• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

89 Starliner Factory Refirb

Now here's a clear picture of a Starflite/Starliner bottom that shows the steps in the hull, the steps in the strake, the notch in the transom and the padded-v keel!

Sam19_zpsyymd0ys0.jpg

Thats an earlier version, the last couple years they had a 2nd step about 6 inches in front of the transom. (or at least mine did, it was a 92) or it had to do with the height of the transom 22" vs 24"

It'll be nice to say you own a NEW 27 year old boat! :popcorn:

Lookin great Sam. Glad to see you restore a sweetheart of a hull design.

your going to be a proud man out on the water. :bigthumb:

It'll be nice to say you own a NEW 27 year old boat! :popcorn:

Lookin great Sam. Glad to see you restore a sweetheart of a hull design.

your going to be a proud man out on the water. :bigthumb:

Ya but can you imagine what he is going to be like if he is docking in a stiff breeze with a chop and rubs the dock the wrong way:yell::pissed:

or better yet if a "helpful" person on the dock fends his boat off for him with their gritty shoe and scratches the paint:brickwall::yell::pissed:

Yeah...safe to say I'll be a little "concerned" about what's happening around me. BUT, it's a boat...can't let it turn into something not fun or negative. Although the first time my black lab jumps on the front deck uninvited I may have to shoot him.

Ya but can you imagine what he is going to be like if he is docking in a stiff breeze with a chop and rubs the dock the wrong way:yell::pissed:

or better yet if a "helpful" person on the dock fends his boat off for him with their gritty shoe and scratches the paint:brickwall::yell::pissed:

No, I can't imagine that! Let's just say I don't want to be a witness to that degradation. Having a nightmare in the daytime is the worst.

Sam, you will need a group of armed guards when you take the Liner out! :thumb:

Something on Facebook about a gel coat technician passing yesterday. I have no details. Kenny Putnam?

I talked to Dean Reynolds today. I wasn't going to post up about it until they had some information regarding memorials and arrangements. Family is still getting into town through the week. Sad deal.

Back