I'm sorry for wanting proof that the boat went 100+ well its not going to happen captain. Yes I will admit you where telling the truth but you failed to back your story and made others do it for you.

action-smiley-081.gif

o.k......... i get it now, sorry it only took me 7 pages to figure it out!!!!!

this is what you have to do-

my boat ran(and yes i said mine!) 102mph last time i woke up...here is the pic-
boat.jpg

oh i forgot it was behind the mopar in my dodge:poke:

bs meter.gif

that one was for you big red:cheers:

Give the man a break guys, I think he was only trying to preserve his friend from enduring more scrutiny via the World Wide Web.

I don't think he was being lazy either, he led me right to where the results were in one of his posts. Like I said he was just trying to "do the right thing", and it backfired (as "doing the right thing" often does).

I am the first one to bust b a l l s, but this thread is starting to remind me of a bad thread on another popular boating site that I frequent.

MSMILE, just my opinion, but calling a long standing Supporting Member unkind names hasn't helped things.

Sorry, :offtopic: . Let the bashing continue.

:popcorn::cheers:

Hdaddy-
In response to your last post I consider the flap closed. Thanks for the defense. Just remember this truism: At Baja, "Speed changes you."--I never understood that slogan and still don't. Now there was this 13 foot checkmate that ran 127...

BR--
I did call you a name in an earlier post. I used poor judgement. I am not a grammarian but 'impugn' is a verb and not a noun/name. Either way, I used poor judgment.

Last edited:
User name Viper 1

1980 Enchanter 466ci twin turbo 119mph

The Action Marine 466 CI Duel Turbo Charged Big Block Chevy Produced 896 HP at 6000 with 17 LB'S of Boost. My Enchanter would Run 105 MPH Trimmed all the way against the Transom and It Would Run 119 MPH Trimmed out on my Custom Built Keller Calibrated Racing Speedometer With Out the use of My Nitrous Oxide. I used the Nitrous Oxide in a couple of Seconds Shot's ONLY Out of the Hole to get My Enchanter on Top Quickly.

User name Viper 1

Here is My 1990 22 ft Checkmate Vision Warrior. I Ordered a Blank Hull From My Dear Friend Bill Combs at Checkmate, With Checkmates Race Boat Lay up and a Blue-Printed Bottom and Standard Checkmate Seats. This was the Last Super Boat that I Built at Action Marine before Closing my Business down and Retiring in June 1, 1990 at 42 years old. I Installed My Action Marine All Aluminum 540 CI EFI, Duel Turbo Charged with Intercooler, Adjustable Boost Waste Gates, into my Vision. This Racing Motor Developed 1152 HP at 6250 RPM on 18 LB's of Boost. I Installed a Experimental Mercruser, 5 inch Shorter Super SpeedMaster Outdrive with Mercury's Extension Box. I was Testing this Experimental Racing Mercruser for my Friends at Mercury Hi-Performance Engineering. The Vision had K-Plane Trim Tabs and Dual Hydraulic Steering. My Checkmate Vision Warrior got the Very Best of Everything that Money Could Buy and with All My Dear Friends at Mercury Hi-Performance Engineering and with all there Help, This was a Great Test Package for All of Us to work with. I Dialed in My 22 ft Checkmate Vision Warrior at Mercury's Lake X Test Site and I Ran 131.62 MPH. A Big Thank You to all My Friends at Mercury,Bill Combs, Bob Latham, and all My Other Manufactures that Helped Me Make My Checkmate Vision Warrior what it was and for all There Help Throughout Action Marines Hi-

Wow that was alot of bs to read threw to see a half dozen sweet boats. Check253 can be added to the list!!

About time Viper1

was wondering when i would see something from you viper1. What this post should be about is people who OWN or BUILT a 100MPH boat!!! Who gives a rat a@@ if some one saw one!!!! I can see one every time I turn on power boat racing on TV. Every one sounds like a bunch of high school kids who read a book about fast boats then think they know it all. Put up or Shut up. Of all the threads here there is only one guy who built drove and can prove 100MPH in his own boat. couple of his own boats actually. there ore pics some place on this site that has them and his history. SO IF I MAY BOW AT HIS FEET thank you very much, Viper1!!!! I have to say I just got into the checkmate scene a year ago. and love it very much have met a few other check owners on the river lake etc. and have a great time comparing notes. But Viper1 is by far the nicest most knowledgeable and kindest of them all. thanks for all your help!!!!!!! And he is a builder, driver and racer/winner of 100MPH checks and then some.

was wondering when i would see something from you viper1. What this post should be about is people who OWN or BUILT a 100MPH boat!!! Who gives a rat a@@ if some one saw one!!!! I can see one every time I turn on power boat racing on TV. Every one sounds like a bunch of high school kids who read a book about fast boats then think they know it all. Put up or Shut up. Of all the threads here there is only one guy who built drove and can prove 100MPH in his own boat. couple of his own boats actually. there ore pics some place on this site that has them and his history. SO IF I MAY BOW AT HIS FEET thank you very much, Viper1!!!! I have to say I just got into the checkmate scene a year ago. and love it very much have met a few other check owners on the river lake etc. and have a great time comparing notes. But Viper1 is by far the nicest most knowledgeable and kindest of them all. thanks for all your help!!!!!!! And he is a builder, driver and racer/winner of 100MPH checks and then some.
Well have you built or own one? I sure hope so cause you just opened a big door for the crap to flow!! Good luck and I hope you can put up:eyecrazy:

Thats what this thread was all about tring to gather all the Checkmates that have clicked the 100 mark. And yes as normal in any on going thread bs will get started.

But I am the final say on who's boat gets put into the 100 club in the Gallery.

Their is a lot of BS in this thread and I will make another one. :bigthumb:

But Viper1 is by far the nicest most knowledgeable and kindest of them all. thanks for all your help!!!!!!! And he is a builder, driver and racer/winner of 100MPH checks and then some.
Never Met Viper1 but I have met Check253 several times and talked to Jason Kunkel several times. Both have built their own setups and both are very kind and knowledgeable. I must say I have not met someone off here that is not or is a prick.......yet! Altho no one ever met Check This!!!:thumb:

Back