• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Enforcer Paint Resto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you planning on putting the windshield back on or leaving it off??

I'm putting it back on, gotta call Mike @CM to get the t-bolts snapped two of them off. I've got the frames repainted black along with black tint.:thumb:

Here's before and after pictures. I think the blacked out windshield will look good since we painted the bump black.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• DSCN2197.jpg
    DSCN2197.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 14
  • DSCN3026.jpg
    DSCN3026.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 12
Here's before and after pictures. I think the blacked out windshield will look good since we painted the bump black.

lookin real nice! i like that you broke it up a bit with the white.

from a distance the windshield might appear larger with the black below it but it will still look great

lookin real nice! i like that you broke it up a bit with the white.

from a distance the windshield might appear larger with the black below it but it will still look great

Brain and I was tossing around the idea of cutting the windsheild down so that it's a lower profile. I was also thinking of leaving it off, we'll see how it looks once the windsheild is on.:D Got to many ideas in my head!!!!:D After the bottom was painted we walked around the boat tossing out ideas on the top layout, came away with what you see. Orginally we were gonna do white down the middle, thought it was much with the white CM logos.

i know how you feel about too many ideas! been tryin to find the "right boat" for how long now? lol i say leave it alone and put it back on. it's short enough the way it is

It really turned out great. I am being overly picky as I never had to buff the green boat. There is a minor amount of peel on the lower due to the compressor not keeping enough air volume to run the gun. Robbie got his arm twisted to buy one for the second spray. The top turned out great with one minimum dirt considering it was sprayed outside on sand floor carport :O I can say doing this damn near killed me physically. I will say its going to be a couple days of laying in bed to recover.

I like the idea of removing 1/3 of the height from the windshield but Robbie needs to see what it looks like stock.

I want to learn how to spray flake :D

What size/hp were you using that couldn't keep up to that little bit of paint?

South Dakota, April/May, gametime! :bigthumb:

A small Hitachi air compressor 2.5 hp, 5.2 SCFM @90 psi 4 gal tank. The base coat went on well, it was the clear coat that Brian was having trouble with. That air compressor works well with single stage paints.

Robbie, looking good guy ,and to tell you the truth i always like working with Base Coat / Clear Coat just for the pure fact it can be very foregiving at times . :bigthumb:

I pulled the boat out today so I could wash it down and start water sanding. I sanded the transom area to see which grit will minimize the amount of the buffing.:rolleyes: I used 1500 grit then 3M HD rubbing compound follow by mirror glaze no.7. I'll start on the deck and work my way down since that's the hardest part to sand and buff. Also I'll use 1000 grit, 1500 and then 2000 before buffing. Here's a few pictures.

Attachments

• DSCN3088.jpg
    DSCN3088.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 58
  • DSCN3089.jpg
    DSCN3089.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 52
  • DSCN3090.jpg
    DSCN3090.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 55
A few more before the sanding begins..

Attachments

• DSCN3091.jpg
    DSCN3091.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 34
  • DSCN3092.jpg
    DSCN3092.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 34
  • DSCN3093.jpg
    DSCN3093.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 39
Brian, Robbie you guys did a awsome job !!!! boats looks great !!!! and the term for the checkmate logos you used is a spray mask, we have been doing them for years for custom painters for cars, trucks, bikes, boats and even planes !!

My only question is...... Did you pop the windshield up there yet to see how it looks?? :D

I should do that...... eventually!! My main focus is getting the boat water sanded and buff, kinda got tunnel vision going on at the moment.:eyecrazy: I'll try to get a shot with windshield sitting up there. Hell I'm curious now!!!! Plus I have to many irons in the fire at once, so I'm trying to complete one at the time!!! Also need to order the T-bolts as well. So much to do, so little time!!!:brickwall:

Gonna set the windshield in morning long enough to take pictures then start water sanding!!!!!:D I gotta get sippyrat off my back!!! :poke: I'll post them up mid morning!!!:cheers: Oh the T-bolts showed up today as well!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back