• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

100 MPH PULSARE?

Hey claupie im runnng 14" of setback and a 29 pitch prop. Ran 89.1 but was flooding motor with fuel. I now have a new regulator on it but trying to find a day to do some testing. 40's is a bit cold for me. Should be in the 90's somewhere I hope. We tested with a regulator a week ago and it woke the motor right up so I know there is more left. Didnt make a speed pass because I couldnt get the cowl on the way the regulator was (put on at ramp). Will post new results when I get them.:cheers

What make is your prop ??
Had mine to 90,but on the speedo,not GPS..(maybe 82 gps ???)
Just put it in storage for this winter..will be next spring when i experiment again..I will probably invest in a hydro jack...
Keep us posted on your new results..
Thanx
Pierre

Ok...being that you guys are putting your boats away for the winter and I'm down here in FL where I can boat all year long.....if you DONATE the money ($$$$$) to "Simonize" my 3.0 225 to 345hp, buy a Stainless Marine "Special" outboard 7.5" setback bracket (they have a negative tuck and welded water diverter) and 4" Gorilla Jackplate, buy a Sea Star Pro Allison Ram for my hyd. steering, buy a lab finished DAH Chopper 30; I'll donate my boat and driving skills to break the 100 mph barrier!!!!:bigthumb::D I'll remove my (Playpen) bow pads, ski-locker doors, passenger seat, gear/anchor, and get her done!!!!!:thumb: My boat, now built with Mantex Stringers, no foam under the floor, floor bonded to the stringers from the inside, no false plywood drainage floor under the fuel tank, etc (boat is lighter by 150-200 lbs and rock solid), no bow rails (less wind resistance/turbulance), would be the Pulsare to hit tripple digits!!!:thumb: PM me and I'll tell you where to mail DONATIONS!!!!!:banana:

Last edited:
The Pulsare 2000 was mentioned earlier in this thread. I took my 225efi off of a 2100 and put on a 2000 with exact same set up and same prop. It was 2mph faster on the ole gps. But the 2mph was not worth the difference in handling. At w.o.t. the 2000 was a little hairy if you got into some chop. boatman

What were the advantages of the new bottom over the Starflite?

The Starflite bottom was a shallow V with a very small step in the bottom. The step is designed to draw air under the bottom thereby reducing the friction of the hull as it moves through the water. (hydrodynamic physics will suck the hull down in the water while at the same time physical speed is trying to break the hull free of the water to allow it to ride on "top"). The step will create turbulance to release the hull from the water..kind of like riding on ball bearings of air bubbles..The shallow V of the Starflite hull is not very good at handling rough choppy water...they tend to "slap" through chop and boat wakes. The Pulsare hull is a moderate V (19 degree deadrise) with a raised "pad" or flat 6" section of bottom and lifting strakes that carry all the way aft. The deeper V allows the hull to "cleve" the water for a smoother ride in the chop. The full strakes help lift the hull on top of the water until it reaches a point where the only thing touching the water is the raised "pad" bottom..thereby reducing the wetted surface, relieving the friction between hull and water and allowing the hull to "fly" on the pad. Hope it's not too confusing!!!:bigthumb:

I would take a big sledge hammer and knock that egg beater off the back of the boat and drop a big block in it. Just my 02
cool-smiley-027.gif
That's MY BOY BIG RED!!! With a SUPERCHARGER!!!!!!!

Anyone knows this guy?

Well I think you do, but he ran just over 100 mph with his 21ft Stingray.
A special small block over 600 hp and modified sterndrive will do the trick.
But I guess the Stingray hull is not the fastest otherwise he would not put his boat up for sale. (B.T.W. he bought a Velocity!)
So I think the Pulsare hull will run over 100 mls with the same combi.

Anyone knows this guy?
attachment.php

Well I think you do, but he ran just over 100 mph with his 21ft Stingray.
A special small block over 600 hp and modified sterndrive will do the trick.
But I guess the Stingray hull is not the fastest otherwise he would not put his boat up for sale. (B.T.W. he bought a Velocity!)
So I think the Pulsare hull will run over 100 mls with the same combi.

No it`s not me.
But some one on this forum said to get rid of the outboard and put a bigblock in it.

So, I only know that this guy went over 100 mls with his combination.
(22 ft Stingray hull, small block and modified Alfha sterndrive)
I also know he is "less" famous on the other boards ( not only S&F), like you said.

I know his motor has over 600 hp, so you really need a strong assemble
to pass the 100 miles barrier!

He sold his Stingray hull to get more speed out of his motor by getting a Velocity hull (with the pad).

No it`s not me.
But some one on this forum said to get rid of the outboard and put a bigblock in it.

So, I only know that this guy went over 100 mls with his combination.
(22 ft Stingray hull, small block and modified Alfha sterndrive)
I also know he is "less" famous on the other boards ( not only S&F), like you said.

I know his motor has over 600 hp, so you really need a strong assemble
to pass the 100 miles barrier!

He sold his Stingray hull to get more speed out of his motor by getting a Velocity hull (with the pad).

:offtopic: This thread isn't a comparison to other boats...it's simply a setup thread on how to achieve the goal of 100 mph in a Checkmate Pulsare 2100 with an outboard motor. We know there are other outboard powered boats in the 21-22' range that have achieved tripple digits...most of them stripped out or race built "light" layups. There are many 20+ foot V hulls such as Allison S2000's, Allison GS's, Hydrostream Venoms, Valero's, Vegas's, etc that have achieved tripple digits..but they are by far lighter and smaller in size than the Checkmate Pulsare and could never handle the type of water a Pulsare can plow through. So, getting the thread back on track...what would it take to make a Pulsare 2100 "pleasure" boat run 100+ MPH??? I know it can be done....I just don't think enough people have had the chance to dial one in. The Progressions 22's, Superboats 21's etc. have got a long headstart vs. the Pulsare which went into production in 1994. It's just been the last few years that guys have been hanging 300X's/300xs's on Pulsares. With enough setback, prop, steering, and horsepower, etc., someone is bound to make it happen.;)

:offtopic: This thread isn't a comparison to other boats...it's simply a setup thread on how to achieve the goal of 100 mph in a Checkmate Pulsare 2100 with an outboard motor. We know there are other outboard powered boats in the 21-22' range that have achieved tripple digits...most of them stripped out or race built "light" layups. There are many 20+ foot V hulls such as Allison S2000's, Allison GS's, Hydrostream Venoms, Valero's, Vegas's, etc that have achieved tripple digits..but they are by far lighter and smaller in size than the Checkmate Pulsare and could never handle the type of water a Pulsare can plow through. So, getting the thread back on track...what would it take to make a Pulsare 2100 "pleasure" boat run 100+ MPH??? I know it can be done....I just don't think enough people have had the chance to dial one in. The Progressions 22's, Superboats 21's etc. have got a long headstart vs. the Pulsare which went into production in 1994. It's just been the last few years that guys have been hanging 300X's/300xs's on Pulsares. With enough setback, prop, steering, and horsepower, etc., someone is bound to make it happen.;)

Thank goodness someone spoke up.

I really don't want to deal with twenty (20) pages of the crap that was generated on other sites over that instigator.

Back ON TOPIC...I think 375-400HP with 18" of setback and a 30P-32P large dia. prop will be the combo to make it happen.

Oh yeah, you will have to get that motor way up with a nice slider & off-set bracket.

HD

Back