• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Enforcer Paint Resto

Yeah for now I'm traveling the east coast but soon i will be leaving the borders....not sure where yet....How you been holding together since your last surgery?

Man... Maybe its just me, but it doesnt look that bad. Get a few more coats on it.... And everything I have read about brightside is---WAIT, it will look better in a couple hours.

PS- IF you decide to go ahead and do a base/clear.. Be careful with the interlux pre-kote and brightside. I thought I read somewhere that going over it with other products will cause it to fail on you?

Man... Maybe its just me, but it doesnt look that bad. Get a few more coats on it.... And everything I have read about brightside is---WAIT, it will look better in a couple hours.

PS- IF you decide to go ahead and do a base/clear.. Be careful with the interlux pre-kote and brightside. I thought I read somewhere that going over it with other products will cause it to fail on you?

The pictures make it look better than in person, what the camera isn't picking up are some runs and where I wiped the boat down prior to spraying. I'll probably sand all the Interlux products off, talking with Brian we'll use an epoxy primer for the base/clear application.

Thats no good, bunch of time and money out the window, but I guess thats how ya learn sometimes. On the bright side, you talked YF into painting it for you, should turn out nice.

Thats no good, bunch of time and money out the window, but I guess thats how ya learn sometimes. On the bright side, you talked YF into painting it for you, should turn out nice.

LOL!! My wife said the same thing!!! I'm sure it's something simple that I overlooked and thankfully YF is headed this way to get it right for me. :thumb: I had most of the supplies, however I bought $100.00 worth of paint and ended buying more sandpaper. For sanding the boat down was about a day and 1/2 day to take it apart. After all this is over I'll have some lessons learned for the DIYer.

I picked up most of the supplies today to spray the boat with automotive paint instead of Interlux products. The person that mixes the paint doesn't work the weekends so I'll stop by this week to get the base colors. :rolleyes:I'll be using dupont products this time. Brian will stop by on the way back from Orlando to help squirt the boat this weekend coming.:thumb: Hopefully I'll have the boat sanded down and ready by the time he gets to Charleston. Hopefully it's a matter of taping, sanding and spraying, well if it's that easy a caveman can do it right!!! I'll have plenty of pictures.:D

Take Two

So here we go again!!! I got all of the Interlux paint and primer sanded off the boat yesterday. Today with Brians (YF) help we got the boat taped up, blown down, wipe off. Then let YF worked his magic with the spray gun!!! YF primed the boat and added a guide coat for sanding. For you guys following we used dupont products this time. The first few pictures are of us horsing around, you gotta have red hand prints on the a$$!!! Then actual pictures of the boat.:D

Attachments

• DSCN2884.jpg
    DSCN2884.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 52
  • DSCN2885.jpg
    DSCN2885.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 52
  • DSCN2886.jpg
    DSCN2886.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:
more pictures

Attachments

• DSCN2891.jpg
    DSCN2891.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 40
  • DSCN2892.jpg
    DSCN2892.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 48
  • DSCN2893.jpg
    DSCN2893.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 44
pictures

Attachments

• DSCN2896.jpg
    DSCN2896.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 42
  • DSCN2895.jpg
    DSCN2895.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 44
  • DSCN2894.jpg
    DSCN2894.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 44
few more

Attachments

• DSCN2901.jpg
    DSCN2901.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 40
  • DSCN2902.jpg
    DSCN2902.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 39
  • DSCN2903.jpg
    DSCN2903.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 43
the last few

Attachments

• DSCN2911.jpg
    DSCN2911.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 43
  • DSCN2912.jpg
    DSCN2912.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 40
  • DSCN2913.jpg
    DSCN2913.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 41
Been waiting to hear how it went today. Didnt know if it was too cool to spray or not. Only got to low 50s if that in this part of the state.

Been waiting to hear how it went today. Didnt know if it was too cool to spray or not. Only got to low 50s if that in this part of the state.

The same here today, but was warm enough to spray. We got the color scheme worked out but will be a couple of weeks before that happens. I'll still have the colors red, white and black.:thumb:

Back