• Welcome to the Checkmate Community Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access to our other FREE features.
    By joining our free community you will be able to:

» Interact with over 10,000 Checkmate Fanatics from around the world!
    » Post topics and messages
    » Post and view photos
    » Communicate privately with other members
    » Access our extensive gallery of old Checkmate brochures located in our Media Gallery
    » Browse the various pictures in our Checkmate photo gallery

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support by clicking here or by using the"contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

25 centerconsole

i really like your project and want to see the outcome! looks really cool:thumb:

Ross, hop in the Ole' Dodge and head this way, you could run your boat in the dirty water and stop by to check out this build, drinks on me.

now we are getting somewhere

549423_380042742029709_272987012735283_1158703_372417478_n.jpg

I agree with the others...very cool build. This thread has fueled my imagination. I've had fantasies of chopping up an old mate and turning it into a Musky Hunter. An old long deck would provide a lot of real estate for a huge casting platform and under deck rod storage.

Is that filler on the bottom of the boat good above , and below the waterline , and if so is it a 3-M , Adtech, or ........., and just curious ..seeing that you are from my home town ( Saginaw ) do you know Terry Robinson , or Bobby Dubbay ?

Post # 96 ( strakes ) as i look at your pic'c i am wondering what your thoughts are cutting the strakes back ..........considerig ....strakes are there for a reason .which means more lift , which means less wetted surface , which once again means more speed , and to tell you the truth that is a far cry from a stepped bottom ..if that is what you are trying to do , and can you explain !

it is polyester filler with red hardner good for anywere. the strakes were cut and that is why i had to fix all of this mess, they did a bad job and it was all bondo caused me a headache. might be alittle slower but should run alot better in rough water and when is it ever calm out. I do know terry and have winterized his cig a few times and i know his engine builder kyneth sp. peace out:p

Back